2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Watson ain’t coming off getting hands in his deepest crevices and then dealing with the Philly media……

Not saying I want him or not but all it would take is one Win and it would be forgotten about pretty quickly here tbh. Ofc a few will still hold a grudge but the majority will be all about the SB talk after one win

26 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not saying I want him or not but all it would take is one Win and it would be forgotten about pretty quickly here tbh. Ofc a few will still hold a grudge but the majority will be all about the SB talk after one win

It’s amazing the people will criticize Watson but continue to support Penn State football - I just had this talk in my group chat with 7 of my friends who are Penn State fans. They’re totally opposed to Watson but have no issue supporting a school that is known for sexually assaulting children. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think it’s questionable to take what fan of other teams say here at face value. There’s a lot of people who are blinded by homerism - just look at the Urban And Tebow thread. 

Agreed but I do have some jag fan buddies who aren't big fans of his. I just combine that with him being released and having no trade value and I find it questionable. It's not clean. Yes I know it's the jags. 

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Believe so. Read somewhere that if Howie wanted to he could create I believe it was like 34 million in cap space with a few restructures. Plus it's Howie that's his specialty is fitting people in when it looks like we can't

I really don’t want to have to do even more restructures than we already have. We’ve already put ourselves in a ****ty place with that. It might just have to be a year we don’t do a lot in FA after Reddick and that’s fine. We probably would be better served looking for value signings at this point and then attacking FA next year when more money opens up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Dammit, Hunter is available from Minny. Any way we can find room for him? 

I just think it is too expensive. With draft capital and his price tag I don't think we are in a place to make a deal like that yet. Would be a fantastic get though. Reddick, Hunter, Sweat would be a great trio for the next three years.

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I really don’t want to have to do even more restructures than we already have. We’ve already put ourselves in a ****ty place with that. It might just have to be a year we don’t do a lot in FA after Reddick and that’s fine. We probably would be better served looking for value signings at this point and then attacking FA next year when more money opens up.

Yeah for sure I get that. For the right player/s I'd be open to it though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

It’s amazing the people will criticize Watson but continue to support Penn State football - I just had this talk in my group chat with 7 of my friends who are Penn State fans. They’re totally opposed to Watson but have no issue supporting a school that is known for sexually assaulting children. 

eh I get if people have an association but it's many rungs down the line to hate say James Franklin's 2021 PSU team compared to Watson, who you know actually did the messed up things. I think the Penn State route to go is to dig on the people who still revere JoePa as a god. Still not 1to1, but closer.