2021 Super Bowl GDT Thread: (4) Rams vs (4) Bengals

NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

23 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

True... is it crazy that there isn't a kicker i trust more right now than McPherson.  Crazy to say with Tucker still in the league.

Not at all.  I don't even leave the room when he lines up to kick.  

It's also not crazy to think that the Bengals defense struggles early, then makes the adjustments.  Did it both games against KC and also the Titans game.  I bet Marvin fell out of his chair with those (he once said halftime adjustments were a myth 🤣)  even though he later clarified the comment slightly

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

You maybe right 

There as good offensively as Buffalo

And Green  Bay I believe you lost to both of them

Also are your scoring averages up or down sense Obj arrived.

Down, I believe. But I think that has more to do with the weakness of our opponents early in the season. I don't think we played Buffalo this year.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, decent, at least one game. He seems to have better concentration, running sharper routes and not trying to one hand catch everything.

That said, 6 of his 8 regular season games with the Rams were under 40 yards. He isn't all that talented anymore. Capable. A decent #2, which works in his situation.

I think there will be 5 interceptions in the SB. What is the record for both teams combined?

I'd say probably better than a decent #2 if he has his head in the game. Keep in mind that he came here without knowing the offense. That played some role in his lack of production. I think Tee Higgins is better than OBJ, but OBJ is still a good player. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Not at all.  I don't even leave the room when he lines up to kick.  

It's also not crazy to think that the Bengals defense struggles early, then makes the adjustments.  Did it both games against KC and also the Titans game.  I bet Marvin fell out of his chair with those (he once said halftime adjustments were a myth 🤣)  even though he later clarified the comment slightly

I'm still mad at him for missing against Green Bay.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd say probably better than a decent #2 if he has his head in the game. Keep in mind that he came here without knowing the offense. That played some role in his lack of production. I think Tee Higgins is better than OBJ, but OBJ is still a good player. 

Yeah depends on your definition of decent and how he does going forward. As long as he is catching balls that is a big part of it. He still doesn't adjust to balls in the air very well (or just gives up) which used to be his #1 trait. He does show better effort in the endzone, which is what he plays for.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Down, I believe. But I think that has more to do with the weakness of our opponents early in the season. I don't think we played Buffalo this year.

Anyways thanks for excellent post.

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why are your away jerseys like an off gray? These white away jerseys look so clean.

The idea they had was for it to be the color of a Ram horn (which is why they call it "bone").

I actually like the bone jersey with yellow pants.

But I agree about this white jersey - I'm biased obviously but I don't think there's a better uniform out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, decent, at least one game. He seems to have better concentration, running sharper routes and not trying to one hand catch everything.

That said, 6 of his 8 regular season games with the Rams were under 40 yards. He isn't all that talented anymore. Capable. A decent #2, which works in his situation.

I think there will be 5 interceptions in the SB. What is the record for both teams combined?

OBJ has done much better than just one good game, it's been all three in the playoffs:

Against the Cardinals, he had 4/54/1 with a 40 yard pass. He had a TD and then two big plays that led to the other two offensive TDs.

Against the Bucs, he had 6/69 - over a full season this would translate to 96/1104.

Obviously he torched the Niners.

I disagree about the talent - IMO he's a number one WR, who just happens to be not getting many targets because of Kupp.

34 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I’m so excited about this game! Anything could happen. I wouldn’t be shocked if Cincy won but I’ll be devastated. Really wanna see how Joe Drip does against this rams D. Floyd is due for a breakout game 

Ive got a question for you, and the masses, about Burrow. You said in another thread that he is going to be a great/elite QB. If he chokes hard in this game, does that change your perception? Were talking a 50%cmp, 60 rating, <5 any/a, 1td-3 turnovers type game. Obviously in this scenario, they also lose. Because if you have a crap game at QB and your team wins, nobody cares. 

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I disagree about the talent - IMO he's a number one WR, who just happens to be not getting many targets because of Kupp.

You're entitled to your opinion. He can't beat an average #1 corner with athleticism though and he doesn't win 50/50 balls anymore so I wouldn't trust him as my #1.

He has been more effective in the playoffs. Catching 19 of 23 targets. He only caught 56% with the Rams in the regular season and averaged less yards than with the Browns this year. His targets actually went up a little with the Rams but his YPC went down. The TDs certainly helped.

I don't expect him back with the Rams next year because they won't have the cap and if others believe he is a #1 he will get close to what he was expected to make and the Rams just can't afford it. It was a fortunate signing though with Woods going down.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. He can't beat an average #1 corner with athleticism though and he doesn't win 50/50 balls anymore so I wouldn't trust him as my #1.

He has been more effective in the playoffs. Catching 19 of 23 targets. He only caught 56% with the Rams in the regular season and averaged less yards than with the Browns this year. His targets actually went up a little with the Rams but his YPC went down. The TDs certainly helped.

I don't expect him back with the Rams next year because they won't have the cap and if others believe he is a #1 he will get close to what he was expected to make and the Rams just can't afford it. It was a fortunate signing though with Woods going down.

You have a vested interest in that opinion so I don't blame you.

Quite a few of us want the Rams to keep him at any cost.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

You have a vested interest in that opinion so I don't blame you.

Quite a few of us want the Rams to keep him at any cost.

You mean trading Woods' contract? Being 14 million over right now would make it tough to Give OBJ 15-18 million. I'm sure they will cut some contracts but I don't see a way they can Pay Kupp, Woods and OBJ over 15 each with their other big contracts. It surely wouldn't seem like a priority but heck, it would be fun to see them try.