49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see a Brady deal happening. I think Lance is the guy we roll with.

I'd be all for it (if the cost was a draft pick or two) but yeah, cap wise it's just not going to happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

I'd be all for it (if the cost was a draft pick or two) but yeah, cap wise it's just not going to happen.

It's not going to happen because Kyle and Lynch jobs depend on the success of Lance. Every year is different and we cant guarantee a Superbowl with Tom Brady. If they won then cool but if they didn't and we wasted a year of developing Lance on his cheap contract. We wasted time. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

It would be nice but as Guy and Middlekauff mentioned on their podcast, would Brady really come after we passed on his two years ago?

I think you/ham have this backwards. 

Brady needs to convince Kyle to allow him to come to SF, not the other way around. 

We are clearly comfortable with rolling with Lance. For us to start anyone else, it would have to be a sweetheart deal. This is why I say the only way I want Brady is for the vet min and if he gets Tampa to release him, rather than give them any picks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think you/ham have this backwards. 

Brady needs to convince Kyle to allow him to come to SF, not the other way around. 

We are clearly comfortable with rolling with Lance. For us to start anyone else, it would have to be a sweetheart deal. This is why I say the only way I want Brady is for the vet min and if he gets Tampa to release him, rather than give them any picks. 

This is exactly how I feel. 

If Engram can be brought in on a cheap deal I think it makes a ton of sense. Yes, his injuries in the past are a massive issue. Especially with how our team seems to not be able to get over them. 1 year 5 million would you guys take him? I'm not sure his market will be good with the deep FA TE class. Maybe they can do a 2 year deal with a low first year like Ebukam last year.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Engram can be brought in on a cheap deal I think it makes a ton of sense. Yes, his injuries in the past are a massive issue. Especially with how our team seems to not be able to get over them. 1 year 5 million would you guys take him? I'm not sure his market will be good with the deep FA TE class. Maybe they can do a 2 year deal with a low first year like Ebukam. 

I'll say the same thing I told Jordan...it really makes no sense for Engram. He's not rebuilding value here. He's coming here to a run heavy team (and he's not an inline blocker) where's he's going to be the fifth option. If he signs here, his agent is giving him bad advice. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Engram can be brought in on a cheap deal I think it makes a ton of sense. Yes, his injuries in the past are a massive issue. Especially with how our team seems to not be able to get over them. 1 year 5 million would you guys take him? I'm not sure his market will be good with the deep FA TE class. 

I feel like Shanny has been trying to upgrade the #2 TE position for a while and it’s just hasn’t panned out, whether that’s due to injury or just not having the right player. If I recall correctly, the NINERS had interest in Engram a year or two ago.

anyway, yes, I could definitely see the Niners upgrading the #2 TE spot with a offensive threat, whether that be through FA or the draft ( some good TE receiving threats in this draft), I think this is the year we finally get a weapon at that spot

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll say the same thing I told Jordan...it really makes no sense for Engram. He's not rebuilding value here. He's coming here to a run heavy team (and he's not an inline blocker) where's he's going to be the fifth option. If he signs here, his agent is giving him bad advice. 

Lol yeah, that is true. Miami might be a good fit for him. They will be run heavy and probably will also sign a TE who can block but they need weapons. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

I’d rather go after Njoku personally. Another name to consider is OJ Howard; I loved him coming out of Alabama. Saying Howard has underperformed would be a huge understatement, but maybe Shanny could get some of that talent he showed at Bama out. He’d probably be on the cheaper side of things as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’d rather go after Njoku personally. Another name to consider is OJ Howard; I loved him coming out of Alabama. Saying Howard has underperformed would be a huge understatement, but maybe Shanny could get some of that talent he showed at Bama out. He’d probably be on the cheaper side of things as well.

Njoku I think is probably out of our price range. Yeah id love Howard as well. End of the day if we sign one of these guys it'll have to be cheap. 

12 hours ago, Forge said:

My TE2 or 3 FA big board:

1. Mo Alie-Cox

2. Lee Smith

3. MyCole Pruitt

4. Eric Saubert

5. Johnny Mundt

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

My TE2 or 3 FA big board:

1. Mo Alie-Cox

2. Lee Smith

3. MyCole Pruitt

4. Eric Saubert

5. Johnny Mundt

The TE  Chigoziem Okonkwo out of Maryland looks like a nice later round grab

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/22/2022-nfl-draft-te-prospect-chigoziem-okonkwo/?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

• Like 1