Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

That's always tough and I am sorry to hear that. That being said, it is of my belief that God makes things uncomfortable for you in order to force growth. People don't tend to move forward or progress when they are in a comfortable position. Of course I don't know you and the particular details of your situation so there is still a lot to consider but maybe starting your own firm is exactly what you should be doing. Or maybe there is a better opportunity elsewhere. Just my thoughts.

Already 3 regular clients are committed to staying with me.  And I am getting requests for Wills and Trusts. 

Probably get 2-3 more regulars at least.

Looking like I can make a real go of this.  Should be interesting.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Already 3 regular clients are committed to staying with me.  And I am getting requests for Wills and Trusts. 

Probably get 2-3 more regulars at least.

Looking like I can make a real go of this.  Should be interesting.

Do it bro. You can only be so successful without taking risk. No blood, no glory.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I got laid off this week.  

Sucky feeling.  I didn’t do anything wrong. Opposite.  Firm just made some really bad financial decisions that put them in an impossible bind. 

Good new is I already have job prospects.  But I am thinking strongly of making a go of it on my own and starting my own firm.  Which is also pretty scary.  But I am a little tired of being worried I might be laid off with every recession.

If you are so inclined pray for me and my family.  Thanks.  

Sorry to hear. Best of luck with what comes next, whether you go the solo route or another way. Pulling for you either way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Sucky feeling.  I didn’t do anything wrong. Opposite.  Firm just made some really bad financial decisions that put them in an impossible bind. 

Good new is I already have job prospects.  But I am thinking strongly of making a go of it on my own and starting my own firm.  Which is also pretty scary.  But I am a little tired of being worried I might be laid off with every recession.

Sorry up hear that man. 

I decided to take a job offered in sales. Decided top take a gamble on myself with this. Take some time and weigh your options, it may be time for you to do the same. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Good Luck either way you go. Life will create obstacles but winners never quit. Keep on rollin brother. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, dll2000 said:

I can't tell you how many of my closes mates have found themselves in a similar situation and went on to achieve great things striking out on their own...every one of them found themselves to be far more capable than they ever believed they were working for someone else...I have no doubt you can be the same man whatever you decide to do 👍

• Like 1

Getting a huge out pouring of support.  

99% sure I will have my own firm going by end of month.  Really appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. 

I am nearly too old to keep looking for jobs with other people.  it gets harder and harder.  

Last big recession I got laid off too and it was really hard for me to find anything and I was much younger.   This time around I have a lot more skills and contacts though.  But it kind of gave me a little PTSD as my wife was pregnant at time and doesn’t work.  

So when I first heard I was crazy anxious.  I suspected it may happen for a few weeks so I have been anxious awhile.  I thought it was going to a large pay cut instead though because that is what I was told.  Last time I didn’t tell anyone  I went into a shell and was depressed.  I had a lot of pride and thought because I was so great and smart this couldn’t happen to me and then it did.  Also gives me empathy for others.

But now I am getting plan together it is much better.  I should have clients as early as next month.   Lots of friends are offering to do free marketing and work for me.  

God is good. 

• Like 5

On 6/10/2022 at 9:12 AM, dll2000 said:

Sorry to hear that.  I hope everything works out well for you and your family.  You'll be in my prayers.

• Like 1

In regards to Oline I get the feeling Bears are trying to put an old jigsaw puzzle together, but they are simply missing a piece or two out of box.  

So they are taking pieces that look like they kinda fit and just trying to press down real hard.  

It looks like we are either going to be weak at LT or RG and maybe both absent a late signing.  

Zach Thomas is some technical tweaks away from being able to play guard I think, but it is doable talent wise.  He will definitely have some growing pains early though.  But he has the things you mostly can’t teach - ability, feet, natural aggression, effort and want to.  

People are hyping Braxton Jones and maybe I need to look at more film of him, but I don’t see him being starting caliber in any sense this year from game I did watch.  He does have measurables you want. Stranger things have happened. 

