Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Yeah I agree that a lot of these players on other teams aren't going to be very good...Allen is special and helps everyone around him and Diggs will always take away coverage from others but this offence is putting guys into really good positions.

Every time I watch Allen I still can’t believe how much he has developed since his rookie year…not sure I have ever seen a QB who has developed as much.

Agreed re: Allen. He was BAD as a rookie.

As for the skill guys, assuming Mooney were put in the Diggs role (not saying he’s Diggs, but probably where he lines up under Daboll), if you complement him WR-wise with, say, Juju and Zay Jones in FA plus a rookie we’d be pretty comparable talent wise to what BUF has at WR right now IMO and it wouldn’t crush you financially. The key, obviously, is the development of the QB.

Oh, and get a true FB. Daboll will run behind one. Gilliam just spring that whole play for that Singletary TD. 

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Skill position wise (besides Allen) their RBs are just guys, and I think their WRs are just average too except for Diggs. I know Beasley had 82 catches but that’s for less than 700 yards so a lot of quick screen stuff, and there was zero drop off with McKenzie playing for him when he was on the COVID list, and there’s no question McKenzie is just a guy. Davis and Sanders are average WR3/4 guys. Knox is solid, and a big target in the RZ, but be had less catches and yards than Kmet too. 

Agreed. They don't have any real super stars besides Diggs, who definitely makes a difference, but still...I don't think they're far and away that much more talented. I think more than anything they're a really well coached team

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not being a d*** but truly look at his tweets. He's always summarizing news from others. No way he has any sources. At this point DBB is calling everything beforehand. I'll wait on his confirmation

Oh absolutely I agree. DBB actually refuted the tweet I posted earlier. 

16 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

There we go then...two coaches I want nothing to do with and GM candidate who no one seemed to know was getting an interview hahaha...hope this was just a warm up for three interviews tomorrow...two guys who could be the future of the franchise.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

There we go then...two coaches I want nothing to do with and GM candidate who no one seemed to know was getting an interview hahaha...hope this was just a warm up for three interviews tomorrow...two guys who could be the future of the franchise.

I actually don't mind Caldwell all that much aside from his age which is a concern.

He's a good leader and he knows offense.

People have speculated he may come as Flores' OC but not sure about that connection

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I actually don't mind Caldwell all that much aside from his age which is a concern.

He's a good leader and he knows offense.

People have speculated he may come as Flores' OC but not sure about that connection

For me Caldwell is just another 9-8 or 8-9 every season type of guy...I think Jacksonville should be all over him because like you said as a leader he is excellent...

I don't think our culture is so bad that we need a guy like him...for me we need someone who can work with Fields and put him in a position to be great...not sure Caldwell does that as a HC...maybe as an OC with Flores or someone else but not as the top guy.

I really hope the fact Joe Schoen grew up close to Chicago and watching the 85 Bears lift a Superbowl plays into his decision if we want him (which we should) I know a lot of college coaches go back to their alma mater to coach but imagine being in charge of the franchise you grew up supporting?...

Schoen & Daboll must be the #1 pairing after tonight...even if we could get Fields to 80% of Allen we would have a top 10 QB...the rest of that offence has been built and coached so well and they have links to some quality staffing options...just offer them the job tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

But, but--how can you say that, Windy?

We need McDaniels in Chicago! 

WE NEED HIM!!! 🤪

Your acting like the game finished 7-0 😂...not much any offence is going to do when they have to be completely one dimensional against an elite pass defence while already 27 points down.

So having slept on the idea of just offering Schoen & Daboll the job I have decided...this is exactly what we should do...

Defence & culture are extremely important and I feel they can both bring that here but you saw last night in the playoffs that the best QB tends to win the game...we need all our focus to be on developing Fields and putting him in the best position to succeed...Daboll is the guy for that given how much he has helped Allen since his rookie year.

• Like 1