2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Now THIS in particular is a valid point

That's all I'm saying. Everyone here is acting like the FO sucks because they didn't offer more than the team that signed X player. As if 31 other teams couldn't make the same claim. 

Everyone here is acting like it's damn cattle auction in Fort Worth, Texas. 

These are human beings, making emotional decisions. You can't answer what motivates them. Could be location, family, friend or college teammate on their new team, talent on their new team, former coach now with a new team, etc. 

There are so many factors that go into this. But we have knuckleheads here saying the FO sucks after 2 days. Embarrassing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

That's all I'm saying. Everyone here is acting like the FO sucks because they didn't offer more than the team that signed X player. As if 31 other teams couldn't make the same claim. 

These are human beings, making emotional decisions. You can't answer what motivates them. Could be location, family, friend or college teammate on their new team, talent on their new team, former coach now with a new team, etc. 

There are so many factors that go into this. But we have knuckleheads here saying the FO sucks after 2 days. Embarrassing. 

All facts - this is worse than a game day thread 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Leave it to BP to come thru clutch with the whole holier than thou routine. I never said I know what’s going on behind the scenes. Missed out, yea, as in they aren’t on the Raiders. Vets up and leave all the time, I don’t know what you’re getting at. This a message board built to speculate and discuss football, none of us know what’s going on behind the scenes so what are we even doing here? also to your last post, “act like professionals”, wtf does that even mean. Were fans lmao

🎯🎯🎯

Nothing worse than hypocritically toxic optimism. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Leave it to BP to come thru clutch with the whole holier than thou routine. I never said I know what’s going on behind the scenes. Missed out, yea, as in they aren’t on the Raiders. Vets up and leave all the time, I don’t know what you’re getting at. This a message board built to speculate and discuss football, none of us know what’s going on behind the scenes so what are we even doing here? also to your last post, “act like professionals”, wtf does that even mean. Were fans lmao

You have "fans" in here crying over the front office. Guys on twitter changing profile pics to Ziegler as a clown. It's been 2 days into FA. Even for Raider fans, that's pathetic. 

I'm getting at, just because a guy is a FA does not mean you can just sign them. They have a choice and reasoning for where they go.

Anyway, carry on.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That to annoy me last year but I guess it was OK to say that before because it was Gruden and Mayock so we’re sure that nobody was going to pick them over the team they signed with right?

For me the overall point is you never know why someone made the choice they did design with whoever they signed with(outside of the obvious reason of how much they were signed for). 

if we were to trade for Adams, what would we be comfortable paying him and Carr in a year?
Combined 55mil? I think thats what Mahommes Tyreek will make this upcoming season
Tannenhill and Julio around 53
Kirk and Thielen 48m

Obviously I understand they both will be looking for more, and their total contracts will be different. But each year i wouldnt want more than 55mil tops between the two

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

if we were to trade for Adams, what would we be comfortable paying him and Carr in a year?
Combined 55mil? I think thats what Mahommes Tyreek will make this upcoming season
Kirk and Thielen 48m

Obviously I understand they both will be looking for more, and their total contracts will be different. But each year i wouldnt want more than 55mil tops between the two

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Kirk and Thielen 48m

The rumor is that Adams turned down 23 million per year and Carr’s floor is apparently 35 million per year. If we trade for Adams and sign back Carr we’re looking at 60 million between QB 1 and WR1. Along with Maxx, almost half the cap would be locked up with 3 players 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That to annoy me last year but I guess it was OK to say that before because it was Gruden and Mayock so we’re sure that nobody was going to pick them over the team they signed with right?

For me the overall point is you never know why someone made the choice they did design with whoever they signed with(outside of the obvious reason of how much they were signed for). 

It's a double-edged sword though. 

We have some cap space, we have several needs, we've signed virtually nobody and the market is eventually going to dry up. These are facts. 

Gotta remember, a lot of the same people preaching patience also did the same back in 2017/2018 when the narrative was "We'll be moved to Vegas and FAs will naturally come, so we make these cuts and moves now and be Superbowl contenders by 2022/2023". Except it's now 2022 and nobody in their right mind has us as a legitimate Superbowl contender, the roster is still marginal at best, and the FA boom never actually happened, we made a justifiably questionable decision in hiring a retread HC from a system where failures are plentiful and had his own personal faux pas (Denver/Indy) and a noob GM with very little in terms of FO decision making, questionable exposure to successful drafts in terms of our needs (OL/WR come to mind as oof's for New England), and FA signings that were hardly ever really splash signings. 

Like, not to be overkill, but New England's drafts typically suck lol. They don't have an overly impressive roster that Belichik has managed to keep afloat. McDaniels' drafts sucked in Denver too, which Zeigler had a big part in - Thomas and Decker being the lone exceptions, the first of whom only truly flourished when Peyton Manning came in and wrecked shop, the second of whom flourished with Manning before leaving and falling off the map rather quickly.

Point is, it's perfectly fair and reasonable to question and/or criticize the job these guys do when they haven't earned the right of blind faith yet, given their pasts. And given what has actually transpired, it's fair to wonder.

Have we made offers? 

Have guys even spoken to Zeigler and McDaniels long enough for an offer to be made or are agents and players so wary of them they're not even picking up the phone?

Are we low-balling guys "the Patriot way"? 

Given that neither the HC or GM has ever overseen what would even be considered a "good" FA period or draft, are we sure that they have any clue what they're doing or did they build their resumes courtesy of the greatest HC/GM and QB to ever grace the NFL? 

As most of the worthwhile FAs at positions of need have signed elsewhere and we've actually managed to lose precious depth at those positions in the meantime..... it's beyond fair to grumble and question things. And a lot of people just think that not grumbling and being eternally optimistic are the only way to go....on a football fan message board. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The rumor is that Adams turned down 23 million per year and Carr’s floor is apparently 35 million per year. If we trade for Adams and sign back Carr we’re looking at 60 million between QB 1 and WR1. Along with Maxx, almost half the cap would be locked up with 3 players 

Yeah It will be tough. Obviously, Carr wants to play with Adams, and *Rumored* Adams wants to play here. 
There has to be some give on their part if they want to make it happen. 
Im not saying they need to give us a huge discount, but maybe fully Guaranteed 3 years contract to keep it a little lower.

To make them the highest paid combo is what id try to play it up as. 
Realistically if Adams wants to be the highest paid, and he has every right to want that, we probably cant afford him