Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

I just realized that I just hit 1000 posts. It only took me 15 years of lurking (back before Grrr and Jack became moderators). I know I'm still in the infant stages of my FF career compared to most of you but a milestone for me none the less (I don't post much on any platform period). 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I just realized that I just hit 1000 posts. It only took me 15 years of lurking (back before Grrr and Jack became moderators). I know I'm still in the infant stages of my FF career compared to most of you but a milestone for me none the less (I don't post much on any platform period). 

creeper-certified-creeper.gif

Jk. I wish I found the forums sooner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sugashane said:

creeper-certified-creeper.gif

Jk. I wish I found the forums sooner. 

LMAO. I don't think I posted at all on the old forum although I did find it to be very informative and often times entertaining. What I really like about this forum (in particular the Bears forum) is that everyone brings something to the table here. We don't always agree but for the most part (not all the time) people here are respectful enough even in disagreement. That being said, if you are sensitive things can get ugly at times. Overall, I think this is a great group of guys just chewin' the fat. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

LMAO. I don't think I posted at all on the old forum although I did find it to be very informative and often times entertaining. What I really like about this forum (in particular the Bears forum) is that everyone brings something to the table here. We don't always agree but for the most part (not all the time) people here are respectful enough even in disagreement. That being said, if you are sensitive things can get ugly at times. Overall, I think this is a great group of guys just chewin' the fat. 

Bear down

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I miss @GRRLachergreat guy, even greater username.  I remember he posted once right after the Cubs won the World Series.  Then, as mysteriously as he arrived, he disappeared never to be heard from again.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I miss @GRRLachergreat guy, even greater username.  I remember he posted once right after the Cubs won the World Series.  Then, as mysteriously as he arrived, he disappeared never to be heard from again.  

GRR is good people for sure. Modding in the old forum with him was a frickin’ blast too. 

• Like 2

I have one credit card that only has a $300 limit that I carry with me, the higher ones stay at home. Well the cheap card got lost and I didn't know it and someone just tried to spend $240 at Dollar Tree. Just got a notification about it so I called and got it disputed. 

But seeiously... The hell are you getting there to come to $240? There's only so many 3 liter sodas and generic poptarts you can carry. Lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I have one credit card that only has a $300 limit that I carry with me, the higher ones stay at home. Well the cheap card got lost and I didn't know it and someone just tried to spend $240 at Dollar Tree. Just got a notification about it so I called and got it disputed. 

But seeiously... The hell are you getting there to come to $240? There's only so many 3 liter sodas and generic poptarts you can carry. Lol

Lucky.  I had a card go missing once.  I woke up the next morning to like $11,000 in fraudulent charges.  Took a few months, but got my bank to refund my money.

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Lucky.  I had a card go missing once.  I woke up the next morning to like $11,000 in fraudulent charges.  Took a few months, but got my bank to refund my money.

Ugh. Thats the exact reason I have the low limit card still and that is my everyday carry card. Damages are way more minimal if they do hold anything against me.

12 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I think credit cards should have a two factor authentication for purchases or expenditures over a set amount in a short period of time.  Solve a lot of those issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I think credit cards should have a two factor authentication for purchases or expenditures over a set amount in a short period of time.  Solve a lot of those issues.

With my bank it does over a certain amount and also if I’m out of the country. It has helped a good amount of times and also been a pain sometimes like when I’m trying to use my card out of country. 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

How many Pace drafted players are going to be on roster in 2023? 

I would have to look, but number is not a good resume piece for Pace.  

That was one of my arguments recently against Pace. If he is so good at drafting why are so few of the guys good enough - in his own eyes - to re-sign to a second contract? Floyd and Kwit were let go in favor of Papa Trevathan, White (injury derailed, maybe unfair), Tru, Shaheen, Miller, Bullard, etc. 

Outside of Smith his best players ALL came from other teams. Goldman was overrated, EJax has dropped dramatically, Monty is good but not great, Mooney is a great value for the pick slot but is still a 2 at best, etc. 

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

With my bank it does over a certain amount and also if I’m out of the country. It has helped a good amount of times and also been a pain sometimes like when I’m trying to use my card out of country. 

I have a $600 daily spending limit for my bank. If I need to spend more than that I'll call and take the 3 minutes to boost it for the day. Those horror stories like @beardown3231 mentioned freak me thr hell out. 

For anyone thinking of having kids who already hasn't resigned themselves to the constant flux of wtf it brings. 

My house has a flu being passed around, me and my oldest daughter never got it, my son had it for 48 hours, and my wife and youngest daughter are playing hot potato with it. 

My 4 year old asks for 'honey tea' so I start to make it, and in the kitchen she let's out the biggest fart I've ever heard her make. Like all women in my wife's family she's WAY over emotional when she doesn't feel well. and breaks down I to hysterical crying then runs away. After finally getting her to pull her face out of the pillow she said she's sad because 'Princesses don't poot.'

After arguing for a while that they did I finally got her to calm down and finish her tea. My wife laughing from the bedroom didn't help. Estrogen, it'll be the death of me guys. 😅

• Like 5