Do you see what I see?

armsteeld

Tariqious Tisdale is 6'5 285 and ran a 4.5 at his pro day. Coming off a season ending broken ulna and radius suffered in 2020, Tisdale only played in 4 games in 2021. He only has 3 career sacks but I see a high upside player to draft on day 3. Watch him vs Louisville and tell me what you see. Tisdale is number 22.

https://youtu.be/dhlNY357sIQ

52 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Tariqious Tisdale is 6'5 285 and ran a 4.5 at his pro day. Coming off a season ending broken ulna and radius suffered in 2020, Tisdale only played in 4 games in 2021. He only has 3 career sacks but I see a high upside player to draft on day 3. Watch him vs Louisville and tell me what you see. Tisdale is number 22.

https://youtu.be/dhlNY357sIQ

It depends. Where do u plan on putting him because he’s like a 4-3 end to me. We seem to wanna run a hybrid nickel as our BASE. But we are transitioning to larger OLBs. Do u wanna use him as competition for Highsmith? Like a taco charloton? I think that would be ok situationally. Or do u wanna use him as a 3T, between the guard and tackle? Imo he’s too tall and lean for that role. An nfl guard, center, pulling guard, or down blocking ot will either maul him or push him into our light back 7 on running plays. On passing plays the guard will probably just get under him and into his pads. He’s a lot like Wormley coming out of college I think just based on his athleticism and build. And his career production, as u mentioned, doesn’t scream great potential as a pass rusher. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

Saw Colbert went to NCState. Who's he looking at?

Watched one play of Emeka Emezie and got Deebo Samuel vibes (in terms of sheer explosive mass/explosion/what have you

I continued for a second play and watched him play the ball in the air 

And then I stopped watching...

9 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Saw Colbert went to NCState. Who's he looking at?

Watched one play of Emeka Emezie and got Deebo Samuel vibes (in terms of sheer explosive mass/explosion/what have you

I continued for a second play and watched him play the ball in the air 

And then I stopped watching...

Emeka maybe, though I don't think he is worth a draft pick 

Ekwonu and Knight I'd guess.

I don't see Vi Jones or Rickey Person as being high on our radar. 

Ekwonu though is a LT prospect. He is their top guy.

Edited by wwhickok

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Emeka maybe, though I don't think he is worth a draft pick 

Ekwonu and Knight I'd guess.

I don't see Vi Jones or Rickey Person as being high on our radar. 

Ekwonu though is a LT prospect. He is their top guy.

Ahh but if you are to disguise your intentions through cloak and dagger type plays you will make it appear as if the LT is your intention. Your "due diligence"

He could go as high as 3rd overall. And there is no chance he gets out of the top 15

12 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Ahh but if you are to disguise your intentions through cloak and dagger type plays you will make it appear as if the LT is your intention. Your "due diligence"

He could go as high as 3rd overall. And there is no chance he gets out of the top 15

I agree. The most realistic guy for us is Zonovan Knight of that group tbh

On 3/12/2022 at 11:28 PM, bigben07MVP said:

Howell just screams Baker Mayfield to me.

I am out on Corral and Strong as well. Ridder and Willis are the only two worth drafting imo.

Howell is Mayfield with far less upside.

No thanks.

I think the best any of these QBs will end up being is on the Derek Carr level.   Maybe on prime Cam Newton level but with all his inconsistencies.    

Wouldn't mind that per se, but surely not for a first round pick....especially since they have many more question marks than those guys coming out.

59 minutes ago, 43M said:

Howell is Mayfield with far less upside.

No thanks.

I think the best any of these QBs will end up being is on the Derek Carr level.   Maybe on prime Cam Newton level but with all his inconsistencies.    

Wouldn't mind that per se, but surely not for a first round pick....especially since they have many more question marks than those guys coming out.

I think a Derek Carr/Cam newton level QB at pick 20 is kinda steal due the value of the position. that's top 12-8 QB play, I'll take that at 20

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think a Derek Carr/Cam newton level QB at pick 20 is kinda steal due the value of the position. that's top 12-8 QB play, I'll take that at 20

Im not disagreeing with that....even though I dont entirely agree with that statement.

However, my point was that Derek Carr/Cam Newton level is the likely CEILING for 2 or 3 of them.   The others will likely be backups or out of the league in 5 years.

Drafting them in round 1 is about how likely they are to reach a certain level of play.

If you told me I was guaranteed to get Derek Carr level play from one of these guys at 20...Id very likely take him.

However, most of these guys are boom/bust guys, and I think they lean more towards the bust side....which is why I wouldn't take any QB in round 1 this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

Im not disagreeing with that....even though I dont entirely agree with that statement.

However, my point was that Derek Carr/Cam Newton level is the likely CEILING for 2 or 3 of them.   The others will likely be backups or out of the league in 5 years.

Drafting them in round 1 is about how likely they are to reach a certain level of play.

If you told me I was guaranteed to get Derek Carr level play from one of these guys at 20...Id very likely take him.

However, most of these guys are boom/bust guys, and I think they lean more towards the bust side....which is why I wouldn't take any QB in round 1 this year.

I agree. I can talk myself into the idea of them taking a QB at 20 if they really like him. its trading up that gives me a big pause.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jebrick said:

Willis is the only one you take a gamble on in the 1st.  The rest are not worth it

I dont see Willis being worth that gamble either....although if we are willing to reach on guys like Edmunds and Burns based on their measurables, they would do it for Willis, no doubt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont see Willis being worth that gamble either....although if we are willing to reach on guys like Edmunds and Burns based on their measurables, they would do it for Willis, no doubt.

QB is the only position you reach on because it is so important.  Going for the safe QB makes you pick Trubisky rather than the more risky but higher ceiling Maholmes.

• Like 1