What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

11 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

I want most of my future draft capital for Rodgers  to come after this draft.  If Love bombs we will have firsts and seconds for a couple drafts to move on another QB. 

Yep, I’d push them out past Aaron if I could. Aaron is not pulling a Brady and playing for 6 more years, he’s got three more years tops if I had to guess. I’d like to get a 2023 first round pick if I could, so the further out the draft picks the better.

Just remember we got a 4th round pick for Clinton-Dix.

The better Stafford does the more we get for Rodgers.

It’s not about the years or the ability alone, but also the marketability. You trade Rodgers to a team and that team is going to sell out each and every home game, will likely get a home playoff game, and will get loads financially.

Two clear front runners are Denver and Philly. Both have assets and cap space to get Rodgers and Davante. 

Philly would have a stacked offense with Adams, Smith, Goddert, Sanders and a solid OL. Playing in the weakest division in the league and the NFC being weak next year(Cowboys in salary cap hell, us rebuilding, Brady retiring for bucs) would be intriguing for Rodgers. 

I dont think hes going anywhere, but if he does Id want a perpetual deal.  After the initial deal with multiple first and seconds, Id want a pick as long as hes is playing until he retires.

Fill in the blank for how many firsts and seconds he  brings and the years, after that I want a sliding pick trade until he hangs them up

Example

first and second round picks for 2022, 2023 or more.

after 2023, I get a 2nd round pick every year until he retires.   It could be 0 picks it could be 3 or 4.    Depends on how long he plays.

Edited by NFLGURU

I posted this on another thread. I think it will ultimately come down between Denver and Las Vegas for Rodgers.

Looking at teams who have two or more 1st round picks in this years draft. It looks like NY Jets, NY Giants and Philadelphia are possible teams for the Packers to target for a Rodgers trade. The Jets is probably the biggest fish the Packers would like to lure.

Rodgers is not going to go to some losing franchise or with bad head coaches or to a rebuilding project. A number of teams like Houston and Carolina can be ruled out.

Colts, Seahawks and 49ers have no first round picks so they can be ruled out. Saints has the worst cap situation in the NFL- not happening. Falcons and Titans can't move on from their QBs as their cap hits is too large. Obviously ruled out all NFC North teams and teams with good QB situations. Eventually as I whittled down the list of potential teams this is what i've come up with:

for the Packers, For Rodgers:

1# Jets have two 2022 first round picks (#4 and #10)
Wouldn't surprise me if they decide to quickly move on from Zach Wilson.
Pros: Lots of cap space, Saleh, Big Market, Similar offensive system, Good OL, Easy division? Can sign Adams?
Cons: Losing franchise. No pass catchers of note.

2# Denver will have one 2022 first round pick (#9)
The pieces are slowly falling into place for them to trade for Rodgers. The fact they done it before with Manning makes it likely they will try again with Rodgers.
Pros: Ample cap space, Stable org, Potentially Hacknett as HC, Good offensive weapons, Hipster culture, Attractive location.
Cons: Tough division with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr, Mediocre OL.

3# Steelers will have one 2022 first round pick (#20)
Need to replace Roethlisberger.
Pros: Ample cap space, Tomlin, Stable org, Strong culture, Good offensive weapons.
Cons: Fairly tough division. Unfamiliar offence, Mediocre OL

4# Miami will have one 2022 first round pick (anywhere from #29-32)
Too much noise from them wanting to move on from Tua.
Pros: Largest cap space, Weather, No income tax, Big contract, Easy division. Can sign Adams too
Cons: Losing franchise, Bad front office, Worst OL in NFL, Potentially uninspiring new head coach hire judging from their interview list but if they hire McDaniel from 49ers then Rodgers can play in a familiar offence.

5# Las Vegas will have one 2022 first round pick (#22)
They're in position to move on from Carr without a cap hit I believe so it makes them interesting players
Pros:
Decent cap space, Warm weather, brand new stadium, Close to west coast, No Income tax.
Cons:
Unknown HC - haven't interviewed anyone who runs similar offence, Tough division, Mediocre OL. Best receivers Renfrow and Waller but Rodgers historically doesn't throw very much over the middle.

