Stafford vs Rodgers

rocky_rams

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

That's not how it works. 

2010, 2011, 2014, 2020, and 2021 are all the times in his career that the Packers have been a legitimate contender. 2011 and 2021 are the only times where he was a primary reason why they lost.

So what you’re saying is that Rodgers is 1 for 5 in winning the Super Bowl as a legit contender and Stafford might be 1 for 1 after this weekend?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers on the Rams sweep every team in the playoffs. He has Adams but what else? The man hasn’t had a good deep threat in god knows how long. Valdez Scantling is a deep threat but far from a good one, and a very average player at best. Lazard is overrated and a WR4 on most teams. 

Rodgers with OBJ, Kupp, and Higbee? Sweet jesus. 

It comes down to trust though. Yes if you want to say Lazard is overrated and ARod doesnt have weapons outside of Adams Ill give you that but when Lazard is wide open by a country mile and probably wouldve scored a td if ARod threw to him but instead he forced the ball into double coverage to Adams down the field that shouldve been picked off, how can you defend that? Better yet how can you defend the fact that once Lewis fumbled, ARod only threw to Adams and Jones the rest of the game? 

Football is a team sport. Not every team is going to be perfect from top to bottom. If ARod is that QB and they brought in LaFleur to put the offense in position to succeed then you expect ARod to bring the best out of other guys that arent elite. You expect him to hit a Lazard who is wide open and trust that he will make the play. When Higbee went down in the Niners game, Stafford had to rely on Kendall Blanton an undraft pick in 2019 to make plays. Guess what? Stafford went to him and he delivered. McVay schemed up a few plays for him in not just the Niners game but the Bucs game and he delivered. Skowronek dropped a wide open td pass against the Niners. You dont think that if given the chance Stafford wont still throw him the ball again in the Superbowl? He will. So its not all about having everything perfect around you. Saying that ARod dont have this player and that player on team is a cop out especially if you are saying he is one of the best QBs all-time.

1 hour ago, Tightspiral7 said:

I'm still relatively new here, but just in a day I've now seen Matt Stafford compared to Aaron Rodgers, Dan Fouts, and Warren Moon.

And this, is exhibit A for how a SB run can cause a QB to become astronomically overrated.

So do you think Stafford is overrated?

Stafford is a product of being a super talented player drafted by a terrible franchise and being stuck there. Stafford isnt the type to try to force his way out. If I had to use a comparison Id say Stafford is sorta like Kevin Garnett of the NBA. Garnett was this great player but was stuck on a bad Timberwolves team so he didnt win. He made the playoffs eight consecutive times with the Timberwolves but got bounced in the 1st round and alot of them were sweeps so he didnt even get a single playoff win in a series. His last playoff run with the Timberwolves he did lead them to the Western Conference Finals and they lost. He finally had enough and saw the writing on the wall and wanted out. He wanted to be on a team where he could win a title. Thats when he joined the Celtics with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. The very first season with the Celtics he wins a championship by beating the Lakers. The second season they went back to the Finals and lost to those same Lakers. Then the third season and his final season with the Celtics they went to the Eastern Conference Finals and they lost in 7 games to the Big 3 in Miami with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh.

We then found out that Garnett said he wish he wouldve left the Timberwolves sooner than he did. The guy literally went won a championship, went to another NBA Finals losing in 7 games, and an Easter Conference losing in 7 games right after he left the Timberwolves which is a bad franchise. So he found instant success leaving a bad franchise and going to an historical great franchise in Boston. His legacy is cemented now. So thats what Stafford his done. He went from a bad franchise in Detroit to a great franchise with the Rams and he has found instant success. Stafford is not overrated and I do think its fair to compare him to ARod bc if Stafford played in Green Bay for as long as ARod has Id go on the record to say he would have just as much if not more success than ARod. Now Im not saying Stafford would be a multi MVP winner. He certainly wouldnt be (1-4) in NFCCG and only having one Superbowl appearance. It wouldnt shock me if Stafford and the Rams be back in the Superbowl next season or the season after next. It definitely wouldnt shock me if Stafford lead the Rams to three straight NFCCG. So I just think that we have to put everything into perspective with Stafford and understand he spent his entire career outside of this season with Detroit. He had his moments and he put up great numbers. Now he is with a great franchise and he has found instant success. ARod has been with an historical great franchise since he stepped in the league. 

26 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Yes, because Stafford was forced to sign multiple massive extensions while in Detroit.

No he wasn’t forced to sign but you know if he didn’t sign then he would’ve been franchise tagged twice and if he got hurt on a franchise tag then he would really be at the mercy of the franchise to end up not getting a long term security either for the Lions or any team bc he got hurt and didn’t sign. That’s just how the NFL is. 

The NBA is different. KD can get hurt with a serious Achilles and still teams are lining up for him knowing he will sit out a year plus not knowing how he will be coming back from injury he still will get a big contract. Again that’s not the NFL so players have to get their money while they can. 

50 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No he wasn’t forced to sign but you know if he didn’t sign then he would’ve been franchise tagged twice and if he got hurt on a franchise tag then he would really be at the mercy of the franchise to end up not getting a long term security either for the Lions or any team bc he got hurt and didn’t sign. That’s just how the NFL is. 

TBF anyone who gets franchised probably has way more long-term security than you or I, as the salary is guaranteed and for premium positions it's into the 8 figures.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Just a rough estim, but if he gets hurt in his first year while franchised, he'd have already made $100 million.

And even if he did get hurt, teams would have still thrown massive money his way. The only person to blame for Matthew Stafford being in Detroit for 12 years is Matthew Stafford.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:13 PM, Sugashane said:

Rodgers and it isn't even close.

Stafford looks amazing because he is taking off where Goff left off and has a hell of a cast. Rodgers is an all time great regardless of being a dbag or not. 

Stafford being more likable doesn't mean he is a comparable talent. 

Stafford seems to be a pretty decent guy but I don't think Rodgers is the douchbag so many characterize him to be either.  Why we label people we never met one way or another is unfathomable to me.  

On 2/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, Bullet Club said:

That's not how it works. 

2010, 2011, 2014, 2020, and 2021 are all the times in his career that the Packers have been a legitimate contender. 2011 and 2021 are the only times where he was a primary reason why they lost.

Rodgers played like crap in this past divisional playoff game but I submit the Packers having historically one of THE worst ST units in the NFL was a bigger reason for that loss.

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

Stafford seems to be a pretty decent guy but I don't think Rodgers is the douchbag so many characterize him to be either.  Why we label people we never met one way or another is unfathomable to me.  

He is my favorite offensive draft prospect and we drafted Benson over him, then I've watched him beat the hell out of the Bears for 15ish years. That is complete betrayal. 

He's a dbag to me for life lol