Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

16 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I've had some grays near my temples for 5 years now lol

That just makes you look cool.  Reed Richards, Nick Fury, Dr. Strange … old comic versions - not movies.  

So I spent about 10 hours yesterday installing a bathroom fan.

First know that I have zero home improvement skills though I have replaced everything in my house over 19 years, but had to watch a YouTube video each time and each thing took forever to figure out.  If I had to do each one again immediately after it wouldn’t be hard and would get done fast, but figuring it out to do it first time takes me forever.

So I bought a fan that didn’t fit.  I found that out after much work putting it together.  So I would have to cut drywall and try to remove housing to make it work and have to go into attic. Did I mention it was 90 degrees outside.   

Talked to a friend who said buy exact model that was in there before and it is easy.  So was at Ace and saw same brand 1 model number off and thought I would take a chance on it and hope to get lucky.

Well I put it together and it fit, but openings didn’t match plugs and it wouldn’t be secure in ceiling.  

So I sat on hold with company for about 30 minutes and talked to a guy who said they don’t make kind I want anymore.  Original to house and 25+ years old.

So I thought about it and decided I could probably modify it to fit.  I needed to cut the proper opening for plugs and design a way for it to screw into housing that was there to make it secure.  

I have a dremmel rotary took with a metal cutting attachment.  Haven’t used it in a few years so had to reacquaint myself with it.  I started cutting the metal and it was working slowly, but sparks were flying everywhere and burning my arms and legs so I stopped.  Plus it kept raining on and off forcing me to stop. I have to do it outside on patio table as I have no work bench indoors.  Then I thought I am pretty sure they make sheers that cut metal like scissors, that would be easier.  Googled it and found yeah, they are called snips.  

Back to hardware store.  I also needed a screw that fit the screw hole in housing and a way for it provide a ledge to holding housing secure.  Got the snips and a screw, couldn’t bring housing so I had to guess on screw size.

Snips worked great, got the proper hole cut with some measuring and a little trial and error.  Screw was too thick though and thing I was going to use to secure it was too long.   Installed it anyway because it fit snug and was unlikely to fall.  But it didn’t look right. Outside was too loose and you could see housing.  

Need to get it up higher in housing.  Went back to hardware store and got right screw and a piece of metal with little holes in it.  Cut it to proper size with snips.  Took it down and reinstalled it and secured it.   Looks and works great now.  

My whole back is sore today from holding my arms above my head for ten hours.    I also had a giant list of things I was going to do yesterday and installing a bathroom fan was not one of them.   Ah well, if you want to make God laugh tell Him your plan. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, TankWilliams said:

I've had some grays near my temples for 5 years now lol

I turn 40 next month. My beard has some grays. Been shaving my balding head for years but I assume I’d have some there too. 🤷‍♂️

On 6/27/2022 at 11:09 AM, dll2000 said:

Where is everybody?

I was on vacay last week in Myrtle Beach, but there’s nothing happening right now. Any team news other than contract news for the next 4 weeks or so is probably a bad thing lol. 

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I was on vacay last week in Myrtle Beach, but there’s nothing happening right now. Any team news other than contract news for the next 4 weeks or so is probably a bad thing lol. 

This forum is my quick work distraction and while I make and eat breakfast.  Talking to myself here for time being.  

I stopped reading and watching news ages ago so not much else entertainment wise.   Been a great decision.  

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

This forum is my quick work distraction and while I make and eat breakfast.  Talking to myself here for time being.  

I stopped reading and watching news ages ago so not much else entertainment wise.   Been a great decision.  

Definitely. I've gotten more news updates from Facebook than actual news outlets the last few years. Lol. 

Bad part is it always comes through a strawman counterpoint to a meme or just a really emotional hot take so I have to do some research to draw any real conclusions. 

NFLPA is such a weak Union.  

They didn’t like Goodell having total control over player conduct punishments.  So they bargained ‘hard’ for a neutral arbitrator. 

Goodell said okay you can have it.   NFLPA celebrated.  

Fine print is NFL or NFLPA can appeal any decision (to Goodell) and total control goes right back to Goodell who can then lower or extend any punishment made by arbitrator as he sees fit.

What a joke.  

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:56 AM, Sugashane said:

Definitely. I've gotten more news updates from Facebook than actual news outlets the last few years. Lol. 

Bad part is it always comes through a strawman counterpoint to a meme or just a really emotional hot take so I have to do some research to draw any real conclusions. 

Not many people on my Facebook post news or politics.  Only a few. 

On 6/29/2022 at 8:56 AM, Sugashane said:

It’s funny.  When I went to work (at multiple places) and some big news story broke they always had to explain it to me and we’re amazed I didn’t know.  

They were always super angry about whatever it was and were demanding politicians do something about it.   Which they usually did and whatever it was they did to solve it ultimately achieved very little for whatever the problem was.  Often they made it worse in long run.

What they invariably did was gave govt. more power, made life more expensive, increased govt. debt or got young men killed.

• Like 2

Not many people on my Facebook post news or politics.  Only a few. 

A lot of mine do.  A lot delete me for making fun of stupid hot takes. 

It’s funny.  When I went to work (at multiple places) and some big news story broke they always had to explain it to me and we’re amazed I didn’t know.  

They were always super angry about whatever it was and were demanding politicians do something about it.   Which they usually did and whatever it was they did to solve it ultimately achieved very little for whatever the problem was.  Often they made it worse in long run.

What they invariably did was gave govt. more power, made life more expensive, increased govt. debt or got young men killed.

This is the exact reason im so disjointed from politicians and the news. Its insanity to expect much more than disappointment from them. 

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

A lot of mine do.  A lot delete me for making fun of stupid hot takes. 

This is the exact reason im so disjointed from politicians and the news. Its insanity to expect much more than disappointment from them. 

I don't opine on Facebook other than to post a bible verse here or there generally.  Mostly just family pics and business posts.    Too many customers there.

Edited by dll2000