And all this is before injuries which are likely to happen and could domino through whole line.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Getting a huge out pouring of support.  

99% sure I will have my own firm going by end of month.  Really appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. 

I am nearly too old to keep looking for jobs with other people.  it gets harder and harder.  

Last big recession I got laid off too and it was really hard for me to find anything and I was much younger.   This time around I have a lot more skills and contacts though.  But it kind of gave me a little PTSD as my wife was pregnant at time and doesn’t work.  

So when I first heard I was crazy anxious.  I suspected it may happen for a few weeks so I have been anxious awhile.  I thought it was going to a large pay cut instead though because that is what I was told.  Last time I didn’t tell anyone  I went into a shell and was depressed.  I had a lot of pride and thought because I was so great and smart this couldn’t happen to me and then it did.  Also gives me empathy for others.

But now I am getting plan together it is much better.  I should have clients as early as next month.   Lots of friends are offering to do free marketing and work for me.  

God is good. 

Funny story to lighten your mood - My first job out of college in 2008 and I was living at home. I had to commute to University of Chicago from the western suburbs so I was taking a train every day at 5am. I get fired within 3 months and was too prideful to tell my parents. 

So I just dress up and pretend to go on the train but I'm really just sitting in my car and wasting time. I pass out in my car and a cop knocks on my window and says "you can't be sleeping on the side of the road." 

I did this for three months before admitting to my parents I was fired. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Funny story to lighten your mood - My first job out of college in 2008 and I was living at home. I had to commute to University of Chicago from the western suburbs so I was taking a train every day at 5am. I get fired within 3 months and was too prideful to tell my parents. 

So I just dress up and pretend to go on the train but I'm really just sitting in my car and wasting time. I pass out in my car and a cop knocks on my window and says "you can't be sleeping on the side of the road." 

I did this for three months before admitting to my parents I was fired. 

I almost did that last time I got laid off in 2007 or so, I don't remember exactly when, as I didn't want to tell my wife.  I was working for a corporation at time.  Which is what made it so hard to find a job.  No corporations were hiring and I had no law firm experience at time.  But I ended up telling her right away.

I also was doing that reverse commute from western burbs to Chicago at the time.  It sucked.   At that time I briefly thought about just getting up and going to library and hanging out all day and coming home after work time.  

Things are really coming together though and I have tons of experience now.   Just a lot of work to do in a short time to get a set up.  Working on it as we speak.

Hey, if you are in western burbs and are buying or selling a house or need a will or trust shoot me a PM.  Actually any legal need at all.   If I don't do it, I have whole network of people who do.  Financial advise too.  I got those people as well.

Goes for anyone else reading this as well.   

• Like 2

A lot of people are making hay out of Jenkins taking reps on 2nd team.

I think that really is more Bears looking at left tackles other than Jenkins as they don’t really have one.  

They could have kept Jenkins at right and moved Borom to 2nd team, but I think they thought that would cause a lot of hubbub for Borom and wanted to reward him because he is guy who is getting moved around a lot and will be.  He may end up at RG when it is all said and done.   Pretty sure if his back is okay Jenkins is a lock at RT at least in Poles mind.   Notice Jenkins is always playing RT and not moving. 

But Dan, you hypocrite, you said Johnson was getting a message when he was sent briefly to 2nd team.   He was getting a message.  Johnson is a clear starting corner for Bears.  Everyone knows he is going to start.   That was about telling him to get with the Flus program and discipline.   It is different situation. 

I think Quinn is clearly on trade block.  People online are worrying about him practicing and thinking he is holding out or unhappy.  I don’t think that is case.  I think it is more likely they don’t want to damage his trade value with a practice injury.  

• Like 1

Update:

got an office space in downtown Crystal Lake lined up.   Will be building a website and getting cards going this week.

Should have everything up and running by end of month - that is goal anyway.

Thanks for all support guys.

• Like 3