Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

as I said before, I doubt a DC job will be available here. 

Not surprising.  He likes being with the Giants and if Daboll wants him to stay, he'll stay.  Either way, I think I'd still lean towards whoever the head coach is here to keep Andre Patterson as the sole DC, if he even wants to stay.  The players like him and I think he could do a good job if he's given the full reins without Zimmer over his shoulder.  

All of these HC prospects for the Vikings are just so underwelming IMO. My top choice is O'Connell. Mostly so we can keep some continuity on offense for once & have someone to focus on developing a QB. Its easier to find a good DC than OC imo. 

Id like:
HC- O'Connell
DC- Fangio or Graham

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

All of these HC prospects for the Vikings are just so underwelming IMO. My top choice is O'Connell. Mostly so we can keep some continuity on offense for once & have someone to focus on developing a QB. Its easier to find a good DC than OC imo. 

Id like:
HC- O'Connell
DC- Fangio or Graham

I wonder if there’s any chance that Dennis Allen leaves the Saints if they hire a different HC.  He’s been a pretty good DC for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I wonder if there’s any chance that Dennis Allen leaves the Saints if they hire a different HC.  He’s been a pretty good DC for them.

He might get a chance to be the HC there in NO. But yeah, he is very interesting. Although there is a good chance he would be kept, if NO hired someone else as HC. 

Mike Zimmer for DC anybody? Im kidding. 

2 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

He might get a chance to be the HC there in NO. But yeah, he is very interesting. Although there is a good chance he would be kept, if NO hired someone else as HC. 

Mike Zimmer for DC anybody? Im kidding. 

How about Adam Zimmer!  That’s like the next best thing!  😂

KAM: "We're going to dive into this head-coaching search and bring a partner to me and this organization that's going to lead us to where we want to go. We've had some initial conversations, but those have just been initial; obviously, we're going to dive more into it as the week goes on.

"At the same time, I want to get around and meet everybody. When you look at the roster and look at the success of this organization over the long-term, you realize there had to be great people in this building. It's just undoubtable," he continued. "You see a lot of great-character players they kept around, love the family environment and the atmosphere here. I want to get around and meet everybody, know their names, where they sit, what drove them to come here, their passion for football, everything about them.

"Our approach to building this roster will be intentional, thoughtful, thorough and detailed, well-planned. We know the destination — sustained success and championships for these great fans. We know how to get there, it's just having the willingness and the wherewithal and the confidence to make those decisions and stay on the right path."

https://www.vikings.com/news/kwesi-adofo-mensah-head-coach-hire-next-steps?fbclid=IwAR1LTZOOMkwNDxI5FI7mSRt83JSg47VbJnCllN4h22E6hzUVlicef1QHr4E

• Like 1

13 hours ago, swede700 said:

Not surprising.  He likes being with the Giants and if Daboll wants him to stay, he'll stay.  Either way, I think I'd still lean towards whoever the head coach is here to keep Andre Patterson as the sole DC, if he even wants to stay.  The players like him and I think he could do a good job if he's given the full reins without Zimmer over his shoulder.  

A huge chuck of the starting defensive players could/should be gone. 
- Barr, Smith, Patterson, Pearce, Everson, Sheldon but hopefully Hunter is retained

So I’m hoping fresh DC is brought aboard 

Edited by CriminalMind