2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Davis, Reddick, Bradberry, and White/Dean are all going to make huge impacts for you guys next season. Now you guys have a true #1 CB/pass rusher and three LB's that can run and play in space. Davis should also really help your run defense and free up other guys as pass rushers, he's a mountain inside.

CB2*

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Now after the Tartt signing. Where else might Howie be looking to add to throughout the rest of the summer? Big Strong RB, TE2 or DE Rotation?

I think our biggest issue which isn't big at all is TE2 and that all depends on the Rooks concussions being way way behind him or JJAW stepping up

I wouldn't be surprised to see some new bodies come in at those positions. I don't expect any more splash signings/moves unless something unforeseen happens. I would ideally like to add a decent rotational edge player to the group of Graham, Sweat, Barnetta and Jackson, though. That might not be in the cards, though. I think Calcaterra can lock down that TE2/FTE role but that will have to be monitored through TC and preseason. At RB, I think Kennedy Brooks has a good chance of earning that RB4 spot. That's the least concerning position to me because I think they will have several options to fill that role. I'd tentatively give the edge to Kennedy Brooks but there will be RBs cut and they can always sign Jordan Howard for the 10th time if they can't find a better option. They also have Huntley on the roster who doesn't really fit the power back archetype but he does provide a home run threat and RS/ST abilities.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Now after the Tartt signing. Where else might Howie be looking to add to throughout the rest of the summer? Big Strong RB, TE2 or DE Rotation?

I think our biggest issue which isn't big at all is TE2 and that all depends on the Rooks concussions being way way behind him or JJAW stepping up

Our biggest issue is still Hurts until he proves he's a certified top 15 passing QB.
Our 2nd biggest issue is Gannon and how he will actually use these new parts and pieces
3rd biggest issue is still going to be overall safety and LB talent. Nakobe Dean is the only guy, at LB or safety, that we would be bummed if we cut, and he's a rookie who has yet to play a snap.
4th biggest issue that coincides with the #2 issue is pass rush. Can anyone besides Reddick and Sweat get pressure? And can Sweat actually get pressure against good OT's instead of just the bad ones?
5th biggest issue is going to be health. Big part of the reason we went to the playoffs was because we stayed relatively healthy, especially compared to the prior 2 seasons. Can we continue to stay healthy, particularly along the OL?

With our schedule, I think 7 wins is basically worst case scenario. That's with Hurts not improving at all, and getting a few key injuries. 

As far as what the FO could target to further improve the team, probably RB. Nothing that requires more than a 3rd round pick. Maybe another LB if Kyzir doesn't look good. Don't think we'll actually trade for anyone else though.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Our biggest issue is still Hurts until he proves he's a certified top 15 passing QB.
Our 2nd biggest issue is Gannon and how he will actually use these new parts and pieces
3rd biggest issue is still going to be overall safety and LB talent. Nakobe Dean is the only guy, at LB or safety, that we would be bummed if we cut, and he's a rookie who has yet to play a snap.
4th biggest issue that coincides with the #2 issue is pass rush. Can anyone besides Reddick and Sweat get pressure? And can Sweat actually get pressure against good OT's instead of just the bad ones?
5th biggest issue is going to be health. Big part of the reason we went to the playoffs was because we stayed relatively healthy, especially compared to the prior 2 seasons. Can we continue to stay healthy, particularly along the OL?

With our schedule, I think 7 wins is basically worst case scenario. That's with Hurts not improving at all, and getting a few key injuries. 

I agree 99% of this but I'd just like to say that I'd be bummed if they cut Kyzir White but that's just because it would mean we whiffed again on a veteran LB and I have hope that he will be able to buck that trend.

Punter is the another position that could be addressed this off-season. Bradley Pinion was released by Bucs, which was pretty much inevitable with them drafting a punter in this year's draft. He was not great last season but he was also playing through injury. He finally passed a physical and was able to be released. I imagine the other couple of teams who drafted punters will be releasing theirs at some point as well. The Eagles could definitely stand to at least bring in some competition for Siposs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Punter is the another position that could be addressed this off-season. Bradley Pinion was released by Bucs, which was pretty much inevitable with them drafting a punter in this year's draft. He was not great last season but he was also playing through injury. He finally passed a physical and was able to be released. I imagine the other couple of teams who drafted punters will be releasing theirs at some point as well. The Eagles could definitely stand to at least bring in some competition for Siposs.

Speaking of which I was just doing a little research...

Siposs before his baby was born (November 20th): 46.3 average

Siposs after his baby was born (November 21st and on): 40.2 average

Also, if you look at post November 20th. His two best punting averages were November 21st (Saints) and November 28th (Giants). Neither of them were great at 44.2 and 43.3 average, but they were better than all the rest after his baby was born. You take out that first week after the baby was born and Siposs averaged 38.6 from December through the Bucs playoff game. Whew.

Not saying he will be great this year, but there is a chance Siposs can be solid. If he's in the 45-47 range (like he was the first half of the year before the baby came), then I can live with that. That would land him somewhere between 10-20 or so for punters.

I do obviously agree there should be competition for him whether it was a UDFA or a FA punter. Maybe if he's not performing well in camp and another team has 2 rosterable punters and is forced to cut one we can ****** them up like we did with Jake Elliott off waivers after the Bengals stupidly cut him right after drafting him in the 5th round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Speaking of which I was just doing a little research...

Siposs before his baby was born (November 20th): 46.3 average

Siposs after his baby was born (November 21st and on): 40.2 average

Also, if you look at post November 20th. His two best punting averages were November 21st (Saints) and November 28th (Giants). Neither of them were great at 44.2 and 43.3 average, but they were better than all the rest after his baby was born. You take out that first week after the baby was born and Siposs averaged 38.6 from December through the Bucs playoff game. Whew.

Not saying he will be great this year, but there is a chance Siposs can be solid. If he's in the 45-47 range (like he was the first half of the year before the baby came), then I can live with that. That would land him somewhere between 10-20 or so for punters.

I do obviously agree there should be competition for him whether it was a UDFA or a FA punter. Maybe if he's not performing well in camp and another team has 2 rosterable punters and is forced to cut one we can ****** them up like we did with Jake Elliott off waivers after the Bengals stupidly cut him right after drafting him in the 5th round.

TL;DR:

We just need to convince Siposs to give his kid up for adoption to get halfway decent punter play this year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

TL;DR:

We just need to convince Siposs to give his kid up for adoption to get halfway decent punter play this year.

🤣

Pretty sure it’s his first born, so good luck with that.

23 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

That's a really interesting statistic, though. I am curious, did you just figure that out for yourself? Or read it somewhere? Like did you just figure out he had a kid and then cross-reference it with his stats? There's definitely a correlation between the two.  

I was listening to an Eagles podcast (wanna say it was Eagle Eye) and they mentioned him having a kid and his production dipping after and pondering if that was partly the reason. Then, there was a thread for players on your team that suck and I obviously included Siposs and decided to go take a look at his IG to see when his first post of the baby was and he included the date of the birth in it, so I went to his game logs and just did the math on a calculator and bada bing… bada boom. 

Yes, I know I have a sickness.