Are the Chiefs the bad guys?

notthatbluestuff

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They were nicknamed the Evil Empire before that, but cool unnecessary jab

I don't really remember that. I remember the Pats being genuinely likable until their celebrations after beating the Chargers in the 2006 playoffs, then Spygate, then Belichick running up the score on teams in the 2007 season. That was the turning point IMO. 

43 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't really remember that. I remember the Pats being genuinely likable until their celebrations after beating the Chargers in the 2006 playoffs, then Spygate, then Belichick running up the score on teams in the 2007 season. That was the turning point IMO. 

Tides were already turning. As this thread proves, it only takes a few years of sustained success with a franchise QB for perceptions to shifts and these questions to be asked. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

He lied to the Chiefs and Andy Reid about what happened. 

Ehh. More like because a video surfaced. I don’t believe for one second he would of been retained if he told the “truth”. If there’s a video of anything, you’re done. Although Chiefs did overreact to the video. You think if there was a video of all the stuff Hill has been accused of, he would be around? He would be banned from the NFL asap if there was a video of either situation (beating his girl #1 before NFL, beating his son #2). 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Tides were already turning. As this thread proves, it only takes a few years of sustained success with a franchise QB for perceptions to shifts and these questions to be asked. 

Agree to disagree. I don't believe success necessarily engenders hate. Rather success + behavior is what people will judge teams on.

For instance, the Spurs won 5 championships with Duncan but did not receive much hate at all. Because of Duncan and the Spurs behavior. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Agree to disagree. I don't believe success necessarily engenders hate. Rather success + behavior is what people will judge teams on.

For instance, the Spurs won 5 championships with Duncan but did not receive much hate at all. Because of Duncan and the Spurs behavior. 

Spurs are more the exception rather than the rule I would say. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 6:53 PM, Nightmare said:

Can’t wait until he retires. I’ve literally never watched an AFC West where there’s not been an elite TE shredding us every game.

Tony Gonzalez straight into Antonio Gates and now Kelce - with some crossover.

Eagerly awaiting Denver drafting some generational TE in the next couple of years.

Yeah he does tend to do well against Oak…LV. I thought our first game though was about as bad as you could play Kelce. He was in the middle of a rough patch (for him)…defence started to realise you can hold and beat the crap out of him at the line

You gave him an easy ride that game and he went off. He’s a slippery and awkward player to cover, but you definitely can knock him around and the refs seems to allow it 

17 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

The hate stems from resentment that their team is inferior, and it's an understandable feeling. I'm a Bills fan, but I really don't have any resentment toward them for a few reasons:

1) Mahomes seems like a great dude. He and Allen seem to have a ton of respect for each other.

2) Chiefs fans in general have been really cool after this loss- and givING mad props to Allen. 

3) Just reading that Chiefs fans have been donating money to a children's hospital.

So, I like the Chiefs, and the rivalry that's brewing between the teams. 

Admirable.

if you had beat us (which when Allen threw the TD leaving us 13 seconds, in my mind, we had just lost), I would have had 10 mins of shaking my head, feeling numb and empty - but after that, it would be realization that it just took something very special to beat us, and i take solace in that. 

If our games are like this for the next 5 years or so….hooooooh boy! Will be fun, but I’ll need a defibrillator 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ehh. More like because a video surfaced. I don’t believe for one second he would of been retained if he told the “truth”. If there’s a video of anything, you’re done. Although Chiefs did overreact to the video. You think if there was a video of all the stuff Hill has been accused of, he would be around? He would be banned from the NFL asap if there was a video of either situation (beating his girl #1 before NFL, beating his son #2). 

Hunt lied and once the video came out Reid saw it was a lie. Even you admit it was an overreaction, normally Reid lets things play out before he makes a decision.

Weird that Tyreek beats his child but retains custody of him. Looks like you dont have your facts straight at all.

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It probably looks like the Chiefs overreacted to the video,   I just don't think they liked Hunt's story didn't align with the video.       I try to steer clear of Tyreek conversations,  most people's minds are already made up about Tyreek because of situation #1.   

On 1/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, AngusMcFife said:

Spurs got a lot of hate for being boring and slow-paced, but the only guy people didn't like personally on those teams was Tony Parker for a little bit. Plus, a lot of people (or maybe just me lol) thought the media's adoration of the Spurs "team-basketball" and "fundamentals" occasionally slipped into "they play the White way!!" passive aggression like they always do with Larry Bird.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

On 1/25/2022 at 1:48 PM, BayRaider said:

You think if there was a video of all the stuff Hill has been accused of, he would be around? He would be banned from the NFL asap if there was a video of either situation (beating his girl #1 before NFL, beating his son #2). 

Since it's cool to bash, let's also educate:

Did you know, as of 2016, that 97% of people don’t see trial and instead accept plea bargains? This is to avoid potential longer sentences, fines, and/or they can't afford lawyer fees; even if they did not commit a crime.

Tyreek's ex lied about events, as evidence showed publicly and privately, and she is reported to have Munchausen Syndrome.

In a divorce, men are granted custody 18.3% of the time -- which this isn't but you get the idea, it's rare.

The courts gave Tyreek custody of his children.