GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

48 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Or simply a hell of a play by Hilton. I know it might sound like a crazy idea, but other teams/players are also capable of making great plays. And it was a particularly great play on his part.

It was a play by him.  It's not ignoring him.

Also not silly of me to think that our QB can make plays too. Make right decisions.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It was a play by him.  It's not ignoring him.

Also not silly of me to think that our QB can make plays too. Make right decisions.

It's definitely not. Only it looks like the right decision based on what he sees pre and post snap. That's what I'm saying. Now if you want to fail him for failing to deliver the throw, sure, I guess we can do that. But most non-Mahomes quarterbacks can only throw that quick and over the top of the defender, before he can get his hands in the air or jump for it, which he tried to do, and if not for a highly impressive play by Hilton, that ball probably finds our receiver's hands instead.

Edited by Andrei01

1 minute ago, Andrei01 said:

It's definitely not. Only it looks like the right decision based on what he sees pre and post snap. That's what I'm saying. Now if you want to fail him for failing to deliver the throw, sure, I guess we can do that. But most non-Mahomes quarterbacks can only throw that quick and over the top of the defender, before he can get his hands in the air or jump for it, which he tried to do, and if not for a highly impressive play by Hilton, that ball probably finds our receiver's hands instead.

It begins with a failure at the call. And it ends with the failure of the player. I'll say that then. 
I partially believe he got baited into the throw. Don't know for sure, but film study probably said he will quick throw into the blitz.

Defender made a good play. 
I feel they knew what he was going to do if given this look. 
All the explanation or shining up his performance doesn't change to me that he cost us the game. 

Defenders were better than Tanny multiple times this year and multiple times in the game. At some point, it's not a hat tip to the defender it's a failure of the offensive player.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

tannehill led the freaking NFL in red zone interceptions. jesus, man. it felt like a lot but i wondered if my perception was off- turns out it wasn't off at all. horrific.

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

tannehill led the freaking NFL in red zone interceptions. jesus, man. it felt like a lot but i wondered if my perception was off- turns out it wasn't off at all. horrific.

Let’s not go full fake news here. He tied for the most red zone interceptions. With Patrick Mahommes and Joe Burrow. At 3. And Burrow threw three in 25 less attempts. 

17 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Let’s not go full fake news here. He tied for the most red zone interceptions. With Patrick Mahommes and Joe Burrow. At 3. And Burrow threw three in 25 less attempts. 

including playoffs, he led the nfl with 4. and if he had thrown as many touchdowns as mahomes and burrow we wouldn't be having this conversation. fake news, lol. come on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

including playoffs, he led the nfl with 4. and if he had thrown as many touchdowns as mahomes and burrow we wouldn't be having this conversation. fake news, lol. come on.

Exactly, nobody would complain if he scored 35 points and37-40 TDs. We could take that. But when you only score 21 TDs your issues are magnified.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

I mean Mahomes and Burrow have weapons at receiver! We only have AJ Brown and Julio Jones! Get Tannehill some actual receivers, then he'll tear it up!

/s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It’s the blitz that makes the throw to Rogers the read. It’s the action of the RPO that’s supposed to open up the throwing lane. Like, in that situation, what you’re not supposed to do is run the ball into a stacked box with an unblocked DB coming off of the edge. You want to get it out to your slot in space with a blocker.

Now, the problem is that we’ve put this play on tape like a dozen times throughout the year. And your play caller should probably have recognized that when he ran literally the exact same play from the exact same formation against the exact same look in the first quarter, nobody on the defense was fooled and it gained three yards after almost being picked. And that maybe you don’t need to go back to it when it looked like they were expecting it.

Great play and read by Hilton. Stupid call given the circumstances.

To me this is a good read of that play, combined with a little luck.  AS it was a great play by Hilton...

This also goes to one main complaint I have...  I rarely see audibles from Tanny and the Titans.   IN this case with this alignment on both sides of the ball the perfect call would be to run the ball and just have the TE instead of going in motion go up field to block their LB'r.  When we ran the play you could see very little reaction to the TE in motion by their LB'r in fact you can see him adjust slightly to his right first to cover the back side run.