2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I remember reports were mostly positive about Hurts last year too.

That’s not exactly true. He definitely had his ups and downs. But, yesterday was a very short practice and obviously a small sample size. I even said in my little write-up about his mechanics that we won’t know how ingrained those changes are till the bullets start flying and guys can hit him cause it’s much easier to keep your new throwing motion in tact when you know you aren’t gonna be hit. You’re definitely correct about needing to be better in the pocket. I saw a stat on ESPN that his QBR was 39 with 9 TDs to 8 INT in the pocket, whereas he had a QBR of 52 with 7 TDs to 1 INT outside the pocket.

Basically Hurts as a passer scrambling is fantastic, but leaves a lot to be desired from inside the pocket.

I wonder how well Jalen sees over his offensive line at only 6’1”. He has Mailata on one side who is basically 6’7” and Johnson on the other who is 6’6”. Also, has Dickerson at LG who is like 6’5.5”. Kelce is easy enough to see over at 6’2.5”, but yeah.

Guys like Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, and Russell Wilson are also better throwing outside rather than over the middle of the field, because they don’t see that part of the field as well either.

FDZbG44XsAEbn2Z.jpg

Drew Brees was able to be accurate all over the field, but he’s kind of an anomaly. It’s interesting to hear him talk about that aspect here. The big truck vs. sports car analogy was good. Funny to hear he gets on his tip toes and even has jumped to find what he’s looking for lol.

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I remember reports were mostly positive about Hurts last year too. I’m going to be positive and hopeful as I usually am. But I gotta see this in live game action to believe all the progress to be real. Nothing 7 on 7s will show me is that constant roll out right to bail out of a play. That was one of his biggest flaws. We’ll see. Good stuff so far though. Except Slay clearly struggling early lol. 

It’s the same thing every year in 7 on 7’s. The offense roasts the defense and everyone hypes up the QB and WRs. It is meaningless until September, but what else can we talk about?

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 9:55 AM, Jroc04 said:

I remember reports were mostly positive about Hurts last year too. I’m going to be positive and hopeful as I usually am. But I gotta see this in live game action to believe all the progress to be real. Nothing 7 on 7s will show me is that constant roll out right to bail out of a play. That was one of his biggest flaws. We’ll see. Good stuff so far though. Except Slay clearly struggling early lol. 

Sam Bradford should have been enough for Eagles fans to not care one bit about 7-on-7's. 

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I dunno why I became such a hater of Aaron Donald, but has been nauseating on all nfl channels today.

You realize how much coverage the Eagles, Cowboys, and NFCE in general gets? Lol. I understand why other divisions fans hate us.

I can’t manage to hate AD. Seems like a great father, husband, teammate and is a joy to watch play the game. Never seen anything like him on the football field. It’s gonna suck when he does hang up the cleats, but I guess better he goes out early than watching him decline.

based on who we actually have at DT and LB, we probably should be a base 5-1-5

WR---------QB-RB-------------------WR------WR

-----RT----RG--C---LG---LT---TE--------

Sweat---Davis---Cox---Hargrave---Reddick (w/Graham + Milton + Barnett rotating in)

------------------Nakobe---------------

Slay-------------------------Maddox-----Bradberry 

--------------Epps------- Harris-----------

We should never have more than 2 actual LB's out there

Obviously should mix in some 2 LB looks and 3 and 4 man fronts, but we should never have more than Nakobe and one other LB on the field at the same time. And ideally, just Nakobe out there most of the time unless the opponent is the Titans or Colts.

Edited by Jeezla

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You realize how much coverage the Eagles, Cowboys, and NFCE in general gets? Lol. I understand why other divisions fans hate us.

I can’t manage to hate AD. Seems like a great father, husband, teammate and is a joy to watch play the game. Never seen anything like him on the football field. It’s gonna suck when he does hang up the cleats, but I guess better he goes out early than watching him decline.

I think it’s just a combo of some of the f the corniness of his earlier career and as an Eagles fan I don’t wanna here this groundswell around the league for a guy that deserves a ring….. Dawk deserved a ring my re than anyone (absolutely no bias there).

suppose some of it too is him and Fletch used to be on the same tier and it just got further and further each year.

19 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I dunno why I became such a hater of Aaron Donald, but has been nauseating on all nfl channels today.

I'm a hater to anything L.A. related with the NFL. They want(ed) us so much to care about the franchise(s) there. It was inevitable for one of the two to win a Super Bowl soon. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think it’s just a combo of some of the f the corniness of his earlier career and as an Eagles fan I don’t wanna here this groundswell around the league for a guy that deserves a ring….. Dawk deserved a ring my re than anyone (absolutely no bias there).

suppose some of it too is him and Fletch used to be on the same tier and it just got further and further each year.

I can understand some of that stuff and the whole deserves a ring is dumb to me. You can point to a lot of guys like that who were tremendous players. I wish it had happened for Dawk, but he was a part of the front office at the time of the SB, so he got his.

Speaking of B Dawk he was on NFLN the other day and has a new book out about his journey. I’m definitely gonna have to read it.

Also, as much as I love Cox I never thought he was on Donald’s level at least not at similar points of their respective careers. Obviously Fletcher came in the league a couple years ahead of Aaron. Don’t get me wrong Cox was elite with him, but Donald was always on a different level for me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm a hater to anything L.A. related with the NFL. They want(ed) us so much to care about the franchise(s) there. It was inevitable for one of the two to win a Super Bowl soon. 

I don’t think them being in L.A. had anything to do with winning a SB this year. I have some gripes with McVay like not going for it as often as he should on 4th down, but he’s always been a fantastic play caller and had them as one of the better teams. He desperately needed an upgrade at QB cause Goff is a guy you win with at best. They also made good adds of talented players either picking them up like Odell or trading picks for them like Miller. Rams weren’t an all time SB team, but they won the close games they needed to in the playoffs. Credit where it’s due.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think them being in L.A. had anything to do with winning a SB this year. I have some gripes with McVay like not going for it as often as he should on 4th down, but he’s always been a fantastic play caller and had them as one of the better teams. He desperately needed an upgrade at QB cause Goff is a guy you win with at best. They also made good adds of talented players either picking them up like Odell or trading picks for them like Miller. Rams weren’t an all time SB team, but they won the close games they needed to in the playoffs. Credit where it’s due.

I don't think the NFL fixed the game or anything like it to give them the SB. But they did try to give them as much attention as possible since their move. 

25 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't think the NFL fixed the game or anything like it to give them the SB. But they did try to give them as much attention as possible since their move. 

Oh for sure, but I mean LA is a big market, so I get it. 

NFCE gets so much coverage cause we drive the most traffic. 

NFL is always gonna do what's best for business.