NEW ERA MOCK

squire12

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

Fair thought.  I think an OL of....

Bahktiari- Runyan - Meyers - Newman - ( Nijman/ Jenkins / draft pick) 

....is a pretty solid OL

Its solid for sure, if we have 4 picks in the top 2 rounds I'd just like to get Newman out of that lineup. He seems like the perfect 6th OL to me, capable of playing LG, RG, RT. I'd get him snapping too. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Its solid for sure, if we have 4 picks in the top 2 rounds I'd just like to get Newman out of that lineup. He seems like the perfect 6th OL to me, capable of playing LG, RG, RT. I'd get him snapping too. 

I can see that.  My focus was to shore up the front 7 and WR positions.  

Probably some options to move around the board to get some players at spots of value 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not ready to bury Newman just yet, but I'd absolutely bring in competition.

I would have liked a talented TE prospect earlier but focusing on positions rather than players I absolutely love the focus on the front 7.

Also like the OT Walker pick, I think he's better than just developmental and we would be fortunate to snag him that late.

I like the moves with our own ufas and erfas.  I see a lot of the over 30 crowd moving on as it should be in a rebuild.  Or even a partial rebuild.  Take those draft choices and use them wisely.  Make sure you have plenty of draft capital in 23 to maneuver in the top 10.   In case Love fails completely and Mariota ends up playing. 

10 hours ago, 15412 said:

I would have liked a talented TE prospect earlier but focusing on positions rather than players I absolutely love the focus on the front 7.

I think TE would be a later acquisition type process.  After market type FA deal.  

10 hours ago, 15412 said:

Also like the OT Walker pick, I think he's better than just developmental and we would be fortunate to snag him that late.

I think Walker could push for snaps as a rookie.  I generally view 4th round or later developmental picks.  

On 1/29/2022 at 10:16 PM, oldmansmell said:

Like the draft, but one other thing is that I just can't believe Devonte would play ball and sign his tag to get traded to Jax. I think you could see it if it's part of the Denver deal, but I'm not sure how many other teams have the space/desire to do this trade who Devonte would also agree to.

Yes, what do you have against Devante to ship him off to Jax?  😉 

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Would not be opposed.   I just don't have a good feel on what his market is going to be.  

You have any thoughts on what a reasonable contract projection he might get ?

Rasul said he's willing to play corner or safety .. could be a valuable piece moving forward.  I think he's a 6-7 mil per year type.

• Like 1