2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If those are our options, we’re already dead.

But the answer is Fuller. Obviously. Because there exists at least some remote possibility that he returns to peak form and is a good receiver. Whereas Pascal provides nothing that 150 receivers in football also can.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Well lets just dive a little deeper.

Allen Robinson who I would I loved signed for $46 million.
Outside of him, is anyone really willing to pay $30-40 Million to them?
Landry, JuJu, Beasley, TY Hilton....

Was Zay Jones or Kirk the answer?
Just saw some who would be disappointed in a Crowder signing. 
Cedric Wilson or Russell Gage are  around the same level of with James Washington and Pascal in my opinion, maybe a tick above them but not crazy drop off. 

I think it's a double edge sword.  
We swing and try to land Robinson for say $50 million. He plays in 12 game or fails to get 1,000 yards and the same forum will be on Robinson for failing to find a good WR. 
Pay Cedric Wilson almost $8 mil per season and he duplicates what he has done and gets 700 yards and 4 TDs are people happy? 

I hear what you saying, but same time who out there are the must have guys that are sure fire to turn this offense into a scoring machine?

Honest question to the forum, is 16 games of someone like Pascal better than 7 games from Will Fuller? 

it's not about landing all the big names and big contracts, it's about stacking talent, which, as you'll notice, literally all of the other AFC contenders are doing while we sit around. that doesn't mean limitless spending like the jacksonvilles of the world, it never does- but it does mean targeted, strategic signings to make the team better. the bills and bengals are out there addressing weaknesses. the bucs knew they had a short window and stacked all the talent they could the past few years. and of course the rams are the extreme example. we gave it a go last year and, as much as i think we overpaid dupree, we were really smart in signing denico autry and that combination resulted in us having an elite position group on the DL, a real asset that helped push us into serious contention.

we failed to do anything like that in the 2020 offseason to build off our AFC championship run, and things aren't looking good right now for 2022 to build off of what we did, all while the rest of the AFC passes us by. it's pure complacency and a myopic team-building strategy. like, you're seriously asking us to choose between 16 games of pascal and 7 games of will fuller? that's the question you think a team with championship aspirations should even be considering? do you think either of those guys sees significant snaps for a super bowl caliber squad? if you actually expect this team to compete for a super bowl, you simply have to set higher expectations.

And being honest, Robinson was the best WR on the market in my opinion.  The rest are just a bunch of Corey Davis level or below options.  And we shouldn't be paying $40 million for that, if we caring about money. 
Kirk money was just stupid. 

And being honest, Robinson was the best WR on the market in my opinion.  The rest are just a bunch of Corey Davis level or below options.  And we shouldn't be paying $40 million for that, if we caring about money. 

I’d love a Corey Davis level WR at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That's a problem in and of itself. If the team's idea is they're fine with what they have/think whatever minor signings and draft picks they have coming up will fill the holes, that's one thing. It's stupid/wrong, but at least they'd be believing in what they have.

If money is the problem, then we're just 5 steps behind every other competing team in the NFL. An even bigger problem.

I agree. And even with Robinson, that alone isn’t enough to help Ryan.

We need two more viable weapons for Ryan to have a real chance at a super bowl. Imo. And a line that can protect him. With the limited draft capital it’s hard to see where that is coming from at this point. I am over thinking that is a real opportunity. We are very far from that.

I see a trend that players are going to teams with qbs that have real shots at getting them to a super bowl.

My wish for this off-season at this point is that we can rebuild our line with a couple great picks like the chiefs did last year. Give us a solid core for the future on our offensive line. The cream on top would be to find a steal playmaker TE. I hope we can have a really great draft.

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

That's a problem in and of itself. If the team's idea is they're fine with what they have/think whatever minor signings and draft picks they have coming up will fill the holes, that's one thing. It's stupid/wrong, but at least they'd be believing in what they have.

If money is the problem, then we're just 5 steps behind every other competing team in the NFL. An even bigger problem.

for real. sometimes i get the feeling that we're playing checkers while the contenders play chess.

Just looking at last years market. 
Only 7 WRs got deals with more than 1 year on them. 
3 highest paid WRs (Golladay, Samuel and Davis) all combined for 4 TDs. $143 Million in contracts. 

So far 5 guys got deals of more than 1 year. 
I say wait til the price comes back to Earth with one or two year deals in the $5 range and get a WR. 
The talent level compares to last year. So I think that's the play.