Conference Championship

Leader

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

A point I can agree with you on.

If you're not going to spend money on special teams players, you need to play the players you are paying to play special teams.

Belichick always put his best players on special teams and never has special teams issues.

Sweet .. we finally agreed on something!!  Carry on.

9 minutes ago, Striker said:

Joe Burrow at 4.21 percent of their cap AND they have 56M in cap room next year. Must be nice.

I tried to make it happen. I tried to get everyone on board with trading Rodgers before his last contract extension.

Imagine the draft haul we could have gotten for him then.

I wasn’t strong enough. My convincing skills weren’t good enough. I could not reach Gute.

But the scariest thing is that, since 2012, I’ve been right. Since 2012, for nearly a decade, we would have had the same number of Super Bowl wins or more without Aaron Rodgers as we had with him.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

we would have smoked the rams

Yep. For some reason Rodgers is reverse of most quarterbacks. Interior pressure he’s mostly fine against. It’s the EDGE rush that kills Aaron.

We’d have been going up against the Bengals in two weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Packers loss aside, this has been the best playoffs that I can remember (in terms of close games, that is, after the Wild Card round) Every game was a 3 point differential. 

Yeah, man what sequence of fantastic games for the league.  Six straight thrillers.  

Man, Kupp and Chase, those guys are fantastic.  It's routine to accept/agree/assume that Davante Adams is the best WR in the NFL.  I But man, those guys are really good players.  

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep. For some reason Rodgers is reverse of most quarterbacks. Interior pressure he’s mostly fine against. It’s the EDGE rush that kills Aaron.

We’d have been going up against the Bengals in two weeks.

and would have felt good about that game.  This year goes with 2011, 2014, and 2020 as the 4 woulda coulda shoulda years

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Striker said:

How bad/ill-prepared must Trey Lance be for Shanahan to stick with Garoppolo all season (while healthy)?

People get wound up enough about our late 1st rounder sitting behind a 2-time MVP, imagine what it would be like if the guy we traded 3 1sts for was sitting behind Garoppolo. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Once again, except for one case of literal salary cap cheating, the Super Bowl winning QB will make under 12% of the salary cap.

And I’ll say the same thing for the next 50 years.

You're forgetting that Goff has a cap hit of over $22m for the Rams this year (third largest on the team). 

So the Rams made the SB with over $42m in cap going to their QB(s). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KFP7 said:

we would have smoked the rams

We weren't going to smoke anyone. Offense still would have struggled, especially without Dillon. Assuming we got MVS back, that would have helped, and maybe 12 plays a better game, but it would have been a close game. 

• Like 1