2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Competitive in the regular season is one thing, competitive in the post season is a whole different thing, I want the later. 

until we are consistently winning in the postseason and in contention for Conference Championships or Super Bowl Titles, we ain’t  💩 

44 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Competitive in the regular season is one thing, competitive in the post season is a whole different thing, I want the later. 

until we are consistently winning in the postseason and in contention for Conference Championships or Super Bowl Titles, we ain’t  💩 

This. 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Cowboys fans don’t want to hear it, because they can’t blame Jerry for it, but not making an NFCCG or Super Bowl in recent history probably has a lot more to do with bad luck than bad management. There’s a slightly luckier parallel universe, where Tony doesn’t bobble the field goal, Crayton doesn’t drop the pass, Dez doesn’t extend for the goal line, Murray doesn’t fumble, and Crosby doesn’t make the field goal, and we’ve had about as much post season success as anyone, save New England.

The Cowboys front office has issues, no doubt. Jeff Cavanaugh is right, the gap between where we are and where we realistically should hope to be, is not as drastic as many Cowboys fans believe. (Though I would agree, the gap is getting larger the more power Stephen Jones gets)

• Like 3

It’s good news that they feel ready to rely on Cox. If he takes Neal’s spot, and LVE retains his role, there’s not really room for other linebacker snaps.

The main problem is if someone gets hurt. Then you really need someone. There’s also room to upgrade LVE or move Parsons to edge more often. So I get why they might decide not to invest at LB in the first couple of rounds. But I hope they catch a faller in the 3rd or 4th (a la Cox).

34 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s good news that they feel ready to rely on Cox. If he takes Neal’s spot, and LVE retains his role, there’s not really room for other linebacker snaps.

The main problem is if someone gets hurt. Then you really need someone. There’s also room to upgrade LVE or move Parsons to edge more often. So I get why they might decide not to invest at LB in the first couple of rounds. But I hope they catch a faller in the 3rd or 4th (a la Cox).

LVE looked better as the year went on, imo. He might be getting back to his rookie status with his injury issues. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

The Cowboys have a habit of telling players "if they are available they will be drafted." I am actually shocked that doesn't leak more and only ever comes out years after.

Also, Zeke was clearly a Romo all-in pick. So I am not sure why we are blaming this solely on Rod. 

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The Cowboys have a habit of telling players "if they are available they will be drafted." I am actually shocked that doesn't leak more and only ever comes out years after.

Also, Zeke was clearly a Romo all-in pick. So I am not sure why we are blaming this solely on Rod. 

And it was dumb. They let Murray (a 3rd round pick) go after running him into the ground and refused to give him a big contract...you'd think they would have learned a lesson. Instead they pass on the All-Pro DB and draft a running back #4 overall and then extend him. 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

And it was dumb. They let Murray (a 3rd round pick) go after running him into the ground and refused to give him a big contract...you'd think they would have learned a lesson. Instead they pass on the All-Pro DB and draft a running back #4 overall and then extend him. 

Des, you are better than this. No one knew Ramsey would be an All Pro DB. Hell we all thought Mo was gonna be the truth. 

Also this is interesting: