OG

6’040

Justin Shaffer

UGA

OG

6’035

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

watt's replacement? is he worth a late RD pick?

Nah. He’s more of a H-Back. He’s unlikely to get drafted. If he’s on the team it’s a camp invite. I think this is more out of respect to Cam than it would be serious interest in bringing him in because Watt is awesome on STs. 

Look at the vines on Perrion Winfrey! 35 1/2 on a dude that’s 6’3. I’m an early driver of the Travis Jones bandwagon. I think he’d look great next to Cam. The OT from Michigan, Stueber, is intriguing. UM tackles are a lock to play good, hard nosed,  football for 10+ years in the league.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

KC and Mike Tomlin don't need to mess this up. Make this happen....https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/zion-johnson-interview-i-grew-up-a-big-pittsburgh-steelers-fan/

He could be Decastro, but he could also be Jonathon Cooper from UNC. I like Salyer later, or if it's going to be a 1st round OG pick, Kenyon Green.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He could be Decastro, but he could also be Jonathon Cooper from UNC. I like Salyer later, or if it's going to be a 1st round OG pick, Kenyon Green.

Watching Salyer, Green, and Johnson, I can't recall a more talented trio that, in my opinion, can be all pro at either OT or OG. All 3 guys are extremely talented. There's another OG in this class who is possibly better than all 3 but he has a huge red flag. I'm talking about LSU OG Ed Ingram. He reminds me of the guy from the #56 from the Colts. He was arrested for 2 counts of aggravated sexual assault. Charges were later dropped but I question if the Steelers are willing to go that route. Story below....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theadvertiser.com/amp/2386322001

9 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Watching Salyer, Green, and Johnson, I can't recall a more talented trio that, in my opinion, can be all pro at either OT or OG. All 3 guys are extremely talented. There's another OG in this class who is possibly better than all 3 but he has a huge red flag. I'm talking about LSU OG Ed Ingram. He reminds me of the guy from the #56 from the Colts. He was arrested for 2 counts of aggravated sexual assault. Charges were later dropped but I question if the Steelers are willing to go that route. Story below....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theadvertiser.com/amp/2386322001

I don’t think Green, Salyer, or Johnson are cut out to be OTs in the NFL. Maybe as an emergency option, but not all pro level.

• 2 weeks later...

Would people be happy (assuming no trade back) if the Steelers reached for an OT (Petit-Frere, Faalele, Raimann) rather than take an OG (Greene or Johnson or Linderbaum) with there being more draft depth at that position? The Steelers wont get a crack at the top OT in this draft and it seems unlikely any second tier OTs will make it to them in the 2nd round either.