What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

FWIW, "Broncos Insider" Ben Albright seems to be hinting that Rodgers is going to announce his return to GB on McAfee this Tuesday. 

He'll probably be right as it seems like the most probable outcome, but he's been as accurate as Arrigo due to having the same amount of sources.

• Like 1

Related to the original purpose of the thread...anyone think it's possible if we did trade him (yes it's super unlikely) we'd get 4 first rounders this year?

Theory I had: he publicly agrees to sign an extension if he's traded to Philly after shocking everyone and choosing to be traded.

Three team trade:

Hurts to PIT

Rodgers and Pitts third to PHI

We receive Philly's three first rounders this year and Pittsburgh's first this year.

Added to our own, we'd have 5 picks on the first round. Tag and trade Davante to Oakland and we have a 6th this year.

Does anyone say no?

Edited by Sandy

26 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Related to the original purpose of the thread...anyone think it's possible if we did trade him (yes it's super unlikely) we'd get 4 first rounders this year?

Theory I had: he publicly agrees to sign an extension if he's traded to Philly after shocking everyone and choosing to be traded.

Three team trade:

Hurts to PIT

Rodgers and Pitts third to PHI

We receive Philly's three first rounders this year and Pittsburgh's first this year.

Added to our own, we'd have 5 picks on the first round. Tag and trade Davante to Oakland and we have a 6th this year.

Does anyone say no?

I'd rather have picks this year and next. Partially for contract reasons partially as a hedge on Love.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sandy said:

I feel strongly confident that the odds of that happening are 0%.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I feel strongly confident that the odds of that happening are 0%.

Lol fair enough. I toyed around with using the idea for a mock draft should The Decision last much longer but figured that would be too rich for the Eagles taste

If we assume the Florio report is accurate (and I'd put that at roughly 1%) in that Aaron Rodgers already has his potential destinations picked out, what would the possible packages be?  I discussed a deal with Broncofan over in the Denver forum, and we came up with:

1.9, 2.64, '23 FRP, '23 3rd round pick, and a young second tier player for Aaron Rodgers, 4.137 (comp pick for Corey Linsley), and '23 5th round pick

Ignoring the future picks and the young second tier player, those two picks have roughly 1620 points in terms of the TVC.

Tennessee: 1.26, No SRP
Pittsburgh: 1.20, 2.52

Obviously, Tennessee doesn't have a SRP as part of the Julio Jones trade, but they're not completely devoid of assets to move.  Any Rodgers deal would likely include Ryan Tannehill going to a 3rd team (possibly Washington?) for some level of assets.  Pittsburgh's pick package is worth 1230 points, which is roughly a mid SRP worth in terms of trade value.  Assuming those two packages are on the table, there's no reason to believe that the Packers would prefer the Pittsburgh package to the Denver package, so Pittsburgh would likely need to come up with some extra value.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If we assume the Florio report is accurate (and I'd put that at roughly 1%) in that Aaron Rodgers already has his potential destinations picked out, what would the possible packages be?  I discussed a deal with Broncofan over in the Denver forum, and we came up with:

1.9, 2.64, '23 FRP, '23 3rd round pick, and a young second tier player for Aaron Rodgers, 4.137 (comp pick for Corey Linsley), and '23 5th round pick

Ignoring the future picks and the young second tier player, those two picks have roughly 1620 points in terms of the TVC.

Tennessee: 1.26, No SRP
Pittsburgh: 1.20, 2.52

Obviously, Tennessee doesn't have a SRP as part of the Julio Jones trade, but they're not completely devoid of assets to move.  Any Rodgers deal would likely include Ryan Tannehill going to a 3rd team (possibly Washington?) for some level of assets.  Pittsburgh's pick package is worth 1230 points, which is roughly a mid SRP worth in terms of trade value.  Assuming those two packages are on the table, there's no reason to believe that the Packers would prefer the Pittsburgh package to the Denver package, so Pittsburgh would likely need to come up with some extra value.

I'm not sold on Tennessee being a viable option as they just don't have the cap space to make it work. Trading Tannehill before June 1st leaves them with 28m in dead cap and they'd still be on the edge of the cap trying to fit Rodgers cap hits in.

As for Pittsburgh, unless they put some holes in their defence, they wouldn't have the draft capital to satisfy the Packers unless they used multiple years 1st rounders.

All points to the choice for Rodgers being Denver or Green Bay unless their is a smokey out there like LV or Cleveland

17 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

I'm not sold on Tennessee being a viable option as they just don't have the cap space to make it work. Trading Tannehill before June 1st leaves them with 28m in dead cap and they'd still be on the edge of the cap trying to fit Rodgers cap hits in.

Personally, I viewed Tennessee as more of a darkhorse candidate.  But by trading (as opposed to releasing) Tannehill, the Titans actually save $10.2M.

20 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

As for Pittsburgh, unless they put some holes in their defence, they wouldn't have the draft capital to satisfy the Packers unless they used multiple years 1st rounders.

They have more draft capital then Tennessee does so...

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Personally, I viewed Tennessee as more of a darkhorse candidate.  But by trading (as opposed to releasing) Tannehill, the Titans actually save $10.2M.

A trade of Tannehill would get them under the cap by 2.3m. They'd then have to restructure quite a few other deals just to afford Rodgers and his likely cap hit.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They have more draft capital then Tennessee does so...

They have some draft capital but not enough to satisfy the Packers in 2022. Theyd have to give up 2023 and 2024 1st rounders also which I doubt they do

IMO - A team like LV or Cleveland makes more sense then both Tennessee and Pittsburgh

Imo the only thing that could become difficult for GB receiving a monster return for Aaron Rodgers is his age. Turning 39 in December. 

And outside of the G.O.A.T Tom Brady, let's be honest...

How many QBs historically speaking have been absolute greatness once turning 40 years old and then beyond? 

So why would an NFL team mortgage their future for a 1-2 year rental before (chances are) Aaron Rodgers begins to break down and break down right in front of their eyes and much sooner rather than later too?

Call me crazy but GB fans have already seen the best of Aaron Rodgers but another fan base would only soon thereafter begin to see the worst of Aaron Rodgers (MVP today/Awful tomorrow).