2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

We beat one team with a winning record last year. 

It was still really easy to see us winning more games than what the vast majority of posters had us winning. Which was like 5 or 6 games. That didn't require us to beat any teams with a winning record going into last year. This team has shown a propensity to beat bad teams. Whether you like it or not, those wins count too and will add up. Currently, I'm not predicting 11-6, but I will say I think this team can shape up to be a 10 win team. I don't think 11-6 is crazy.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It was still really easy to see us winning more games than what the vast majority of posters had us winning. Which was like 5 or 6 games. That didn't require us to beat any teams with a winning record going into last year. This team has shown a propensity to beat bad teams. Whether you like it or not, those wins count too and will add up. Currently, I'm not predicting 11-6, but I will say I think this team can shape up to be a 10 win team. I don't think 11-6 is crazy.

I’d have to go back and check. I think most of us were at the 7-9 wins level. I thought it was easy to see we were really getting dogged by the national media about the roster being bottom 5 or whatever. I had us right about where we ended up. 8 wins or so. But only because the schedule was a cake walk second half. Next year looks to be about the same schedule wise. Like I said, one team with a winning record. One. Just because we made the playoffs with a cupcake schedule never made us a good team. I was happy they made the postseason but the TB game showed what we were last year. 11-6 for a team that hasn’t improved much on paper is homerish at least. Another easy schedule should net us the same result. About .500. 

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’d have to go back and check. I think most of us were at the 7-9 wins level. I thought it was easy to see we were really getting dogged by the national media about the roster being bottom 5 or whatever. I had us right about where we ended up. 8 wins or so. But only because the schedule was a cake walk second half. Next year looks to be about the same schedule wise. Like I said, one team with a winning record. One. Just because we made the playoffs with a cupcake schedule never made us a good team. I was happy they made the postseason but the TB game showed what we were last year. 11-6 for a team that hasn’t improved much on paper is homerish at least. Another easy schedule should net us the same result. About .500. 

Yeah you are right about the national media. And for most posters on the forum in general were all wrong. I'm not saying we were some great or even a good team, but I knew the dudes we had on the line, the division, and by that same token the schedule would allow for wins to pile up. And we would come out with an average to above average record. I know the NFL is not linear, but I do think this team has gotten better, the top team in the division has gotten objectively worse, the schedule is easy again, year 2 of both systems, maturation of young players, 3 first round picks. Idk. Just kinda pointing to another above average season record-wise.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

38 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

People are crying on Reddit and Twitter about D. Parker but who would really wanna give up a 3rd rounder for him? 5th sure but that's about it. Rather sign someone else or draft a WR early

Yeah I wouldn't have hated the move or been super pumped about it. Prob a healthier move to stay away from a guy like him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

People are crying on Reddit and Twitter about D. Parker but who would really wanna give up a 3rd rounder for him? 5th sure but that's about it. Rather sign someone else or draft a WR early

He's had one good season. Other than that season he never eclipsed 800 yards receiving. He hasn't missed as many games as I thought but he seems to be always dealing with nagging injuries. I think there is a disconnect with some people's perception of D. Parker and the reality of his production on the field. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10031528-nfl-rumors-stephon-gilmore-draws-interest-from-chiefs-eagles-and-bills

The Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills are among the teams reportedly interested in free-agent cornerback Stephon Gilmore.”

I mean I'd be excited about it but at the same time we'd have the oldest starting duo in the league probably.