Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

15 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m labeled as a Rodgers apologist who thinks he can do no wrong. 

and I think that that’s not accurate. I keep saying he didn’t do enough to win in the big moments. I keep saying he’s a weird dude who I probably  wouldn’t like in real life. I’m fact , I think most people defending Rodgers think the same way. 

but I’m still labeled that . 

Instead of some posters just owning that 12 didn’t play (well) up to his standard, excuses immediately got thrown around about who else’s fault it was. Nobody else was dismissing how awful the ST play was.  Nobody else was making excuses for MLF. And yet so many ppl were and still are making excuses for 12.  That’s the inconsistency.  

3 minutes ago, BAM said:

Which is why inane labels do nothing to promote honest evaluation and discussion. Like most I suspect, I am neither a Rodgers worshiper or hater. However, some of the loudest most adamant posters speak with such certainty that it creates this false impression that everyone lines up as one or the other 

Amen. The so called Rodgers "haters" would happily have him play here for free, and the Rodgers "apologists" would pass if his contract was high enough, or trade offer high enough.

All I'm saying is that if I'm Gute, I'm publicly saying "We really want Rodgers back", but privately I'm saying "We really want Rodgers back, but our offer went from $35m/year to $30m/year"

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Instead of some posters just owning that 12 didn’t play (well) up to his standard, excuses immediately got thrown around about who else’s fault it was. Nobody else was dismissing how awful the ST play was.  Nobody else was making excuses for MLF. And yet so many ppl were and still are making excuses for 12.  That’s the inconsistency.  

This type communication forum leads to these all or nothing understandings of others arguments.

I don't think you could find anyone who thinks Rodgers played anywhere close to the standard expected.   He simply was a problem on Saturday with the blinders he had on.

I also don't think many people would state the special teams play was anything but completely unacceptable.

The one who seems to have received somewhat of a pass in this failure is MLF.    He was every bit the failure Saturday night that any of the other problems mentioned.   They switched around the offensive line in a baffling manner.   It simply made zero sense to play the OT they did, and where they did.

The disagreements on this forum are really focused on where the individual wants to focus their anger.   There isn't a wrong answer here.   It was an organizational failure from a coaching, offense, and ST standpoint.  It took all of these failures to end in a loss to a team they clearly should have been able to beat.  If any 1 of these areas improves from really bad to simply below average level of play they walk out of it with a win. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

This type communication forum leads to these all or nothing understandings of others arguments.

I don't think you could find anyone who thinks Rodgers played anywhere close to the standard expected.   He simply was a problem on Saturday with the blinders he had on.

I also don't think many people would state the special teams play was anything but completely unacceptable.

The one who seems to have received somewhat of a pass in this failure is MLF.    He was every bit the failure Saturday night that any of the other problems mentioned.   They switched around the offensive line in a baffling manner.   It simply made zero sense to play the OT they did, and where they did.

The disagreements on this forum are really focused on where the individual wants to focus their anger.   There isn't a wrong answer here.   It was an organizational failure from a coaching, offense, and ST standpoint.  It took all of these failures to end in a loss to a team they clearly should have been able to beat.  If any 1 of these areas improves from really bad to simply below average level of play they walk out of it with a win. 

What was confusing about the OTs? "Play your best guy at LT." is the default operating procedure by NFL teams.

LaFleur wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it's hard to say what issue with the offense was on him. Did he abandon the run or did Rodgers decide he wanted a hero moment? Were the concepts sub optimal, or did the support crew make an occasional bad read and Adams freelancing some of his option routes come back to bite us?

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What was confusing about the OTs? "Play your best guy at LT." is the default operating procedure by NFL teams.

Is Turner / Kelly better than Nijman / Turner? Genuinely asking, I have no idea. Seems weird to line up a brand new OL combination when the one we’ve been playing for a good chunk of the season was available, no?

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

LaFleur wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it's hard to say what issue with the offense was on him. Did he abandon the run or did Rodgers decide he wanted a hero moment? Were the concepts sub optimal, or did the support crew make an occasional bad read and Adams freelancing some of his option routes come back to bite us?

Why would you put the LT in a position he hasn't played all year, and failed at in last years playoff loss?

Why would you do the above to get Kelly on the field who doesn't have the movement skills required to deal with that OL.   Nighman should have been at left tackle where he played all year.   Turner should have been at RT where he started every game when healthy.    

