Divisional Round: Rams @ Buccaneers

MDY10

Here we go!! The divisional round!! I’ve been feeling pretty good about this one all week. Obviously this is not week 3. Both teams are different than that game but I believe the Rams can win this again. My biggest worry is the Rams Oline. If Stafford can stay clean then hopefully he can play another clean game with no turnovers. Defensively I think Jalen SHOULD be on Evans and if he can take him out, I fully expect the Bucs offense to struggle. I’m betting Tampa tries to get the run game going in this one. 

Prediction:

Bucs:20
Rams:30

So I was talking to my friend earlier about this game and I realize that the Rams should feel disrespected. I think the Bills should feel disrespected too. The Rams are the one that has beaten the Bucs twice over the past two seasons and done it convincingly. Yes the score didnt tell the entire story of just how dominant the Rams were but they were dominant. The Rams have the healthier team and the advantages where it matters the most which is in the trenches. If you ask me which QB will be under duress more? Im saying it will be Brady. Not saying Stafford wont be pressured bc the loss of Whitworth is big but I think Noteboom will do a more than solid job. Brady having a hurt Jensen and Wirfs impacts him more. So if Brady is uncomfortable throughout the game then that will be advantage Rams. If its advantage Rams bc Brady wont be as effective if not effective at all then the Rams should win this game. Yet people are just lazy picking the Bucs bc Brady is on the team. 

Its almost the comparison to the Lakers last season in the playoffs. The Suns were the better team and they were the healthier team yet so many people were just blindly saying as long as the Lakers have LeBron they would win. The Suns wiped them off the court. The are two paths to the Bucs winning this game and its 1) they finally run the ball great. They had little to no success against the Rams running the ball these past two meetings. They average 2.5ypc combined in both meetings and the last meeting Brady was the leading rusher for the Bucs. Thats not good. So if the Bucs can run the ball well they have a great chance to win. 2) If Stafford has a complete meltdown. By that I mean he throws 2ints, maybe one being a pick 6, and he fumbles and get sacked like 4+ times and hit constantly which forces him to be inaccurate all game long. That could very well happen but I do think the Rams matchup well against the Bucs. The Bucs had last season and this season on defense to do things differently against the Rams and they couldnt. I dont think things will be much different. Yes the playoff pressure will make things different but the Rams got a vet in Stafford who will be poise bc he know everyone is doubting him. He knows the second he comes up short everyone will be out for blood. Not saying he is going to have the same type of game he had against the Bucs in Week 3 but I do think he will make the throws that he has to make in key situations and yes he might turn the ball over once but he isnt going to put the team in terrible situations to let Brady capitalize constantly. The Rams are going to make Brady and the Bucs work for every point they get. If the Bucs win its going to be bc they earned it and not bc Stafford and the Rams gave the game away by making mistake after mistake after mistake.

So again I think the Rams will win this game. Its going to be a good game so it wouldnt shock me if the Bucs did win but again my eye test says the Bucs are too banged up especially in key areas and the Rams should be able to take advantage of it. Its not going to be as simple as the Bucs got Brady and I dont trust Stafford enough for me to pick the Bucs. If the Bucs win its going to be their backups on the OL have to play the games of their life against future HOF'ers in Donald and Miller and an pro bowler in Floyd. Their backup receivers are going to have to step up bc Evans and Ramsey are going to cancel each other out. If that happens then again the Bucs would earn the victory but I think the Rams will come out from the jump playing inspired football and I think they win the game and head to the NFCCG. 

Well, we have the banged up Bucs and the niners at home (who we should've been able to beat twice last time) standing between us and the superbowl. 

Things just got a whole lot more real, but Brady has killed all of my hopes and dreams before. Our road is set. Let's get this done!

Edited by JonStark
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Well, we have the banged up Bucs and the niners at home (who we should've been able to beat twice last time) standing between us and the superbowl. 

Things just got a whole lot more real, but Brady has killed all of my hopes and dreams before. Our road is set. Let's get this done!

