Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC and Dave Ziegler as GM

RaidersAreOne

I have much disdain for this man for how he screwed up my team but realistically he can coach offensive football with the best of them when he's not screen happy. 

don't let him be in charge of personnel or be a de facto GM unless you like to watch the world burn. 

im also intrigued to see who the Pats replace him with. He was a big part of Jones' success this year.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

18 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

There is absolutely no guarantee he gets better, especially as he will likely be asked to make more difficult throws next year. Had a terrible end to the season, will be interesting to see him without McDaniels. I know a lot of Patriot fans are happy to see him go because he is too conservative, be interesting to see how much that had to do with Jones' shortcomings. 

There is a much better chance Jones will get better than not. Especially when you see that 2nd year QBs usually break out.

8 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

There is a much better chance Jones will get better than not. Especially when you see that 2nd year QBs usually break out.

Majority do, but some regress (Baker for e.g). I don't see Mac as a future star, but a guy you can win with in a good situation which he has 

On 1/30/2022 at 11:01 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lots of speciation since McDaniels left Denver

I know this is old, but boy did I get a chuckle out of this, knowing what speciation is. 

I'm a bit surprised by how many fans think this was a decent to good hire. I generally thought he was overall viewed as despicable after what he's done up to this point. Good to hear some positives and feel-goods of others outside the raiders or denvers spectrum. 

• Like 1