GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, we probably would have won if there weren't three picks. Does that make my question less valid? Keep the picks. Does Foreman produce more than Henry?

You play to win the game yes I agree with what you said but my point is it’s bigger than a lot of yards he cost us. When another player cost us the game 

I was the biggest doubter of NWI coming into this season 

I refuse to blame him 

Tannehill threw into a tight window and allowed a ball to get tipped 

You are about to pay AJ

Made a big trade for Julio 

And Tannehill still can’t get it done 

The only other person I’m willing to blame is Downing 

The bubble screen after the Foreman big run was such a bad playcall because we already ran it once and Rodgers was never open 

I’m fine with passing but go play action 

I’ve gone to bat for Tannehill. I’ve defended him for 3 years. I went so hard for him in the Tannehill/Brady debate. 

I’m done with him after this game though. It’s clear we have a limit with him as QB. When we’ve needed him come playoff time, he’s come up short. And the problem is we’re stuck with him because of his contract. 

I don’t want to be dramatic but it’s going to be a long, long time before the team, media, and more importantly fans recovers from this one. How can anyone believe in this team after everything fell perfect for us and we blew it.  As I said feels like a franchise altering loss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ve gone to bat for Tannehill. I’ve defended him for 3 years. I went so hard for him in the Tannehill/Brady debate. 

I’m done with him after this game though. It’s clear we have a limit with him as QB. When we’ve needed him come playoff time, he’s come up short. And the problem is we’re stuck with him because of his contract. 

I don’t want to be dramatic but it’s going to be a long, long time before the team, media, and more importantly fans recovers from this one. How can anyone believe in this team after everything fell perfect for us and we blew it.  As I said feels like a franchise altering loss. 

I don’t think you are over stating it being a franchise altering loss

Coaching staff already committed to Tannehill before the playoffs so we are stuck 

Tannehill was bad. Unquestionably bad. I don’t know how he gets blamed for the last two picks though. The screen to Rogers was a garbage call and a guaranteed pick because of the defensive call. I guess the argument is that Tannehill should’ve known the nickel blitz was coming and checked out pre-snap?

The NWI one comes down to your expectations for a QB. I want my QB to give his receivers opportunities to make plays.  That play was there for NWI to make, he just went soft, didn’t attack the ball, and let a bad corner go through him. My biggest complaint would be that we’re calling designed plays with NWI as the primary read with AJ and Julio healthy and balling.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

yeah. feels hard to really invest in the team while tannehill is still QB. i'll watch the games, enjoy the wins, etc. but i have no expectations from here on out. this was our chance and we weren't up to the task; not even close.

This team has reached its peak with Tannehill. We’re not winning playoff games with him. He’s not going to lead this team to wins on his own. We’re stuck with his ridiculous contract that jumps crazy this offseason which will hinder the team even more next year. Our GM has drafted like **** the past two seasons and now we’re stuck with Tannehill. We improved our god awful defense and we still are 1 and done thanks to Tannehill and that worthless POS Downing. Such a frustrating ending to a season that had so much promise but we should’ve known better with Tannehill leading this offense.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Tannehill was bad. Unquestionably bad. I don’t know how he gets blamed for the last two picks though. The screen to Rogers was a garbage call and a guaranteed pick because of the defensive call. I guess the argument is that Tannehill should’ve known the nickel blitz was coming and checked out pre-snap?

The NWI one comes down to your expectations for a QB. I want my QB to give his receivers opportunities to make plays.  That play was there for NWI to make, he just went soft, didn’t attack the ball, and let a bad corner go through him. My biggest complaint would be that we’re calling designed plays with NWI as the primary read with AJ and Julio healthy and balling.

it hasn't actually mattered who the OC is. last year it was kalif raymond, this year it was NWI. if we're getting the same results across coordinators, that suggests to me that either tannehill isn't smart enough to get us into a look where the ball is going to AJ/julio in a crucial spot, or vrabel isn't smart enough to tell his OCs that that's what's going to need to happen. damning either way.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The call for Tannehill to be replaced will be LOUD and I might lead the charge. 
I never felt comfortable all year with him at QB. He was bad decision after bad decision.

Turnover after turnover. 

Tank Commander Tunahill reporting for duty!

• Like 1