2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

It is going fine for a team that's still rebuilding. Playoffs last year was just a treat. We're not spending dumb money on anyone when we got no shot at the SB this year. Haason was a great long term signing and we all know how they value guys like that. We resigned a few low key guys. Still got plenty of meat in FA out there and the draft still to come. 

Wouldn't be burning the house down just yet. I get it somewhat, I wanted a few of the guys that got signed but they were truly never realistic. We gotta build through the draft and steal a guy here and there in FA. 

Scala apparently thought that with the right FA signings, this team was winning a SB with Jalen Hurts at QB. We just needed Marcus Williams to do it.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Nah gotta get some offense

trade back from 19 and get another day 2 pick.

Then take Cine, Pickens and Quay

Now that I think about it, Georgia probably had 3 LB's that would immediately be the best LB on the Eagles roster. And I'm not sold on Tindall at all.

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Scala apparently thought that with the right FA signings, this team was winning a SB with Jalen Hurts at QB. We just needed Marcus Williams to do it.

Show me where I said that because I’ll wait.

This team is worse without Fletcher Cox on it. I haven’t really said much about FA because I wasn’t expecting a ton but I also wasn’t expecting to lose Fletch this cycle. I understand the whole rebuilding aspect but the move just doesn’t make sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This team is worse without Fletcher Cox on it. I haven’t really said much about FA because I wasn’t expecting a ton but I also wasn’t expecting to lose Fletch this cycle. I understand the whole rebuilding aspect but the move just doesn’t make sense to me. 

You said the offseason wasn't going fine. It is. We added Reddick. We lost Cox. Too soon? Maybe, but the writing was on the wall for Fletch. We all heard his name was being discussed in trade talks dating back to last season, and he's basically just a run stuffer at this point.

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He was due like 18M guaranteed by 4 pm today or something. No way Howie was letting that happen. I’m sure, if Howie wants him back, that 18M would help secure a couple years of his services. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

You said the offseason wasn't going fine. It is. We added Reddick. We lost Cox. Too soon? Maybe, but the writing was on the wall for Fletch. We all heard his name was being discussed in trade talks dating back to last season, and he's basically just a run stuffer at this point.

You took me saying the off-season wasn’t going fine right now and turned it into me thinking we’re a Super Bowl contender with Jalen Hurts if we had signed Marcus Williams? How the hell does that even make sense? 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You would think someone who pays attention to the Eagles as much as you do would’ve seen the Cox departure happening from a mile away.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

You would think someone who pays attention to the Eagles as much as you do would’ve seen the Cox departure happening from a mile away.

I did but not this cycle (as I said before). I expected him to be traded if anything but not just released. 

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I was in the offseason was going fine camp till this move. I am ok getting slightly better, but not a ton through FA this offseason... but if we are unable to bring Cox back we are just getting worse at this point. We gotta make a few moves to improve the roster. Bring in a DB and a WR to fill some holes before the draft. Cutting players for cap space is fine if you have a plan to fill said cap space. 

The draft is by far the most important part of the offseason, but we gotta bring in a few more guys during FA.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan