49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Yeah, agree on Safety being the pick too. Seems like the talent will lineup will be there so value will be good too. I do think of and Edge drops and there’s still a safety there that they like, I think will overspend and trade up again. Just seems to be our MO to move on guys we like or move out when we don’t. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we go Safety, I feel like its a lock that we are taking our two thirds and moving up higher in the third to make sure that we get a center. 

Particularly one with real guard flexibility that can play this year if needed to push Banks and Brunskill and give us more shots at having average or better at those spots. Dylan Parham or Cole Strange just seem ideal. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we go Safety, I feel like its a lock that we are taking our two thirds and moving up higher in the third to make sure that we get a center. 

I know we drafted banks but I still feel like this regime doesn’t care about IOL. They obviously pay out for centers, so on that point, a trade up would make sense, but they seemed so content with Brunskill at RG.

imo we could drsft 3 IOL and it wild to be a waste.

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Particularly one with real guard flexibility that can play this year if needed to push Banks and Brunskill and give us more shots at having average or better at those spots. Dylan Parham or Cole Strange just seem ideal. 

Definitely like Parham, I picked him a couple of times in mocks, so hopefully he makes it to 61. Seems to be very versatile which Kyle likes. 

Increasing smoke about the Panthers acquiring Jimmy or Baker for next season. A couple of Observer beat reporters have put out articles on it recently and now Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that Carolina has the inside track on Baker. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Increasing smoke about the Panthers acquiring Jimmy or Baker for next season. A couple of Observer beat reporters have put out articles on it recently and now Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that Carolina has the inside track on Baker. 

We may not have a first round pick, but I may have to watch just for the news that will come out for these possible trade rumors. Not saying Jimmy or Baker will go for firsts, but I would imagine it will come out on draft day. 

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

We may not have a first round pick, but I may have to watch just for the news that will come out for these possible trade rumors. Not saying Jimmy or Baker will go for firsts, but I would imagine it will come out on draft day. 

I'd wager it's Baker who is more likely, if only because I think he's healthy now. The Panthers beat writers have seemed to indicate the preference may be Jimmy, but the injury is an issue

4 hours ago, Forge said:

You can admit to being crock any time now @J-ALL-DAY

You'll never convince @N4L and myself that you're not

What's even funnier is Jack Hammer wrote an article after our convo on Deebo/Bosa saying Bosa should not be paid and listed the reasons used for Deebo… Almost word to word on what I laid out here lol. 

Glad people are catching up on some of the BS reasons used not to play Deebo. If you believe no WR should be paid that much? No problem but the other reasons? Nope. 

• Like 3

I love Deebo and if he’s still on the team when I get my next dog, that’s the name. An honor so far only Willis and Bowman were worthy of. That said, I just don’t value the WR position like some do. I’d rather have two good WR than one great one and don’t believe in over paying for one because of it. If I’m giving out the kind of money we’re talking about for Deebo, it’s for a QB, LT, DE or CB. That’s just me though. 

Hope we can find a way to keep the guy though. His hustle and physicality bring the rest of the team up. 

• Like 1

I mean, I get not liking the value. I get it. But like Buckner. This is not a moment to get cute. I’d rather deal overpaying for a great player than dealing with another high pick bust. Anyone complaining about paying deebo is nit picking. If we got a haul for him, I’d be ok. But anything less than a first and a second would be a steal. Deebo might not age well, but thats why you protect yourself with a contract and paraag, generally speaking, has some that well.

• Like 1

I've been torn.

I love what Deebo brings to not only this offense but the team as a whole. His swagger, physicality and just the flat out DAWG in him is what I feel every team needs.

But like @straighthate said, I typically don't value the WR position as much as most. That's why I was vehemently against trading for a guy like OBJ for years. I tend to believe that in this day and age, the talent@WR is unprecedented and you just have to do your homework but you can keep that talent coming in as long as you do so. I look at the Steelers as a perfect example of an organization who just knows how to scout the position and how it applies to their offense.

I will understand paying Deebo top dollar. I will also understand entertaining a good haul for his services. I'm content, either way I guess.

• Like 2