49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Who knows where this franchise is right now if that TO isn't called but man, that changes alot of players/coaches fates and franchise perspective if we score and hold on for Lombardi #6.

Yep, if Harbaugh wins a SB in year two, he's getting that extension he wanted and stays for at least a few more seasons. 

Still not sure why he did that...Actually I do since damn near every single play was snapped with a second left and we had so many delay of game penalties but that was a bad timeout man. Perfect play call against the defense the Ravens called.

I still recall the missed two point conversion and how Reed just took and blitzed Kap on his own. Such a high IQ play that prevented us from tying the game. 

Ravens were not the better team but they had more battled tested players and were more ready for start of the game. 

• Like 2

I'm looking at comparable contracts for Laken Tomlinson and these are ones that I think are reasonable:

• Rodger Saffold: 4-yr $44mil / $11mil AAV / Signed in 2019 at the age of 30
  • Gabe Jackson: 3-yr $22.6mil / $7.5mil AAV / Signed in 2021 at the age of 29
  • Kevin Zeitler: 3-yr $22.5mil / $7.5 mil AAV / Signed in 2021 at the age of 31

Laken is 29 this year. I feel like Saffold's deal might be the high-end of his range due to the age at which he's signing his deal this year. My guess is that it's a 3-yr deal around $9 mil AAV? I think that seems fair for him. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm looking at comparable contracts for Laken Tomlinson and these are ones that I think are reasonable:

• Rodger Saffold: 4-yr $44mil / $11mil AAV / Signed in 2019 at the age of 30
  • Gabe Jackson: 3-yr $22.6mil / $7.5mil AAV / Signed in 2021 at the age of 29
  • Kevin Zeitler: 3-yr $22.5mil / $7.5 mil AAV / Signed in 2021 at the age of 31

Laken is 29 this year. I feel like Saffold's deal might be the high-end of his range due to the age at which he's signing his deal this year. My guess is that it's a 3-yr deal around $9 mil AAV? I think that seems fair for him. 

Jackson and Zeitler are right guards, not left guards. That can matter (Zeitler was also coming off a situation where he was injury plagued and coming off being cut, I'm pretty sure). 

Left guards would also include Cody Whitehair, Ereck Flowers, Andrus Peat who all make 10+ as well. 

These deals are also signed on lower cap hits. For example, Whitehair's deal was signed in 2019 to start in 2020 at his age 28 season, so yeah, he's younger, but its offset by inflation. The cap in 2019 was 188M with a realistic projection of 10+M the following year. Laken is signing his deal on a cap of 208M with a projection of possibly 20M increase the following year. 

I think 9 would be a nice compromise and I hope he'll make it...but I think he's well within his rights to ask for 10. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Jackson and Zeitler are right guards, not left guards. That can matter (Zeitler was also coming off a situation where he was injury plagued and coming off being cut, I'm pretty sure). 

Left guards would also include Cody Whitehair, Ereck Flowers, Andrus Peat who all make 10+ as well. 

These deals are also signed on lower cap hits. For example, Whitehair's deal was signed in 2019 to start in 2020 at his age 28 season, so yeah, he's younger, but its offset by inflation. The cap in 2019 was 188M with a realistic projection of 10+M the following year. Laken is signing his deal on a cap of 208M with a projection of possibly 20M increase the following year. 

I think 9 would be a nice compromise and I hope he'll make it...but I think he's well within his rights to ask for 10. 

I didn't include Flowers since he was 4 years younger than Laken at the time of his signing. Factoring in being on the left side probably does increase his value, but I think his age also plays a role. He's exiting his athletic prime and I think that could work against him in negotiations. 

The interesting thing will be to see what he does if the Niners offer $9mil AAV and another team offers something like $12mil AAV. Does he stick with the team that he loves and continues to play beside the best LT in the game and a close friend, or does he take the money and run? 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Someone saw our posts about Beck lol.

But yeah as @Justone2 said, doesn't really make sense for him to coach when he can make more in the offseasons. 

I believe Middlekauf and Guy said that too. Why not just go back to doing what you like to do and make more money.

I think this guy is losing it.. Raiders should trade us a 2nd rounder and their 2nd round pick from last year for Jimmy, not because he is a better player but because he is a better culture fit than Derek Carr (who is still under contract)

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Someone saw our posts about Beck lol.

But yeah as @Justone2 said, doesn't really make sense for him to coach when he can make more in the offseasons. 

Only reason is if you really want that buzz of winning or have a dream to be a head coach. Else especially as a QB coach you are better off with what Beck is doing.

56 minutes ago, adamq said:

I think this guy is losing it.. Raiders should trade us a 2nd rounder and their 2nd round pick from last year for Jimmy, not because he is a better player but because he is a better culture fit than Derek Carr (who is still under contract)

I'd take Carr 10 times out of 10 over Jimmy and it's not debatable. No way Jimmy goes there and does better with Gruden/Mayock mucking up that roster/locker room. From what I heard/seen from Carr he's a standup guy who players rally behind. Nothing wrong with Carr if you give him the tools to succeed.

• Like 3

Was looking at Bosa's playoff stats and in six games the man has 8 sacks and 13 TFLs. Sheesh! He turns into a different type of monster in the playoffs.

Saying that, what is the LEAST amount of compensation we would need to get in return for him for you to even think about dealing him before giving him extension? 

• Like 2