2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

It does seem like there was some conflict with members of the team and Amari after the game. I’m not sure if the “black Kirk Cousins,” comments happened but it does appear things were said to Amari after the game and he may have clapped back. I know Dak was attacking the refs and everyone else after the game. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-trade-amari-cooper-free-agency-quit-michael-gallup-dak-prescott

“In the second half he caught just two passes for 27 yards, none in the game's final 9:35. But it was his lack of effort - and visible indifference to blocking - on Dallas' fateful possession that apparently left a bad taste in the organization's mouth.

With the Cowboys trailing, 23-17, and at their 20-yard line and with 32 seconds remaining, quarterback Dak Prescott completed a pass to Wilson, who lateraled to Lamb for a big gain that could've been bigger. During the play Cooper casually jogged downfield and didn't lay a finger on 49ers cornerback Emmanuel Moseley, who wound up running Lamb out of bounds. 

On the next snap, Prescott completed a swing pass to running back Tony Pollard. Again Cooper nonchalantly whiffed on a block attempt, this time on a safety (Jaquiski Tartt) who helped run Pollard out of bounds.

The Cowboys gained 30 yards on the two completions, but felt they could've had more if Cooper would have been interested in carrying out his blocking assignments. Excruciatingly, Dallas ran out of time

On what could be his final play as a Cowboy, Cooper jogged five yards and watched helplessly as Prescott ran a quarterback draw and ultimately failed to spike the ball in time for an attempt for one last snap. 

"(The Cowboys) thought they had a team that could go far the playoffs - maybe even to the Super Bowl," the league source said. "But with the season on the line, (Cooper) kind of shrunk. It might sound unfair to judge an entire season by a couple of plays. But in the end for them it was ... just very disappointing."

13 hours ago, D82 said:

I'd like to see how many QBs could...the list would be really, really short. 

I suppose it would. But I simply don't have confidence that Dak's arm is enough to overcome a shotty online, mediocre running game and a suspect defense.

Some QBs could.

But if THIS team is going to compete for a title, im still of the mindset that Dak will need to lean on a strong running game and a defense that gets to the QB.

Turnovers are nice, but disrupting a QBs game is key. Just watch how SF handed Dak his *** in the playoff loss.

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

I suppose it would. But I simply don't have confidence that Dak's arm is enough to overcome a shotty online, mediocre running game and a suspect defense.

Some QBs could.

But if THIS team is going to compete for a title, im still of the mindset that Dak will need to lean on a strong running game and a defense that gets to the QB.

Turnovers are nice, but disrupting a QBs game is key. Just watch how SF handed Dak his *** in the playoff loss.

I love how you mention his arm...as if he can't throw the deep ball. I thought we'd dispelled that myth. 

There were a lot of issues with the playoff game. This team's reliance on a washed-up RB who they handed a big contract being one of them. The offensive line. Dak having an off-day, poor playcalling by the Boy Genius. It takes a team to win, and Dallas a whole hasn't been a great team in a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It does seem like there was some conflict with members of the team and Amari after the game. I’m not sure if the “black Kirk Cousins,” comments happened but it does appear things were said to Amari after the game and he may have clapped back. I know Dak was attacking the refs and everyone else after the game. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-trade-amari-cooper-free-agency-quit-michael-gallup-dak-prescott

“In the second half he caught just two passes for 27 yards, none in the game's final 9:35. But it was his lack of effort - and visible indifference to blocking - on Dallas' fateful possession that apparently left a bad taste in the organization's mouth.

With the Cowboys trailing, 23-17, and at their 20-yard line and with 32 seconds remaining, quarterback Dak Prescott completed a pass to Wilson, who lateraled to Lamb for a big gain that could've been bigger. During the play Cooper casually jogged downfield and didn't lay a finger on 49ers cornerback Emmanuel Moseley, who wound up running Lamb out of bounds. 

On the next snap, Prescott completed a swing pass to running back Tony Pollard. Again Cooper nonchalantly whiffed on a block attempt, this time on a safety (Jaquiski Tartt) who helped run Pollard out of bounds.

The Cowboys gained 30 yards on the two completions, but felt they could've had more if Cooper would have been interested in carrying out his blocking assignments. Excruciatingly, Dallas ran out of time

On what could be his final play as a Cowboy, Cooper jogged five yards and watched helplessly as Prescott ran a quarterback draw and ultimately failed to spike the ball in time for an attempt for one last snap. 

"(The Cowboys) thought they had a team that could go far the playoffs - maybe even to the Super Bowl," the league source said. "But with the season on the line, (Cooper) kind of shrunk. It might sound unfair to judge an entire season by a couple of plays. But in the end for them it was ... just very disappointing."

This seems entirely plausible. Dak was super upset after the game, him lashing out at everyone around him doesnt seem far fetched.  He wanst PR/Public display friendly. 

And thats not to say his play was defensible. He played bad also. But he cared and was mad about it.

Edited by Matts4313

4 hours ago, D82 said:

They'll be lucky to get a 2nd. 

Second isn’t bad at all. But I’m not sure I agree with lucky. Tunsil landed two first and a second. 

Collins is a very good RT and RT would be the blindside for the Tua. 

Add that OL along the NFL sucks tells me it’s a sellers market, not a buyers.