Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

I didn't see this before but seriously?  Gute assembled one of the better defenses we've seen around here in ages, a pretty stout OL and a solid running game (it was unfortunate Dillon got hurt in this game).  Losing Tonyan really hurt this year.  The only position he dropped the ball was WR depth but AR did have the top WR in the game.  He even dabbled in FA and actually signed pretty decent veterans, something TT was loathe to do.   This was a championship caliber roster but poor play by Rodgers and historically crappy special teams play did us in.

There's been some things which it's kinda hard to tell whether or not it's Gute who should be blamed, or if it's more LaFleur, or if it's both.

Now let me preface by saying I 100% agree on most of what you said.

Gute has done a great job with the defense, and that shouldn't be spoken of lightly, especially after years of seeing that unit struggle.  Hell I would have been perfectly happy if this game had been an ugly 13-3 win by us with the defense being the winners as they would have very much been without our awful special teams screwing it up.

But that doesn't excuse that a lot of his offensive draft picks and even a couple free agent signings have turned out to be disasters.

I'll give him AJ Dillon, great RB that we needed, and MVS for giving the offense a deep threat when he's out there.

But his OL picks outside of Meyers and Jenkins have looked bad, his WRs like Jimon Moore, already gone, and ESB have been raddy.  And don't even get me started on what an awful signing Jimmy Graham was, or the fact that Sternberger has already washed out and Deguara, good lord he can't be kicked outta here soon enough.  He also wouldn't have brought Cobb back without Rodgers requesting it, and .... well we had better hope Amari Rodgers turns into something special or there goes another one.

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

But his OL picks outside of Meyers and Jenkins have looked bad, his WRs like Jimon Moore, already gone, and ESB have been raddy.  And don't even get me started on what an awful signing Jimmy Graham was, or the fact that Sternberger has already washed out and Deguara, good lord he can't be kicked outta here soon enough.  He also wouldn't have brought Cobb back without Rodgers requesting it, and .... well we had better hope Amari Rodgers turns into something special or there goes another one.

Runyan is bad?

Newman is bad?

Nijman is a bad UDFA acquisition?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

There's been some things which it's kinda hard to tell whether or not it's Gute who should be blamed, or if it's more LaFleur, or if it's both.

Now let me preface by saying I 100% agree on most of what you said.

Gute has done a great job with the defense, and that shouldn't be spoken of lightly, especially after years of seeing that unit struggle.  Hell I would have been perfectly happy if this game had been an ugly 13-3 win by us with the defense being the winners as they would have very much been without our awful special teams screwing it up.

But that doesn't excuse that a lot of his offensive draft picks and even a couple free agent signings have turned out to be disasters.

I'll give him AJ Dillon, great RB that we needed, and MVS for giving the offense a deep threat when he's out there.

So basically you're just mad that every draft pick isn't a quality starter?

• Like 5