Stafford vs Rodgers

rocky_rams

On 1/31/2022 at 9:12 AM, ET80 said:

No, it's absolutely recency bias. If you flipped those two around and give Rodgers the WRs and HC that Stafford has, Rodgers would have swept his way through the playoffs.

Hell, I'd settle for a halfway decent ST performance and I'd take you on those odds.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Stafford needed a perfect situation to do what he did and almost blew it twice already. Rodgers won a ring and made multiple NFCCG. 

Stafford finally had one season in his career with a truly great roster and good coaching around him and he's basically accomplished what Rodgers has been able to do once in 17 seasons.

Edited by fortdetroit
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

Stafford finally had one season in his career with a truly great roster and good coaching around him and he's basically accomplished what Rodgers has been able to do once in 17 seasons.

How many times has Rodgers had a roster like this around him. I'll wait

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Stafford needed a perfect situation to do what he did and almost blew it twice already. Rodgers won a ring and made multiple NFCCG. 

How did Stafford almost blow it twice?

That Bucs game Stafford saved the Rams. Kupp fumbled when Stafford threw it to him. The center Allen snapped it over the head of Stafford when the ball shouldnt have been snapped. Akers fumbled twice when he was running. Thats not on Stafford. I guess since its Stafford and not Mahomes, Brady, ARod, Wilson, or any other top QBs we blame him for anything and everything.

As for the Niners game, yes Stafford almost threw that pick to Tartt. It was a bad pass. But can we act like no other QB has bad passes in every game. ARod threw a bad pass in double coverage against the Niners that almost was picked off. He had Lazard wide open but chose to still force the ball to Adams. Talk about that. Or talk about how come after Lewis fumbled the rest of the game ARod literally only threw to Adams and Jones instead of trusting Lewis again or throwing to Lazard or MVS. ARod isnt perfect. Stafford almost threw a pick to Tartt but lets not act like if Tartt caught that ball the Niners win. It was a 3pt game with 9 minutes left and Im not kidding when I say this. The Niners never gained a single positive yard the rest of the game on offense. So what would the Niners have done with that takeaway? Im confident when I say the way the 4th quarter was going they either wouldve went 3 and out and punted right back to the Rams OR Jimmy G wouldve thrown a pick and gave it right back to the Rams. Its convenient everyone mentions that int that Tartt dropped but dont mention the pick 6 that Ramsey dropped later on in the 4th quarter. Is it just only looking at it from the losing team perspective? The Niners are lucky they even had a chance to win. Gay missed a FG, Skowronek dropped a td pass, Kupp dropped a pass that he couldve scored on, and the pick 6 Ramsey dropped. So no Stafford didnt blow it twice. Its just the narrative that keeps piling on him based on his long history in Detroit.

If I had to use an analogy of how people view Stafford it would be ex cons. Yes they did a crime that sent them to jail. They served their time, got out and are a better person. They no longer is that same person they were when they broke the law yet people still look at them as criminals thus never giving them the benefit of the doubt. Always waiting for them to break the law again even though they are clearly showing you that they have changed. Thats how people still view Stafford. When will the Detroit Stafford show up? He cant win on the big stage even though he just won his recent biggest game on his career in the NFCCG. Outside of Allen, Stafford has been sensational in the playoffs. The Rams wouldnt be in the Superbowl if it wasnt for Stafford. Dare I say that if the Packers had Stafford they would be in the Superbowl right now and not sitting at home.  

Edited by stl4life07

That’s actually an interesting discussion. Is the 2021 Rams better than any team Aaron’s Rodgers ever played on? I think most people will say Mcvay is a better coach than both Mccarthey and Lafluer

Edited by CP3MVP

18 hours ago, El Ramster said:

So they were a fake 1 seed and you all thought you had no chance at a SB? 

That's not how it works. 

2010, 2011, 2014, 2020, and 2021 are all the times in his career that the Packers have been a legitimate contender. 2011 and 2021 are the only times where he was a primary reason why they lost.

Rodgers on the Rams sweep every team in the playoffs. He has Adams but what else? The man hasn’t had a good deep threat in god knows how long. Valdez Scantling is a deep threat but far from a good one, and a very average player at best. Lazard is overrated and a WR4 on most teams. 

Rodgers with OBJ, Kupp, and Higbee? Sweet jesus. 

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers on the Rams sweep every team in the playoffs. He has Adams but what else? The man hasn’t had a good deep threat in god knows how long. Valdez Scantling is a deep threat but far from a good one, and a very average player at best. Lazard is overrated and a WR4 on most teams. 

Rodgers with OBJ, Kupp, and Higbee? Sweet jesus. 

The guys Brady and Manning had were elite elite?