6# Cleveland Browns will have one 2022 first round pick (#13)
They have alot of pieces in place but Mayfield has underwhelmed. Would they go all in on Rodgers?
Pros: Decent cap space, excellent OL, Solid offensive weapons but losing OBJ hurts, Solid HC
Cons: Losing franchise, potential to blow up anytime, Fairly tough division, not an attractive destination.

7# New England Patriots will have one 2022 first round pick (#21)
Would Belichick desire to win push Mac Jones to one side and bring Rodgers in? It's a very real possibility.
Pros: Belichick, Winner, Excellent OL. Pretty location, Easy division.
Cons: Middling cap space, No offensive weapons, Patriots way - is it compatible with Rodger's personality?

These are the seven teams I believe the Packers will look at AND they're all AFC teams. Looking at that list I get the feeling Rodgers will be amendable to most of them.

Failing that our alternative options are all from within the conference, coincidentally all from NFC East:

8# Philadelphia has three 2022 first round picks (#15 #16 #19)
I would be willing to trade in-conference if it means picking up a haul of 1st round picks but would they move on from Hurts?
Pros: Theoretically easy division, Good OL but aging? Smith and Goedert.
Cons: Uninspiring HC, Unfamiliar offence.

9# NY Giants has two 2033 first round Picks (#5 and #7)
Would they be willing to move from Jones? I'm guessing probably not. The fact they're rebuilding will turn Rodgers off.
Pros: Big market, Theoretically easy division,
Cons: Bad cap space, Awful OL, injury prone offensive weapons, Unfamiliar offence, Rebuilding.

10# Washington have one 2022 draft pick (#11)
Most QB needy team of the three.
Pros: Ample cap space, Theoretically easy division, McLaurin, Experienced HC, Good OL.
Cons: Synder. Unfamiliar offence.

First of all i'm surprised at no mention of the Jets in this thread. The Jets are most notable because they have two high first round picks. By now they probably feel they screwed up their Zach Wilson selection and will look to rectify that. The easier division, the bigger market, the cap space (big contract + Adams) and running a similar offensive system will all be attractive for Rodgers. The only problem is Rodgers doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and I also suspect (not a deal breaker) he would want a warmer weather team to help prolong his career. It will be tough for the Packers to convince Rodgers to go there if the Jets comes calling - i'm sure he doesn't want Favre comparisons all over again.

Denver is absolutely the favourites for many reasons - ticks many boxes except all year round warm weather. Downside is the level of compensation the Packers will get, it will probably require throwing players into the deal which makes things complicated especially with our cap situation but at least they do have a high first round pick.

Las Vegas is a sneaky play because they can trade Carr without a cap hit and then use the proceeds to acquire Rodgers and they also have a decent amount of cap space to do so. There is potential for the Packers to garner lots of draft picks this way.  Its close proximity to California and warm weather location got to be attractive for Rodgers. Brand spanking new dome stadium and grass field cannot hurt either. Have to pay close attention to who they hire for HC as that will dictate the likelihood of this happening. If Jim Harbaugh or Josh McDaniels then you should start placing bets.

On the surface Miami ticks many boxes for Rodgers except they are rebuilding. Downside for the Packers is that Miami's 2022 first round pick will be at the end of the first round. Assuming Rodgers immediately turns Miami into a playoff contender then future first round picks will also be at the end of the first round so from a compensation standpoint not very attractive for the Packers. Either way it probably rules them out of the running.

If the Packers were to trade within the conference then the only teams they would even consider would be Philadelphia and NY Giants both with multiple first round picks but probably ain't going to happen because I think both still like their quarterbacks.

20 minutes ago, Chili said:

I posted this on another thread. I think it will ultimately come down between Denver and Las Vegas for Rodgers.

First of all i'm surprised at no mention of the Jets in this thread. The Jets are most notable because they have two high first round picks. By now they probably feel they screwed up their Zach Wilson selection and will look to rectify that. The easier division, the bigger market, the cap space (big contract + Adams) and running a similar offensive system will all be attractive for Rodgers. The only problem is Rodgers doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and I also suspect (not a deal breaker) he would want a warmer weather team to help prolong his career. It will be tough for the Packers to convince Rodgers to go there if the Jets comes calling - i'm sure he doesn't want Favre comparisons all over again.

