2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Great the nfl is becoming the NBA… ugh

I honestly can’t blame Allen Robinson. He’s been paired with pedestrian QBs and bad coordinators. Got a chance to control his narrative 

Edited by bucksavage1

59 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Was rasul Douglas a fluke last year? Feel like he’s being slept on

I think it was more then a fluke…. But my cynicism says it’s also could be a Combination of a smaller sample size (12 games/9 starts/680 snaps…. Basically 75% of a season) with significantly improved play due to being in a system that suited him and a good defense.  It wasn’t just 5 Poorly Thrown balls that ended up hitting him in the hands/between the numbers. But, it also is a major question of if he can substain the level of play long term.  

His completion percentage allowed dropped from 63.7% in ‘20, 56.9% in ‘19, 69.7% in ‘18 all the way down to 50% this year.  50% is a pretty low percentage.  To compare the last 2 years… JC Jackson 49.1/59.0; Jalen Ramsey 59.2/50.7.   He also only gave up 29.25yds/Game versus last years 55.9.  

Then there’s also lots of issues that can’t really be pinpointed.  I’m just throwing it out there without Anything to back it Up… but…. He was usually the #2 CB in the past and thus QBs targeted him more often because he was the easier completion.  His targets went down from 7 last year to 5.33 this year.  

you’d really have to study the all22 / coaches tape to get a better handle on it. I wouldn’t be willing to pay him a long term deal but I think he did enough to Warrant CB2 level money on a 1yr prove it deal moreso for GB than anyone.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Great the nfl is becoming the NBA… ugh

I don't believe it.. Maybe for Fuller but not Arob. You mean to tell me Arob would take alot less money to play for the Saints, Panthers and less targets if Watson goes there? doubt it. maybe Fuller because he coming off supension, down year, and teams not offering him much. I think AROB is holding out for 20m or above type of deal. I could see teams holding back on paying him after he was so bad last year. He probably wants to get paid more than Mike Williams, but MW had loyalty from his team and coming off a good year. 

only free agents I'll spend a nice amount on: 

WR: Allen Robinson 

T: Morgan Moses 

DT: Akeim Hicks, Calais Campbell, Eddie Goldman (all short term)

MLB: Bobby Wagner (short term)

Edge: Von Miller (short term)

CB: Gillmore (short term), Donte Jackson

S: HoneyBadger

Edited by Humble_Beast

39 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't believe it.. Maybe for Fuller but not Arob. You mean to tell me Arob would take alot less money to play for the Saints, Panthers and less targets if Watson goes there? doubt it. maybe Fuller because he coming off supension, down year, and teams not offering him much. I think AROB is holding out for 20m or above type of deal. I could see teams holding back on paying him after he was so bad last year. He probably wants to get paid more than Mike Williams, but MW had loyalty from his team and coming off a good year. 

I don’t necessarily believe the rumor either…. I was just making a joke and pissing on the NBA a bit.

These Watson rumors are getting dumb. Yesterday every source and their mama said he narrowed it down to the Saints and Panthers. Now every source today says Saints, Panthers, Falcons, and Browns. 

These writers need to stfu already and let it play out.