2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Im not gonna sit here and act like I'm thrilled at the fact we haven't brought in any offensive firepower

I was hoping to hit on ANY tight end, really

But in terms of WR...IDK. In my mind, there really wasn't anyone who has signed that I thought we'd realistically get. ARob seemed unlikely...same with Adams. Kirk is a very good player but we'd never have given the contract that Jax did

So I'm not exactly upset we haven't brought in a WR yet. TE, a bit. WR...not surprised. Even w/ Julio cut (which sucks but was expected)...I'm hoping for a guy like Juju and a draft pick

I also think getting a decent TE is more important.  Sure, it's a great draft class, but rookie TEs rarely do much, unless they're a legit stud prospect, and I'm not sure this class has too many.

That said, with the state of our division, I don't know if immediate contribution will be as important as how well they play at the end of the year with most of a season under their belt.  Because that's the hump.

But this is like the best WR class I've ever seen.  We'll get someone who will contribute immediately, especially if that's where we go in the first.

5 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Meh, you can’t talk about how the draft and draft picks is somewhat of a crapshoot  then be like “nah let’s keep our mid round pick and draft a Dez Fitzpatrick  over a proven WR who fits our offense to a tee”. Yeah he’s closing in on 30 but ACL injuries are no where close to the death sentence that it was 15-20 years ago.

With our WR situation and the options currently out there , beggars can’t be choosers. If we can get Woods without overpaying, we should be all in.

Yeah I get that about the draft pick. It's more about the player. 

I'd trade the pick for a wr. Just wouldn't do it for Woods. I'm just not confident it would work to our benefit. 

That's my feeling. 

I'd look for a different wr to target. 

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I also think getting a decent TE is more important.  Sure, it's a great draft class, but rookie TEs rarely do much, unless they're a legit stud prospect, and I'm not sure this class has too many.

That said, with the state of our division, I don't know if immediate contribution will be as important as how well they play at the end of the year with most of a season under their belt.  Because that's the hump.

But this is like the best WR class I've ever seen.  We'll get someone who will contribute immediately, especially if that's where we go in the first.

Our WR situation aside, I am desperate for an impactful TE.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i would be perfectly fine with a boring FA if we weren't sitting here with a completely exploded offensive roster lol

It is tough to look at the offensive downfall last year, realize how much of it came down to OL, WR2-4 and TE, and then see a depth chart with arguable downgrades at every one of those spots. Probably what makes the patience so hard.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It is tough to look at the offensive downfall last year, realize how much of it came down to OL, WR2-4 and TE, and then see a depth chart with arguable downgrades at every one of those spots. Probably what makes the patience so hard.

at the very least it seems like things have slowed down a bit at WR, so we could still bring in a juju or MVS type plus a draft pick...but that's still not a confidence-inspiring WR unit. and of course the handling of the TE situation thus far has been mind-bogglingly inexcusable, and we still have huge question marks along the OL. just seems very, very far away from "great around tannehill."