Denver is absolutely the favourites for many reasons - ticks many boxes except all year round warm weather. Downside is the level of compensation the Packers will get, it will probably require throwing players into the deal which makes things complicated especially with our cap situation but at least they do have a high first round pick.

Las Vegas is a sneaky play because they can trade Carr without a cap hit and then use the proceeds to acquire Rodgers and they also have a decent amount of cap space to do so. There is potential for the Packers to garner lots of draft picks this way.  Its close proximity to California and warm weather location got to be attractive for Rodgers. Brand spanking new dome stadium and grass field cannot hurt either. Have to pay close attention to who they hire for HC as that will dictate the likelihood of this happening. If Jim Harbaugh or Josh McDaniels then you should start placing bets.

On the surface Miami ticks many boxes for Rodgers except they are rebuilding. Downside for the Packers is that Miami's 2022 first round pick will be at the end of the first round. Assuming Rodgers immediately turns Miami into a playoff contender then future first round picks will also be at the end of the first round so from a compensation standpoint not very attractive for the Packers. Either way it probably rules them out of the running.

If the Packers were to trade within the conference then the only teams they would even consider would be Philadelphia and NY Giants both with multiple first round picks but probably ain't going to happen because I think both still like their quarterbacks.

If Miami were willing to move Tua on and could get a 1st/2nd for him then they become a realistic option for Rodgers/Adams

Could see a compensation package for both look like this:

3 x 1st rounders (22,23,24)

2 x 2nd rounders (22)

1 x 3rd rounder (23)

2 x 4th rounders (22,24)

9 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

If Miami were willing to move Tua on and could get a 1st/2nd for him then they become a realistic option for Rodgers/Adams

2 x 2nd rounders (22)

1 x 3rd rounder (23)

2 x 4th rounders (22,24)

Gotta rework that somehow. We trade AR & Davante to MIA - I want Waddle back as part of the package.

32 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

2 x 2nd rounders (22)

1 x 3rd rounder (23)

2 x 4th rounders (22,24)

I didn't even consider Tua for trade. Yes you're absolutely right that's a very real possibility. There has been too much noise coming out of Miami about wanting to move on from Tua. Lets say one of Houston or Carolina make a trade for Tua then that's a high draft pick for us.

Another thing, If Miami hires 49ers Mike McDaniel then he will be bringing the Shanahan style offence with him which is essentially the same offence LaFleur runs.

The stars could align for the Packers with this one but there is still one dealbreaker. Miami will be rebuilding. They have the worst OL in the NFL. No RB, Gesicki is a FA, Just one WR of note in Waddle but they do have the largest cap space in the NFL to sign Adams and more.

Edited by Chili

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

I didn't even consider Tua for trade. Yes you're absolutely right that's a very real possibility. There has been too much noise coming out of Miami about wanting to move on from Tua. Lets say one of Houston or Carolina make a trade for Tua then that's a high draft pick for us.

Another thing, If Miami hires 49ers Mike McDaniel then he will be bringing the Shanahan style offensive with him which is essentially the same offence LaFleur runs.

The stars could align for the Packers with this one but there is still one dealbreaker. Miami will be rebuilding. They have the worst OL in the NFL. No RB, Gesicki is a FA, Just one WR of note in Waddle but they do have the largest cap space in the NFL to sign Adams and more.

They have cap space and they have a decent defence. They were also a 9-8 team so Rodgers/Adams combo could effectively take them from being a 9 win team to a 12 win team especially as they play the NFC north in 2022

15 minutes ago, Chili said:

Another thing, If Miami hires 49ers Mike McDaniel then he will be bringing the Shanahan style offensive with him which is essentially the same offence LaFleur runs.

Dont leave Miami without Waddle.

He's a younger version of Davante who shows more explosiveness than DA did at his age - all with a chump or weak armed QB.
They want Adams? Fine. We get Waddle.  Make it happen 👍

Then.....to continue this fantasy.......we draft a top WR coming out of college and we immediately have WR1, 2 & 3 (when we resign Lazard). 

How's that for retooling the WR room?  

Make it happen  :)

Edited by Leader