Super Bowl LVI

Leader

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure how the LB could have done anything differently.

My main point is it's better to NOT put yourself at risk to those types of questionable calls, which is on the Bengals offense and their four straight punts. Especially when you know NFL officials will find a way to **** it up when given a chance.

Also, the concept of "makeup" calls that folks are arguing to support the hold is asinine because a bad call earlier doesn't make a bad call later any better. Maybe just fix your ****, NFL?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure how the LB could have done anything differently.

I only saw one replay....but what I thought I saw was the LB'er reaching around the WR with his right hand and knocking the ball down - and I didnt see him holding the guy at all with his left hand/arm.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's my biggest issue with this game and the GB/TB game last year.  You let them play for 58 minutes and don't call anything, but then you suddenly in the last 2 minutes of the game decide you need to hit your flag quota and throwing flags where they don't belong.

^^^ this.

I've come to accept that NFL officiating sucks. So I just look for consistency on too many flags or none at all. So when they, seemingly, randomly decide to start throwing them (or not throwing them) it makes the whole thing just look a lot worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

My main point is it's better to NOT put yourself at risk to those types of questionable calls, which is on the Bengals offense and their four straight punts. Especially when you know NFL officials will find a way to **** it up when given a chance.

Also, the concept of "makeup" calls that folks are arguing to support the hold is asinine because a bad call earlier doesn't make a bad call later any better. Maybe just fix your ****, NFL?

Again, I'll ask what did the LBer need to do to be in a better position to not get called for the flag?

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

Things on this forum you can count on in almost any thread. 

Leader posting the same thing everyone already knows like it's news.

Ragging on AR the usual suspects.

Arguing about calls. 

Thank you folks for making me feel much better about being me. 

Dont you have something you need to beg forgiveness for?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Again, I'll ask what did the LBer need to do to be in a better position to not get called for the flag?

I'm not talking about the LB. I'm mostly referring to the Bengals offense, which did what the Packers offense did and left their D out to dry most of that second half. 

This then means when the LB has their arm around Kupp's waist, and the NFL's "highest graded" refs see it and decide it looks like holding, the impact is even worse.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

I'm not talking about the LB. I'm mostly referring to the Bengals offense, which did what the Packers offense did and left their D out to dry most of that second half. 

This then means when the LB has their arm around Kupp's waist, and the NFL's "highest graded" refs see it and decide it looks like holding, the impact is even worse.

I mean, prior to last year's Super Bowl you have to go back to 2014 the last time there was a blowout in the Super Bowl.  And before that, you'd have to go back to 2003.  Teams aren't usually going to be blowing the other teams out.

24 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Bengals may be disappointed tonight but they got a lot to be proud of as no one expected them to be here, and they'll be back in the near future I'm certain.

almost like rodgers, Marino were able to get back to more super bowls

• Like 1