FA 2022

ravishingone

They have to cut Pinion, paying.  He has a cap hit of 2.9 million, I mean come on.  Is he related to Licht or BA? They need cap space- gain cap space.  Pretty sure that is almost all the space needed for the draft class.

tenor.gif

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

They have to cut Pinion, paying.  He has a cap hit of 2.9 million, I mean come on.  Is he related to Licht or BA? They need cap space- gain cap space.  Pretty sure that is almost all the space needed for the draft class.

tenor.gif

Not to mention he sucks 

Sheesh

He must have his fingers in thr right places 😆 

imo he should have been gone last year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

They make **** up. This could be true. But I wouldn't trust that account as any actual source.

Oh not saying I do, but if the Bucs aren’t trading for him or picking up his current contract, what if he came in on a smaller deal to be the backup? Learn a year under BA and Brady? Honestly I’d be all for that. 

3 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Oh not saying I do, but if the Bucs aren’t trading for him or picking up his current contract, what if he came in on a smaller deal to be the backup? Learn a year under BA and Brady? Honestly I’d be all for that. 

It's tough to figure out what kind of contract he'd demand on the market. I can't imagine it'd be that small. But who knows?

Would he even wanna go somewhere he KNOWS he'll be the backup? I'd imagine he'd expect to get a chance to start wherever he signs.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's tough to figure out what kind of contract he'd demand on the market. I can't imagine it'd be that small. But who knows?

Would he even wanna go somewhere he KNOWS he'll be the backup? I'd imagine he'd expect to get a chance to start wherever he signs.

Not sure that he takes the Jameis Winston route but...Winston's first contract out of Tampa was only 1.1 million. If Mayfield wanted to see it as a year to learn and know that he will become starter in a year or so, why not.  Outside of Seattle and NYG, who is really in the market for a QB that they don't already think is on the roster or a record of building the position through the draft.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

if Baker becomes a free agent - i feel like Pittsburgh is going to the be immediate favorite along with Carolina. Theres no trade for him bc Cleveland is asking for a 1st/2nd round pick after they signed both Watson and Brissett to be the backup lol. Cleveland literally has ZERO leverage in talks for Baker at $20mm on a 1 year contract. They're going to have to cut him or eat a good chunk of his salary to get a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

I'd be fine with Baker but not as a backup. And with so many QB needy teams, it wouldn't make sense for him to take a backup role. But the red flag to me is the Browns gave up their future for Watson instead of just keeping the picks and Baker. And said they wanted a "grown up" QB. Granted, it was a horrible decision to give up that much for Watson in my opinion. He's immature AF as well. 

I just wonder how Baker is behind the scenes though. Minus how horrible he looked in games sometimes this year.