Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

24m

The Nathaniel Hackett hire in Denver should have an interesting trickle down effect. Now, he won't be taking that 2nd interview in Jacksonville (which felt like leverage vs Leftwich). Also takes the assumed No. 1 team off the board for Dan Quinn. #Bears

So... does Hackett going to Denver make Rodgers want to go there more or less?  

I would bet you that even if they have a bad season or two, Gutenkunst is breathing a sigh of relief when Rodgers leaves. That's got to be like getting out of the marriage where she wakes you up every morning with new crazy **** and your car on fire.  

• Like 1

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

So... does Hackett going to Denver make Rodgers want to go there more or less?  

I would bet you that even if they have a bad season or two, Gutenkunst is breathing a sigh of relief when Rodgers leaves. That's got to be like getting out of the marriage where she wakes you up every morning with new crazy **** and your car on fire.  

I suspect for Denver getting Rodgers was the biggest selling point of brining Hackett in...

Going to be interesting to see how the Packers franchise comes back from him leaving...a lot of people there will need to show how good they are at there job in order to make up for that loss...

The package Denver send them will be interesting to see...if that is the move of course.

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I suspect for Denver getting Rodgers was the biggest selling point of brining Hackett in...

Going to be interesting to see how the Packers franchise comes back from him leaving...a lot of people there will need to show how good they are at there job in order to make up for that loss...

The package Denver send them will be interesting to see...if that is the move of course.

I was reading somewhere, possibly Allbright on Twitter, saying that Hackett isn’t quite the Rodgers bait that many people seem to think he is.  Their QB coach, Letsy(?), is the one you want to hire if you’re going to lure Rodgers.  It’ll be interesting to see if  Hackett brings him on as OC in Denver.

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I was reading somewhere, possibly Allbright on Twitter, saying that Hackett isn’t quite the Rodgers bait that many people seem to think he is.  Their QB coach, Letsy(?), is the one you want to hire if you’re going to lure Rodgers.  It’ll be interesting to see if  Hackett brings him on as OC in Denver.

Surely the Packers just promote him? He got a HC interview this season...Packers would be crazy to let him walk.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Surely the Packers just promote him? He got a HC interview this season...Packers would be crazy to let him walk.

Maybe.  Would he have to accept that promotion before teams need to get permission to interview him?  I would imagine so.  Maybe he sees that as a sinking ship and wants to get out if Aaron is leaving.

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

I honestly have no idea what the Jaguars are doing. Say what you want about our organization but atleast Ryan Pace was fired. 

It was when I heard that they were trying to use Eberflus to leverage Leftwich into a lesser contract...they have no idea what they are doing...no wonder Quinn flat out said no to an interview

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It was when I heard that they were trying to use Eberflus to leverage Leftwich into a lesser contract...they have no idea what they are doing...no wonder Quinn flat out said no to an interview

Good on Leftwich too for pushing for what he wants (assuming the reports are true). I wonder if he and Poles have a relationship… quick someone check if they have the same agent! 😂