2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

43 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

They certainly aren't doing nothing. Retaining Landry and Jones was big.

But the holes at WR and TE, and the lack of a 2nd round pick, makes the silence on those fronts confusing so far.

And depending on how we view Radunz/Brewer, we might need to sign a starter at either T or G too. Lewan-Brewer-Jones-Davis-Radunz is a possible line, but if Radunz isn't put at T and we instead put him at LG and keep Brewer as the swing IOL, we're lacking a starting option there.

Can't go in to the draft with impact players missing at 3 different positions and expect to fill them with only 1 true "expected starter" pick(though 3rd rounders can sometimes be that).

Still time, but need to do something before the run on WRs starts. It's already begun on TEs.

Not getting on  you or attacking....
Concerning the WR spot specifcially...
Last free agency, the talk was the same. "Why the silence?" 
We only had AJ Brown.  Davis gone. Jonnu gone. And we signed Firsker. 

We watched Curtis Samuel, Golladay, Sammy Watkins, Marvin Jones, Corey Davis, Aghlor, JuJu, Bourne, Will Fuller, Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, and AJ Green get signed and the forum was majority upset.  Because we signed Josh Reynolds.

And guys nobody wanted like Bourne and Marvin Jones probably had the best seasons from the group. 
I have no point other than don't panic people. 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If Jamarco is the only addition we make to the OL via signing, feel like Lewan/Brewer/Jones/Davis/Radunz has to be their starting o-line.

They will draft someone. 
But we won games with Lewan, Brewer, Jones, Davis and Ques....

Just saying...

All I can think about is the 2020 offseason. Where it felt like we were just a few moves away, did absolutely nothing, and watched the conference pass us by.

Because the goal isn’t to be just as good as we were last year. If it is, hey, we resigned Landry and Jones, let’s just run it back with the same exact weaknesses again I guess.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Not getting on  you or attacking....
Concerning the WR spot specifcially...
Last free agency, the talk was the same. "Why the silence?" 
We only had AJ Brown.  Davis gone. Jonnu gone. And we signed Firsker. 

We watched Curtis Samuel, Golladay, Sammy Watkins, Marvin Jones, Corey Davis, Aghlor, JuJu, Bourne, Will Fuller, Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, and AJ Green get signed and the forum was majority upset.  Because we signed Josh Reynolds.

And guys nobody wanted like Bourne and Marvin Jones probably had the best seasons from the group. 
I have no point other than don't panic people. 

It has nothing to do with when anyone gets signed or what's expected.

It just boils down to we're missing 2 to 3 impact receivers(they probably think NWI is one, so they probably only think 2), missing 2 impact TEs, and potentially missing an impact guard or tackle depending on their view on the line I posted above.

It would probably be even less of a problem if our #1 receiver was a lock to start every game, but AJ Brown has proven to have some issues with nagging injuries.

Just far too many holes to go in to a draft with where we've got 1 first and 1 3rd round pick. And our draft history the past couple years isn't the most promising(whether due to injury like Farley last year, Fulton's first year, etc, or just bad(Wilson) or taking time to come along(Radunz)), so it's hard to buy relying on so many picks to be significant starters.

It becomes more mystifying as you look further in to it when Robinson and Vrabel openly admit they need to be elite around Tannehill to win. And the defense should fit that, or at least be very good.

But as it sits currently we're gonna be asking him to get it done with AJ Brown and Derrick Henry being the only impact players around him on offense. And as noted earlier, Brown has his injury issues, and while I hope Derrick is back to normal, if he truly was 100% in the playoff game, Derrick has fallen off a cliff due to that plate in his foot, but that's hopefully something he either just gets used to or gets removed? I dunno how that works.

In previous years, the messaging from the team has largely if not totally matched the signings/drafting of the off-season. To this point, and yes there's still time for signings or trades, it hasn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

All I can think about is the 2020 offseason. Where it felt like we were just a few moves away, did absolutely nothing, and watched the conference pass us by.

Because the goal isn’t to be just as good as we were last year. If it is, hey, we resigned Landry and Jones, let’s just run it back with the same exact weaknesses again I guess.

I’ve faced the reality that our championship window got slammed shut on January 22nd. I thought our window was between 2021-2024, when actuality it was 2020-2022. We had our window and we should’ve capitalize on it after that 2020 playoff run. We didn’t.

I think that’s why I’m not really tripping over free agency because my expectations aren’t high. We’ll still be a competitive team but Championship level, nah….that ship has sailed imo. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ve faced the reality that our championship window got slammed shut on January 22nd. I thought our window was between 2021-2024, when actuality it was 2020-2022. We had our window and we should’ve capitalize on it after that 2020 playoff run. We didn’t.

I think that’s why I’m not really tripping over free agency because my expectations aren’t high. We’ll still be a competitive team but Championship level, nah….that ship has sailed imo. 

yeah this whole window has been brutally mismanaged. credit to robinson and vrabel for getting us to this point, but what they've done with it is tough to see. 

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It has nothing to do with when anyone gets signed or what's expected.

It just boils down to we're missing 2 to 3 impact receivers(they probably think NWI is one, so they probably only think 2), missing 2 impact TEs, and potentially missing an impact guard or tackle depending on their view on the line I posted above.

It would probably be even less of a problem if our #1 receiver was a lock to start every game, but AJ Brown has proven to have some issues with nagging injuries.

Just far too many holes to go in to a draft with where we've got 1 first and 1 3rd round pick. And our draft history the past couple years isn't the most promising(whether due to injury like Farley last year, Fulton's first year, etc, or just bad(Wilson) or taking time to come along(Radunz)), so it's hard to buy relying on so many picks to be significant starters.

It becomes more mystifying as you look further in to it when Robinson and Vrabel openly admit they need to be elite around Tannehill to win. And the defense should fit that, or at least be very good.

But as it sits currently we're gonna be asking him to get it done with AJ Brown and Derrick Henry being the only impact players around him on offense. And as noted earlier, Brown has his injury issues, and while I hope Derrick is back to normal, if he truly was 100% in the playoff game, Derrick has fallen off a cliff due to that plate in his foot, but that's hopefully something he either just gets used to or gets removed? I dunno how that works.

In previous years, the messaging from the team has largely if not totally matched the signings/drafting of the off-season. To this point, and yes there's still time for signings or trades, it hasn't.

Well lets just dive a little deeper.

Allen Robinson who I would I loved signed for $46 million.
Outside of him, is anyone really willing to pay $30-40 Million to them?
Landry, JuJu, Beasley, TY Hilton....

Was Zay Jones or Kirk the answer?
Just saw some who would be disappointed in a Crowder signing. 
Cedric Wilson or Russell Gage are  around the same level of with James Washington and Pascal in my opinion, maybe a tick above them but not crazy drop off. 

I think it's a double edge sword.  
We swing and try to land Robinson for say $50 million. He plays in 12 game or fails to get 1,000 yards and the same forum will be on Robinson for failing to find a good WR. 
Pay Cedric Wilson almost $8 mil per season and he duplicates what he has done and gets 700 yards and 4 TDs are people happy? 

I hear what you saying, but same time who out there are the must have guys that are sure fire to turn this offense into a scoring machine?

Honest question to the forum, is 16 games of someone like Pascal better than 7 games from Will Fuller?