Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

The Wilfs are swimming in money, and it doesn't count against the cap. I doubt they really care, if they believe in the coach. 

I’d certainly not question their commitment to winning. Seems like we got complacent with the Zimmer, Spielman and Cousins trio. Hopefully Cousins can elevate his game, I truly believe he will be the QB next year if Harbaugh is the coach. But we very well could be a 10+ win team with that group if Fangio fixes the defense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d certainly not question their commitment to winning. Seems like we got complacent with the Zimmer, Spielman and Cousins trio. Hopefully Cousins can elevate his game, I truly believe he will be the QB next year if Harbaugh is the coach. But we very well could be a 10+ win team with that group if Fangio fixes the defense. 

I am not 100% confident that Cousins is the QB next year if Harbaugh is the coach. I think a big appeal of Harbaugh is that he is sort of a QB whisperer, doesn't need someone like Kirk to succeed. He could tell Kwesi, "do your thing if you can get a good deal for Kirk, I can make it work with Mariota, or Minshew or whoever". 

That way, Harbaugh structures new offense around new qb, vikings get the ability to fill out rest of roster with draft picks and free agency players and/or draft a QB to groom (Malik Wllis for example).

Just now, SemperFeist said:

And hope they can hire a lot of young, talented assistant coaches. Because that is an old coaching staff. Lol

Keep Rauscher as an ASST OL coach, and then just bring in a bunch of former players lol

7 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I would still want to keep Andre Patterson too.

As would I, I'm just not sure he'd want to stay though a transition if he's not going to remain the DC.  Nor would I blame him for leaving.

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Harbaugh 
Hamilton
Fangio
Munchak 

That would be a helluva staff.

According to NFL Media, the Giants’ three finalists for offensive coordinator are Texans passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Pep Hamilton, Chiefs passing game coordinator/QBs coach Mike Kafka, and Browns passing game coordinator/receivers coach Chad O’Shea.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/01/pep-hamilton-mike-kafka-chad-oshea-among-finalists-for-giants-oc/

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

I’d love to add him.  I also know that the Browns OL coach Bill Callahan has connections with Jim Harbaugh.

I don’t think Callahan has any intent of leaving the Browns unless it is for an upgraded position like OC, and I don’t even know if he is interested in that at this point in his career.