Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If you weren’t sold on Poles as being a guy who will do whatever needs to be done to be the best then sacking one of the guys who hired him less than 6 months ago says a lot.

Wow, I wonder what the rationale was. You don't just fire someone from an NFL franchise in June or July without a reason. Maybe he has another person in mind that he has a ton of faith in?

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Wow, I wonder what the rationale was. You don't just fire someone from an NFL franchise in June or July without a reason. Maybe he has another person in mind that he has a ton of faith in?

“Don’t go on that vacation or you’re fired!”

15 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

"Ryan im on vacation!"

"Great! Where did you go?"

"East St Louis!"

"???... Hey... this isn't working out. I have to let you go."

Maybe it was a false firing so he can spy on packers training camp for us 

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

McCaskey and co were bragging on that dude as being indispensable and valuable in offseason when they put him on that committee.   They didn’t say why other than he was friends with players.

I guess Poles didn’t feel same.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Extra cold that he was part of committee that hired Poles and Poles fires him a few months later.  

• Like 1

“Reid established a players' leadership committee consisting of one member from each position group as a way for players to air their concerns.” From ESPN article on Reid  

Poles is probably just following this model.  Maybe he thinks there is no need for a full time go between position if you are doing this.   Timing is weird though.  Still cold.  

I think Soup did more though.  I suspect his real job was he was a guy who kept an eye on player personal life’s to head off off field problems.   Which KC has had a problem with and Bears have not as much pre Poles.  He may have wanted to keep a guy like that and is not seeing his true value (if true).  If Soup can keep a key player from doing something stupid or making a dumb decision and getting suspended that is worth his salary.  

These young guys need trustworthy older guy advise on buying homes, cars, dating, partying, investing, etc.  

The franchise needs someone who knows when a guy is on a bad track so they can either head it off or start an exit plan.  

Update on personal situation.   Started my own law firm.   Rented a small office in downtown Crystal Lake, IL.  

Doing real estate and wills and trusts.  Already have clients and haven’t even finished setting everything up yet.  

Many thanks for all well wishes and prayers.  Means a lot even from relative strangers.   I had a huge out pouring of love on Facebook from people who know me too.  It is good to be loved.   God is good even though we have trials in life.

Love you guys. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Went to the parade and one of my old classmates had a dog. As we are talking my wife pets the puppy and before they leave the puppy marked my wife's ankle. 

Best parade ever. 

Sounds like jealousy to me. But I'm not judging.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Update on personal situation.   Started my own law firm.   Rented a small office in downtown Crystal Lake, IL.  

Doing real estate and wills and trusts.  Already have clients and haven’t even finished setting everything up yet.  

Many thanks for all well wishes and prayers.  Means a lot even from relative strangers.   I had a huge out pouring of love on Facebook from people who know me too.  It is good to be loved.   God is good even though we have trials in life.

Love you guys. 

I don't know you on a personal level but you come off as a smart, grounded person and i'm confident that you'll figure this **** out and land alright in end.

• Like 2