Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

29 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Just out of curiosity I wanted to see where each team stood in terms of draft capital this year so I used both draft models from drafttek to calculate each teams overall value (as of now ofcourse since the season isn't over).

All data is collected from the two links below.

Jimmy Johnson's trade value chart: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Rich Hill's trade value chart: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

***(WARNING: ONLY LOOK AT THE RAMS IF YOU NEED A GOOD LAUGH!!!)***

VWtiqtu.pngfg0zSth.png

This did actually make me laugh. Double most are in 4-digits, 5 are in triple-digits, and LAR has low double digits. Basically the equivalent of draft capital bankruptcy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

This did actually make me laugh. Double most are in 4-digits, 5 are in triple-digits, and LAR has low double digits. Basically the equivalent of draft capital bankruptcy.

Me too. Dude, I actually had to go back and manually re-check the data myself just to be sure since it was automated lol.

The 155th pick in the 5th rnd is the Rams 1st pick of the draft and then they have to wait until mid-7th round for their 2nd pick(209) and their 3rd (219).

36/17 pts!?! Are you kiddin me! Thier entire draft is equivalent to the Browns 5th round pick at 140 on Jimmy's scale and Philly's 5th at 139 on Hills model lol. That's nuts!

• Like 2

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Me too. Dude, I actually had to go back and manually re-check the data myself just to be sure since it was automated lol.

The 155th pick in the 5th rnd is the Rams 1st pick of the draft and then they have to wait until mid-7th round for their 2nd pick(209) and their 3rd (219).

36/17 pts!?! Are you kiddin me! Thier entire draft is equivalent to the Browns 5th round pick at 140 on Jimmy's scale and Philly's 5th at 139 on Hills model lol. That's nuts!

This sounds like a media promotion in the making.

"Two lucky fans will get to make the ENTIRE draft class for the Rams in 2022!"

I wonder if their Twitter feed will just remind everyone who they traded their picks for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

This sounds like a media promotion in the making.

"Two lucky fans will get to make the ENTIRE draft class for the Rams in 2022!"

I wonder if their Twitter feed will just remind everyone who they traded their picks for. 

Oh god! They're going to pay someone from PR to sit there for 2 days retweeting the same post in every round lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@WindyCity had a lot of these conversations.    You can do a lot of good things, but bottom line is always going to be team results.

If you look at ourlads every team has really good players on it that came via the GM including Pace.  

I will say Colts did get a bad shake when Luck retired, but they didn't replace him with someone good enough.

Like MN did a lot of good things in drafts, but Cousins wasn't quite good enough.  

This illustrates just how damn tough it is to find a franchise QB

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@WindyCity had a lot of these conversations.    You can do a lot of good things, but bottom line is always going to be team results.

If you look at ourlads every team has really good players on it that came via the GM including Pace.  

I will say Colts did get a bad shake when Luck retired, but they didn't replace him with someone good enough.

Like MN did a lot of good things in drafts, but Cousins wasn't quite good enough.  

Great ingredients are awesome, but you have to make them into a great meal.

Pace was is a good college scout. He wasn’t a good GM, and he was terrible at hiring coaches.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

For me it would be Dodds & Leftwich just based off what George said about wanting leadership & toughness...I think Dodds could build the physical offence that Leftwich currently has in TB and I think Fields would be best in a vertical offence...

Schoen & Daboll would be an excellent pairing as well just a tick behind for me but it's close.

To me Dodds is far and away the best candidate. I just think he's a star GM in the making based on what I've read on his background.

I'm glad to hear Bears have at least requested an interview

Now hopefully he takes it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

DBB says Dodds and R. Smith are the favorites

I remember Rick Smith left the Texans to be with his wife, who eventually succumbed to cancer. Sad story.

That being said, after reading this article I feel like he might have kind of, sort of, turned into a bit of a weirdo:

https://theathletic.com/1596742/2020/02/12/my-heart-is-open-now-former-texans-gm-rick-smiths-grief-has-reshaped-his-life/

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

To me Dodds is far and away the best candidate. I just think he's a star GM in the making based on what I've read on his background.

I'm glad to hear Bears have at least requested an interview

Now hopefully he takes it 

Dodds or Smith for me is the preference. 

• Like 1

Unless we suddenly have a change of heart when it comes to McDaniels I can't think of many others I would like to see added for an interview at this point...maybe Kellen Moore but I am not sure his background marries up with what George said in his presser...Joe Hortiz for GM but do I rate him over Dodds or Schoen? Probably not...

I think we could be set when it comes to a long list...now just need to get those GM candidates interviewed over the next few days then on to the HCs at the weekend...2nd round of interviews next week...then hopefully two quality appointments.

some interesting takes interesting things in this...specifically around Chris Ballard and the Colts organisation in general...obviously ties in to Polian as well...could be that George knows he made the wrong decision hiring Pace instead of taking Ballard's alleged request to not report to Ted if he was going to take the job...the fact we have put Ted out to pasture in terms of the football side before requesting to interview two of Ballard's top guys could be telling...

Hodge also said he believe Brown and not Dodds might be the favoured one for us...can't tell you how much I hope that is not the case...nothing against Brown but from what I have seen he is a pretty laid back guy...not what we need...give me the intensity of Dodds...

If you want to see more about how the Colts run things I would highly recommend watching "with the next pick" shows you the last 3 years of the draft process for the Colts...link below is season 1...