2021 Super Bowl GDT Thread: (4) Rams vs (4) Bengals

NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

Isnt like the entire Rams coordinator staff getting poached after the game? Which would likely mean they have all been interviewing this past week? 

Could be a factor. Probably not, but each person handles that stuff differently. 

Edited by Matts4313

55 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was more or less joking - heck, I once said Blake Bortles is going to be the next hot HC because he was a backup QB for McVay. (If Josh McCown and McVay crossed paths at some point, I might actually like that eventual disaster...)

Truth be told... Kevin O'Connell was my #1 option at HC for the Texans BECAUSE he was from the McVay tree. 

Raheem will be better IMO 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Isnt like the entire Rams coordinator staff getting poached after the game? Which would likely mean they have all been interviewing this past week? 

Could be a factor. Probably not, but each person handles that stuff differently. 

If there’s a team that’s use to it, it’s the rams. Pretty nutty and annoying tbh. Staley one hurt the most. 

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

It was snarky for a while because of things like Kliff Kingsbury being hired as HC because he interviewed with McVay for a consultant job with the Rams. It was almost a meme about how you had a good chance to be an NFL HC if you had coffee with McVay.

Yea I remember all that - and of course, ironically, Staley and Taylor had a winning record and made the playoffs respectively.

LaFleur, who was under McVay, and Kingsbury who people made that joke about - both in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yea I remember all that - and of course, ironically, Staley and Taylor had a winning record and made the playoffs respectively.

LaFleur, who was under McVay, and Kingsbury who people made that joke about - both in the playoffs.

David Tennant No GIF by Doctor Who

• Like 1

Ok so this narrative that the media is putting out there that the Bengals are playing with "house money" need to stop. I think its very disrespectful. The reason is bc its hard to not only get to a Superbowl but win. I believe Burrow is capable of getting to multiple Superbowls but its no lock. Just ask as young Cam Newton when everyone looked at him in an even more favorable way than Burrow. He took the Panthers to the Superbowl and people just assumed he would be back and he hasnt and more than likely wont ever be back.

I look at Drew Brees who took the Saints to the Superbowl and yes he won but he never got back. ARod took the Packers to the Superbowl and won but he never has gotten back. So the media is saying and Im sure there are alot of fans thinking the same that the Bengals have nothing to lose thats far from the truth. They need to capitalize on this moment and not just think that they will be back bc its not a given.

• Like 1