2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

A hair shy of $28 mil.

But really it’s $13m with the rookies factored in. Those 1st rounders is gonna cost ~$3m each.

They get Hargrave down to around $10m from the almost $18m he’s at now and we can sign a solid could guys and still have room to wiggle

What other restructures could be done for big cap space? Lane and BG? 

32 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Be surprised honestly if we weren't offering more but let's be real. Philly or California weather , atmosphere,  lifestyle while joining the defending SB Champs if money is even remotely in the same stratosphere?

It's not meant to be a knock but reality.  

36 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

What other restructures could be done for big cap space? Lane and BG? 

Lane is more of a “in case of emergencies” one I’d imagine at this point. Signed until he’s 35, FA in 2026.

I could see them talking to BG and working on something. If he plans to be the Chris Long, vet guy for a couple years they can spread out the money this year + a little more. Would have to be a dialog between the two of them with what his plans are.

Seumalo could get a new deal maybe, but he could get traded too. 

Cutting JJAW with save a mil, though I’m sure that’d just be going to Pascal as the new JJAW (but he can kinda catch and doesn’t seem so in his head)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Lane is more of a “in case of emergencies” one I’d imagine at this point. Signed until he’s 35, FA in 2026.

I could see them talking to BG and working on something. If he plans to be the Chris Long, vet guy for a couple years they can spread out the money this year + a little more. Would have to be a dialog between the two of them with what his plans are.

Cutting JJAW with save a mil, though I’m sure that’d just be going to Pascal as the new JJAW (but he can kinda catch and doesn’t seem so in his head)

Could also trade herbig for a 5th and save the 2 million

• Like 1

Does Howie think the roster is better than it is currently? 

Lots of oh we brought our guys back talk being sent through the talking heads. I wonder if howie thinks the team actually is good and not the reality of us being better than worse teams.

Reddick was a good move and filled a big need. Need to invest in this secondary though. Harris coming back doesn't change anything.

52 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Didn't think about Seumalo good call on that one. 

Would love to cut jjaw just to get a new body in here that has a chance to turn into something. He's just hogging up space like Reagor will be doing if he busts again this upcoming season. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Was not interested in Rasul but good for him. 

Once again just showing how Doug and Jim did not know how to scheme or get the most out of what they had at their disposal.

I truly tremble to think last year would've looked like if those two clowns were still here.

Really no one we should sign Tbh. We aren’t contenders no reason to sign old safeties. Marcus williams made sense since he’s younger, dj chark I wanted. I really don’t think we will be a contender until we get rid of hurts, I don’t want anything more than to get a better Qb. Picket and Willis will be better than him. But id only pick one at 19. I’m hoping we trade up from 15 to get Hamilton or sauce. 

28 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Really no one we should sign Tbh. We aren’t contenders no reason to sign old safeties. Marcus williams made sense since he’s younger, dj chark I wanted. I really don’t think we will be a contender until we get rid of hurts, I don’t want anything more than to get a better Qb. Picket and Willis will be better than him. But id only pick one at 19. I’m hoping we trade up from 15 to get Hamilton or sauce. 

You're probably right about hurts but if anyone can come out on top it's Hurts. Not many that work like him and have the confidence to match that. He's a different breed. I wouldn't count him out just yet