Are the Chiefs the bad guys?

notthatbluestuff

I asked this question last year and the response was largely that they hadn't spent enough time at the top. Another year, yet another home AFC Championship game, another foiling of a different exciting contender. Now they stand in the way of a fresh-faced Bengals team as that seemingly insurmountable wall like the Patriots of old. What's more, I recall people being strangely happy when the Chiefs were struggling in October. 

Have the Chiefs lived long enough to see themselves become the villains? 

They are villains in that they win a lot and nobody wants to see the same team win.

But I don't think they are hated like some villains are.  Like I'd say Brady/Belichick Pats were legitimately hated, or the Durant-Warriors.  Mahomes and Reid are just too likable.  Doesn't hurt that they are probably the most exciting team in the NFL every year.

• Like 5

I would guess that much of the country wanted the Bills to win tonight, including myself.  The Chiefs aren't villains at all though.  Patrick Mahomes is too likable to ever be a villain.

I just want to see a rematch of these two teams.  This game was like watching Ali/Frazier or Hagler/Hearns.  There is just no way one match is enough!

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

They are villains in that they win a lot and nobody wants to see the same team win.

But I don't think they are hated like some villains are.  Like I'd say Brady/Belichick Pats were legitimately hated, or the Durant-Warriors.  Mahomes and Reid are just too likable.  Doesn't hurt that they are probably the most exciting team in the NFL every year.

I can say with confidence, that is NOT the consensus on the internet. Regarding Mahomes, anyway. Not Reid. Everyone does love Reid. But I see stuff all the time about how Mahomes is arrogant or irritating or overhyped. Announcers talk about him too much, he's in too many commercials, he asks for flags too much, gets bailed out too much, etc. Win enough, you'll definitely become disliked enough to be the villain.

• Like 1

I like the Chiefs and Mahomes is the most entertaining NFL player....maybe ever.

They are only "bad guys" insomuch as they are a hugely successful team, and those teams eventually start to annoy many due to jealousy, resentment, or just wanting to see more parity.   But what are the Chiefs supposed to do?   Just kindly step aside and let another team have the glory?

renews cbs GIF

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'm a big Mahomes fan but from what I've seen, public opinion has been turning on him in the last couple of years. 

Tired of seeing them in every afc championship for sure. Definitely don't hate them, but chiefs fans are certainly annoying and make it really hard to like their team. The superbowl would just be so much better if the Bengals represent the afc. Burrow is just as fun to watch.

Edited by Pandrew87

I don’t have anything against anyone else but I’m not sure how anyone can root for Tyreek Hill. 

I don’t dislike Mahomes. Weird dude and weird family but most NFL guys and star QBs are divas so I’m not going to hold that against him. Hill though, wish him no good in life.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t have anything against anyone else but I’m not sure how anyone can root for Tyreek Hill. 

I don’t dislike Mahomes. Weird dude and weird family but most NFL guys and star QBs are divas so I’m not going to hold that against him. Hill though, wish him no good in life.

Why is he and his family weird? lol not heard that one before

he looks and sounds weird, is that it?