Super Bowl LVI

Leader

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He just needs to be a contrarian.

When I posted that this should (rightfully) happen 1.5hrs ago it's not being contrarian. It's just called being situationally aware.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/41127-2021-super-bowl-gdt-thread-4-rams-vs-4-bengals/page/113/?tab=comments#comment-4372330

I badly wanted CIN to win. But it was the right call.

Edited by incognito_man

Aaron’s price tag just went up a BUNCH.

Back to back Super Bowl winning quarterbacks were offseason additions.

That’s wild.

Would be nice to have an Aaron Donald.

Imagine if the Bengals didn’t draft Chase.

Starting QB under 12% of the cap holds up (Stafford was under 11%).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Far more enjoyable than that SF vs GB game tho.  It’s refreshing to see a veteran QB not fold under the pressure on the big stage. 

Staffords last drive was the drive I was sure we were getting when Gary stuffed Mitchell on 4th and 1 with 6 mins left. I told everyone, "here comes the 4 min FG drive to put this one away." 

Just now, incognito_man said:

It was absolutely enough contact in the right situation to throw that make-up flag.

Don't miss the forest for the trees.

Don't forget the much bigger gift CIN got.

The previous call is irrelevant when it comes to whether the hold call was valid. I simply didnt see holding on that play.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Starting QB under 12% of the cap holds up (Stafford was under 11%).

We already covered this OP. Rams had 44% dedicated to QB when you include Goff. Your streak died tonight.

Edited by packfanfb

Just now, Leader said:

You agree that was holding?

No, it's not worth arguing because if it's the popular opinion, he's going to argue against it.

The refs clearly set a standard for how the game was going to be called. Just like the game vs Tampa, chippy in the secondary, the DB pulled in Allen Lazard to make the pick. Whatever, is what it is, but then when you throw the flag on Kevin King to decide the game, you've broke the standard to gift a team a win. Exact same scenario tonight.

The NFL rulebook is thrown out the window at kickoff on every game. There's a penalty to be called on every play, it's the standard the officials set early in the game that normally dictates the way the game is called.

• Like 1

I might have some sympathy for CIN had they not been gifted their own TD. They also had plenty of time to send the game to OT, but could not convert a first down after having 2 and 1 at midfield with a minute left.  Much like the Packers, the Bengals have nobody to blame but themselves for why they came up short this season.