Moon Knight- Disney+ March 30

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Think it’s just kinda like how Steven made the Mr. Knight suit because that’s his point of reference, think this is a veneer put on to help Marc/Steven/Jake understand it all.

I really really hope so. If any of the first 4 episodes "wasn't real" I check out. The biggest shinning light from that sequence for me was the sarcophagus they passed by that clearly contained a restrained but unhinged Jake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I really really hope so. If any of the first 4 episodes "wasn't real" I check out. The biggest shinning light from that sequence for me was the sarcophagus they passed by that clearly contained a restrained but unhinged Jake

That and her showing up (plus the swaying hallway) makes me pretty sure it’s the like an afterlife way-station/limbo stop. She’s the goddess of rebirth and birth in general. Had to refresh the little bit of Egyptian gods knowledge I had a couple episodes ago so recognized her, but diving deeper… yeah she helps nourish those crossing over, has ties to water and the purification it can bring. She’s also technically is the Sun Mother, and like one of the nicest gods, so she’s like the exact opposite of Khonshu.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xenos said:

This episode has weird genre whiplash lol. Turned into a weird horror show with the undead mummy and then ended with that mind trip. Though it was nice to see Layla kick butt this episode.

Really enjoyed her character, nice find by them

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I hope to payoff is good though, the whole insane asylum trope is one of my pet peeves. Its an overused ploy that often leaves you with a "what was the point?" feeling afterward. Fingers crossed the whole god component gives it a different spin. 

On a side note, don’t you just love how Community made fun of the trope?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuo9Y--LNBI

Finally watched last week's episode. I feel like it lost momentum. I have no clue who that hippo is and I really don't care enough to look it up. I'm guessing an Egyptian god of some kind. My guesses for the asylum were that it was an internal thing when Arthur reads you. Or it could be where the other personalities get trapped while another takes over. But seeing that he was shot twice and all the personalities seemed to be there, I'm guessing it's somewhere between life and death.

I can't say that I'm a fan of it though. The performances from Isaac and Hawke have been great. But the story is losing me a little.

Man, was not prepared for all that onion peeling of Marc’s life being just that tragic.

Black Panther’s Ancestral Plane getting a shout-out near the beginning was a nice little connective tissue thing that helps give that further context.

Spoiler

Surprised we got no Jake still, starting to think that’s just going to be the end credit scene. Him just driving a taki, then he adjusts the mirror and Marc says something to him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Great bounce back episode. Oscar Isaac is magnificent.  

Agreed about Isaac. But how did the story really progress that episode? You learned how and who came first and that's really it. One more episode to go and it's looking like the main story will get a rushed ending.

My theory on the ending

Spoiler

Stephen served his purpose - shielding himself from the horrors of his childhood, and sacrificing himself in the sands as he had completed his arc. Then the scales became balanced because Marc is actually 'good' in his heart, and the other personality we haven't seen yet is 'bad', so while Stephen was around he was also 'good', hence the unbalance. Will be interesting to see if and how much the other personality appears.

Also - I'm assuming that time in this realm for Marc functions similarly to Constantine's death and interaction with Lucifer - basically almost stops / slows down for reality.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:
  Hide contents

Surprised we got no Jake still, starting to think that’s just going to be the end credit scene. Him just driving a taki, then he adjusts the mirror and Marc says something to him.

I think we did see him right before Harrow's goons injected him with whatever. 

• Like 1