MLF is the head coach, and came with an offensive background.   We all know you are going to blame every shortcoming on Rodgers, but the head coach should have some control of the situation.  If he has no input into the offensive strategy, play calling etc then we have a bigger problem.    If it plays out exactly as you say, then we need a new head coach.   No input on the offense, defense, and the ST failure put out there all year.

The solution isn't as simple as blaming it all on Rodgers, and getting rid of him fixes everything.  While Rodgers obviously played a poor game on Saturday, he had a lot of help from the head coach, the Ol, and special teams.   Focusing all of the energy on 1 gives the others a pass.

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why didn't Turner play left tackle and Kelly play right tackle after Jenkins went out with injury?   If your thought makes sense, then the time to play that configuration was in the regular season, not in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Why didn't Turner play left tackle and Kelly play right tackle after Jenkins went out with injury?   If your thought makes sense, then the time to play that configuration was in the regular season, not in the playoffs.

At the time Kelly wasn't 100%, Nijman was, and Nijman didn't have any reps at RT, so between that and not wanting to mix the line with the young interior, you ended up with Turner staying at RT.

Turner played pretty darn well at LT in that game. Kelly vs Bosa was the matchup. But Bosa ate Nijman's lunch at LT too.

There's no lineup here that couldn't be questioned, even if Bakhtiari was healthy. 

25 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Why would you put the LT in a position he hasn't played all year, and failed at in last years playoff loss?

Why would you do the above to get Kelly on the field who doesn't have the movement skills required to deal with that OL.   Nighman should have been at left tackle where he played all year.   Turner should have been at RT where he started every game when healthy.    

MLF is the head coach, and came with an offensive background.   We all know you are going to blame every shortcoming on Rodgers, but the head coach should have some control of the situation.  If he has no input into the offensive strategy, play calling etc then we have a bigger problem.    If it plays out exactly as you say, then we need a new head coach.   No input on the offense, defense, and the ST failure put out there all year.

The solution isn't as simple as blaming it all on Rodgers, and getting rid of him fixes everything.  While Rodgers obviously played a poor game on Saturday, he had a lot of help from the head coach, the Ol, and special teams.   Focusing all of the energy on 1 gives the others a pass.

Probably because Nijman is a great athlete who can move with absolutely no anchor, and that DL would have eaten him alive?  They aren't a high end speed rush group, it's a bunch of length/strength freaks who can still move.  I mean if you put Yosh out there there's no world where the 49ers don't just line Bosa up over him every play and have him run a straight line right at Rodgers.  Turner doesn't have the best anchor in the world either but he's better than Yosh and he's got enough experience to know how to play around that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

Probably because Nijman is a great athlete who can move with absolutely no anchor, and that DL would have eaten him alive?  They aren't a high end speed rush group, it's a bunch of length/strength freaks who can still move.  I mean if you put Yosh out there there's no world where the 49ers don't just line Bosa up over him every play and have him run a straight line right at Rodgers.  Turner doesn't have the best anchor in the world either but he's better than Yosh and he's got enough experience to know how to play around that. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.   They ran right around Kelly most of the day.  Yosh is a better athlete.  I think he stood a much better chance of holding up than Kelly did.   If they were going this route it should have been done earlier in the season, not the playoffs.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.   They ran right around Kelly most of the day.  Yosh is a better athlete.  I think he stood a much better chance of holding up than Kelly did.   If they were going this route it should have been done earlier in the season, not the playoffs.

We saw Nijman go against Bosa. He got embarrassed.

15 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Chris Tabor is out there interviewing .. interviewed today with Carolina. Get him in for a chat, LaFleur. 

team-america-team-america-world-police.g

WTF is wrong with you. He's one of the worst ST coaches out there. 😐

You do realise that Mennenga learned his ST coaching at NFL level under Tabor right?

Why would you want that?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

We saw Nijman go against Bosa. He got embarrassed.

Kelly was embarrassed on Saturday as well.   Bosa had 2 sacks on Saturday.   Nijman played SF earlier in the season, and Bosa did not have a sack.  Nijman did have a facemask penalty.  I guess only a young QB gets better with playing time.   Nijman improved significantly from his early season starts to how he was playing late.

It is a stretch to claim that Kelly played better than Nijman, then, or could have now.

Like I said earlier, if this was the lineup they wanted it should have been used in the regular season.   Kelly isn't good enough to be out there in that game.