NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Links?

ESPN had the Rams at #1 in pass rush win rate at the end of the season. PFF had the Rams #2 in the NFL in pressure rate at the end of the December. The Rams finished #3 in sacks (a stat that involves no subjectivity). PFR has them at #26. 

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

ESPN had the Rams at #1 in pass rush win rate at the end of the season. PFF had the Rams #2 in the NFL in pressure rate at the end of the December. The Rams finished #3 in sacks (a stat that involves no subjectivity). PFR has them at #26. 

PFF also had the Cowboys as the best OL in the NFL when we were objectively terrible the second half of the season and gave up 48% pressure rate against the 9ers  (worst by any team in the playoffs). So forgive me for excluding them.

ESPN win rate also is not subjective, like sacks. Its measured in seconds, not opinions. But I am pretty sure PFR pressure rate is also not subjective. They measure by plays when a defender gets within a yard of the QB, IIRC. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

PFF also had the Cowboys as the best OL in the NFL when we were objectively terrible the second half of the season and gave up 48% pressure rate against the 9ers  (worst by any team in the playoffs). So forgive me for excluding them.

ESPN win rate also is not subjective, like sacks. Its measured in seconds, not opinions. But I am pretty sure PFR pressure rate is also not subjective. They measure by plays when a defender gets within a yard of the QB, IIRC. 

PFF's pressure rate would be based on the same sort of criteria as PFR's. One need only apply the eye test to know that the Rams' defense wasn't one of the worst in the NFL this year at pressuring the QB. The idea that the Rams finished #1 in pass rush win rate, #3 in sacks, and #26 in pressure rate . . . that doesn't make much sense. Ask Tom Brady and Kyler Murray if the Rams can get pressure.

My mind is blown right now that there's actually a debate around whether the Rams can pressure the QB lol.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

PFF's pressure rate would be based on the same sort of criteria as PFR's. One need only apply the eye test to know that the Rams' defense wasn't one of the worst in the NFL this year at pressuring the QB. The idea that the Rams finished #1 in pass rush win rate, #3 in sacks, and #26 in pressure rate . . . that doesn't make much sense. Ask Tom Brady and Kyler Murray if the Rams can get pressure. The Rams pressured both on around 40% of their snaps.

My mind is blown right now that there's actually a debate around whether the Rams can pressure the QB lol.

Is it a debate or a conversation? Most of us didnt watch but a few Rams games. 

42 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

1. Ramsey is better than any CB - by far - than the Bengals have played all season. Williams regressed this year, but our pass defense was very good overall, and as jrry pointed out, we do a good job of limiting those explosives.

2. This is a fairly crazy question, IMO. Do you think Awuzie and Apple can really cover Kupp and OBJ man to man? It's more likely that the Bengals would have to drop 8 into coverage. But unlike the Chiefs, we will just run the ball. But if Stafford has time, Kupp or OBJ should be able to get open.

We also pressured the Bucs closer to 40% of dropbacks, so it's not a given that it will only be 25%.

Is it crazy?  They did a great job on those scrubs Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce.

I think a lot of us look at the Tennessee game under a magnifying glass in terms of the Bengals offensive line, because when you get down to it, they weren't even the worst OL in the division. KC isn't a good pass rush measuring stick compared to the Rams but the Bengals were way better this past week than the week before.

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theJ said:
47 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

2. This is a fairly crazy question, IMO. Do you think Awuzie and Apple can really cover Kupp and OBJ man to man? It's more likely that the Bengals would have to drop 8 into coverage. But unlike the Chiefs, we will just run the ball. But if Stafford has time, Kupp or OBJ should be able to get open.

We also pressured the Bucs closer to 40% of dropbacks, so it's not a given that it will only be 25%.

Is it crazy?  They did a great job on those scrubs Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce.

Chido is massively underrated. I have never seen a more unlucky DB in the world. He was always in perfect position, then the QB would throw a dime that was finger tip caught by the WR. It was unreal. It felt like 25%-50% of the receptions he gave up with us were miracle catches. 

59 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hill and Kelce both had respectable games, and they're different types of weapons than a guy like Kupp.

i honestly don't know what was crazy about the question.  i came here to discuss x's and o's, but seems we're getting into appendage measuring contests.  i'll go back to following the twitter analysists.  peace out guys!  enjoy the game!