49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

So, I've had this for a whileĀ to keep track of the roster:Ā https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AV4ZcdsIcOA7V21uJjJnHl7Japp6QVLGaXackM2On04/edit?usp=sharing

Ā 

Since our WRs often share the old positional roles - any of themĀ may be on or off the line of scrimmage and in and out of the slot - I found it more useful to categorize them by the typical route trees that they run. Speed guys take the deep clearout routes and home run shots with some other stuff thrown in as a change up. Gadget guys take screens and weird Shanahan ideas along with getting first dibs on the deep overs and in routes that are super high value in the offense. Size guys run a lot of stick and option routes on third down and add fades and back shoulder fades very, very occasionally. For the linebackers, the SAM is on the field so rarely that I put it as an addendum rather than a starter. Same for dime linebacker/moneybacker. I personally have found my spreadsheet more useful than some others, so I thought I'd share it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

So, I've had this for a whileĀ to keep track of the roster:Ā https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AV4ZcdsIcOA7V21uJjJnHl7Japp6QVLGaXackM2On04/edit?usp=sharing

Ā 

Since our WRs often share the old positional roles - any of themĀ may be on or off the line of scrimmage and in and out of the slot - I found it more useful to categorize them by the typical route trees that they run. Speed guys take the deep clearout routes and home run shots with some other stuff thrown in as a change up. Gadget guys take screens and weird Shanahan ideas along with getting first dibs on the deep overs and in routes that are super high value in the offense. Size guys run a lot of stick and option routes on third down and add fades and back shoulder fades very, very occasionally. For the linebackers, the SAM is on the field so rarely that I put it as an addendum rather than a starter. Same for dime linebacker/moneybacker. I personally have found my spreadsheet more useful than some others, so I thought I'd share it.

Much appreciated šŸ‘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Ā 

Agree with 757, this is a nice little visual that I am to lazy to put the work in but is very nice to look at.Ā  Bunch of good souls on this site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Ā 

I'm doing the same thing, actually, and I got the roster at 90 guys. Does anyone else have 90? I've seen people on Twitter say we're at 88 or 89.

54 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm doing the same thing, actually, and I got the roster at 90 guys. Does anyone else have 90? I've seen people on Twitter say we're at 88 or 89.

Iā€™ve heard 89. I think it was Lombardi. He mentioned Gutierrez doesnā€™t count against the 90 since heā€™s an international player šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

20 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I have them at 90 with Gutierrez, 91 is the Mason UDFA signing is true, not sure if Lombardi is right or not, he probably is, so that means we'd be at the max of 90.

How long do we get the exception for Gutierrez?Ā 

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

How long do we get the exception for Gutierrez?Ā 

Only for the offseason/pre-season, they cut him, if he gets claimed, he gets to be on a teams 53, if he stays on the PS, we don't pay him, the league does, and he doesn't count towards the PS limit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

I have them at 90 with Gutierrez, 91 is the Mason UDFA signing is true, not sure if Lombardi is right or not, he probably is, so that means we'd be at the max of 90.

Ah, Mason is the one I have that I didn't see many other places. Thanks!

• Like 1