Stafford vs Rodgers

rocky_rams

In light of Rodgers consistent underwhelming playoff performances and Stafford playing lights out recently, would you take Stafford or Rodgers now? 

Maybe it’s recency bias, but Stafford showed how clutch and good he can be with a talented team 

Or maybe it’s too far fetched. 

anyways who would you guys have for one season

13 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

In light of Rodgers consistent underwhelming playoff performances and Stafford playing lights out recently, would you take Stafford or Rodgers now? 

Maybe it’s recency bias, but Stafford showed how clutch and good he can be with a talented team 

Or maybe it’s too far fetched. 

anyways who would you guys have for one season

It is recency bias.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:12 AM, ET80 said:

No, it's absolutely recency bias. If you flipped those two around and give Rodgers the WRs and HC that Stafford has, Rodgers would have swept his way through the playoffs.

Yep very true.

One of the worst threads on this board was the one recently saying that you shouldn't use supporting cast as an argument for how good a QB is (I could be misremembering this though). Stafford took that concept and obliterated it this year.

I love Matt.

But the Rams would probably be in the Super Bowl with:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Watson, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Dak, Jackson

Possibly Carr, Ryan and Murray

Playoffs with most any other QB (I mean, we made it with Goff last year...)

I honestly dont blame anyone for picking Stafford. ARod literally keep coming up short in the playoffs, in particularly the NFCCG. Thats a reason why when people say Burrow and the Bengals are playing with "house money" thats ridiculous. We dont know if Burrow and the Bengals will ever get back to the Superbowl again. Saying that they are playing with house money is assuming that they will get back again so if they lose its not that big of a deal.

ARod supposed to have gotten back to the Superbowl multiple times but never did. Stafford in his first year with the Rams got to the Superbowl. The Rams as an organization under McVay has proven they can get to multiple Superbowls. Im going to say that if Stafford continues his success over the next 4-5 years and the Rams get to at least another Superbowl thus Stafford having two Superbowls under his belt and winning one of them then yes Ill take Stafford bc he would be doing something ARod has done. He would be succeeding in the playoffs with a successful organization and talented team around him. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 2:14 PM, biggie. said:

It is recency bias.

I dont necessarily think it is for ARod side of things. He has now a big body of work that shows he literally comes up short in the playoffs. 

With Stafford I agree this is recency bias but in defense Stafford said all he wanted was an opportunity to play in the big games and he has and he has shine. The ironic thing is people praise ARod for not throwing ints but safe is what gets him eliminated from the playoffs. He only trust two guys on the Packers and thats Adams and Jones. He dont throw to other guys in the playoffs bc he dont trust them.

Stafford on the other hand people bash him for throwing ints but him taking chances with other people not name Kupp is what helped the Rams get to the Superbowl. OBJ had to be big in the playoffs for the Rams to advance. A guy like Blanton who didnt do a thing in the regular season had to step up big in the playoffs when Higbee got hurt. ARod saw Lewis fumbled once in the cold and the second he saw that he stopped going to him and nobody else other than Adams and Jones. The Niners secondary is weak but ARod made it easier for them bc all they had to do was cover Adams and Jones even leaving Lazard wide open bc they knew ARod isnt looking for nobody other than Adams and Jones.

Stafford picked apart that same Niners secondary bc he is willing to go to OBJ, Blanton, Jefferson, and Akers bc he trust that his guys will make plays. The Niners had no answers either. So again thats the biggest difference from what I see in ARod and Stafford. If ARod start to trust his teammates more and take some chances the Packers could win more in the playoffs. 

• Like 1