I totally agree. Never counting out Brady especially at home in the playoffs but this game has the Rams advantage in alot of areas especially key areas. If the Rams get by the Bucs, which Im nervous now bc two road teams won today so Im expecting both home teams to win tomorrow, but IF the Rams do beat the Bucs then the Niners are still the thorn in the Rams side. Im not picking the Rams to beat the Niners as Ive said many times before until I actually see them do it BUT to a man the Rams in that locker room know they blew that game in Week 18. I said its blessing in disguise bc had the Niners not gotten in the Rams would be more than likely going to Green Bay in that bad weather if they get by the divisional round. Now if they get by the divisional round they will be hosting the NFCCG. The Rams fans need to rock that stadium like they did against the Cards. If the Rams can finally beat the Niners for the right to get to the Superbowl then nobody will remember the six straight losses the Rams suffered to the Niners. So the Rams are on the clock to get this done tomorrow so they can host the NFCCG against the thorn on their side that honestly hardly anyone will be picking the Rams to win just bc the Niners own them plus the Niners are the hot team right now. So that means the pressure will be all on them and thats where I like it. I like the pressure to be on Brady tomorrow bc so many people expect him to do what he normally does and if the Rams win the pressure is going to be on the Niners bc they own the Rams and they are the hottest team in the NFL. So lets go Rams!

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Good luck fellas. 

We are game for round 3 if you are

Im nervous bc I didnt think both road teams would win today. That means I can easily see both home teams winning tomorrow. If the Rams can get by the Bucs tomorrow its only fitting the best division in football will have the NFCCG as the spotlight for the right to go to the Superbowl and the game will be played in Sofi the scene of the Rams having a 17pt lead and blowing it that allowed the Niners to get into the playoffs to begin with. So its definitely going to be something for us Rams fans tomorrow and possibly, maybe, hopefully, next week lol.

I know it's far from a gimme, but I feel pretty good about our chances of making the super bowl now with the packers out.

We should be able to beat the Bucs because we already did this year and their O-line and WRs are banged up. Brady is clutch in the playoffs, but our whole team looked keyed in last week and we just need them to do the same again and we should be OK.

My biggest concern is a big part of our success against Arizona was being able to run the ball effectively from the beginning. This took pressure off Stafford, helped him avoid mistakes, and he didn't have to throw the ball much. However, the Bucs have a great run D and Whitworth is hurt, so running the ball will be much harder in this game.

• Like 1

I haven’t been nervous all week. I woke up today and I’m so nervous 😂 what a game this is going to be. 

2 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

brady will ataack reeder and our safties all day.
we need stafford and a good ol today.
i don't think we win this. after every good game this team lets us down.

This is one of the main reasons I’m nervous. Reeder and the safeties. We’re about to see if burgess can step up again and see if weddle was a good decision. It felt like Arizona didn’t challenge those guys at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

Well we all see Stafford turning the ball at the end of season so...it's an esay answer.

But whoever advance tonight, won't make it against the Niners. They have defense + luck, you can't beat that. 

Why bring so much negative energy ?? Damn man. Might as well be a fan of someone else. They might make you happier 

13 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I haven’t been nervous all week. I woke up today and I’m so nervous 😂 what a game this is going to be. 

This is one of the main reasons I’m nervous. Reeder and the safeties. We’re about to see if burgess can step up again and see if weddle was a good decision. It felt like Arizona didn’t challenge those guys at all. 

I’m nervous too especially both road teams winning yesterday. What are the odds three road teams win in this round? 

Im just banking on the fact that the Rams have the huge advantage in the trenches and Nickovich said this game reminds him of 2015 when the Pats played the Broncos and the Pats OL was banged up going up against Von and the Broncos pass rush. They hit Brady 19x in that game and won. So I’m banking that happening to Brady with the Rams pass rush and that will determine the outcome of the game. The Bucs can win if the running game is great, the Rams can’t tackle the short passing game, and Stafford completely have a meltdown.

I trust Stafford not to completely meltdown, the Rams need to tackle well and stop the run though. I think they will be up for the task to do so. I’m nervous though but not negative like I’m seeing some on this forum being. It’s one thing to say the Bucs are going to win but to say every negative thing in the book about the Rams to make it seem like they have no shot or not even belong this far is insane. 

• Like 1